The positivity... (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

In all seriousness it finally looks like the fan base will be back together and no more finger pointing on who’s side you’re on. This is now a moment we can really turnaround the fortunes of our club.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

In all seriousness it finally looks like the fan base will be back together and no more finger pointing on who’s side you’re on. This is now a moment we can really turnaround the fortunes of our club.
I agree with your sentiments 'AFC Coventry'.
I've was shocked by the abuse and threats I took at Port Vale away game in 2013 by the Pro SISU lobby and I expect the pro SISU lobby may also be able to point out inappropriate similar treatment.
We really should try put those things to one side and dare the same applies to this internet site too when some things are said that are very inappropriate . Yeah I know it maybe unrealistic and it's tough world out there but lets try 'ehh' for at a while at least.
Coventry is a big-ish club and actually quite a special club , fans together and with a lot more money (obviously) ,we can go far.

PUSB.

BigadamL

loving the positivity until the third game back at the Ricoh and all i can hear is screams of 'get rid of it' and people demanding Robins head because we haven't beaten Sheffield United or west brom

harvey098

loving the positivity until the third game back at the Ricoh and all i can hear is screams of 'get rid of it' and people demanding Robins head because we haven't beaten Sheffield United or west brom
It’s Saturday 7th August, first home game of the season. You’ve struggled to park so eventually settle for the Tesco Car Park and have to spend £50 on stuff you don’t need but you tell yourself “don’t worry, I can return this. I’ve found a loophole” Which makes you feel better even though you know you won’t bother to return it.

You walk up to the stadium, you buy a programme despite your internal monologue saying “£3.50 for this!!? You won’t even read it” but it’s got an interview with former fans favourite Carl Baker. Deal, sir.

You meet your friends for a quick pre-game beer. One of them turns up in the new shirt looking smug. You think ‘well I’ll be the smug one when I buy that same shirt for half the price in a few months’. Playing the long game, nice.

You get to your seats. You look across to the away end... they actually have fans... there is an atmosphere, this is going to be great. City take the kick-off and play it back to McFadzean. A loud cry of “FORWARD” echos around the stadium. We are home.

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

Something is def going on... now been asked by 3 people from diff groups of mates to come in on a group of season tickets or a box. These are all people who stopped going who are now getting season tickets!!! Added them up and it’s 20 new season tickets from guys who haven’t been for years. Been the last season ticket holder on my own for a few years now.... so it’s great they are all coming back. Welcome home lost souls.....the feckers need to start calling me super fan next season... and I will be in their faces with the membership shirt 😡😡

harvey098

Something is def going on... now been asked by 3 people from diff groups of mates to come in on a group of season tickets or a box. These are all people who stopped going who are now getting season tickets!!! Added them up and it’s 20 new season tickets from guys who haven’t been for years. Been the last season ticket holder on my own for a few years now.... so it’s great they are all coming back. Welcome home lost souls.....the feckers need to start calling me super fan next season... and I will be in their faces with the membership shirt 😡😡

I did wonder if we announced the stadium too early. Might've made more sense to announce it a week or so before ST goes on sale. I wonder how many of these people will still have the same hype / buzz when they go on sale.

matesx

I did wonder if we announced the stadium too early. Might've made more sense to announce it a week or so before ST goes on sale. I wonder how many of these people will still have the same hype / buzz when they go on sale.

Most I would guess.

Fans are desperate for football and to be back in Cov is a massive boost.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It’s Satu3rday 7th August, first home game of the season. You’ve struggled to park so eventually settle for the Tesco Car Park and have to spend £50 on stuff you don’t need but you tell yourself “don’t worry, I can return this. I’ve found a loophole” Which makes you feel better even though you know you won’t bother to return it.

You walk up to the stadium, you buy a programme despite your internal monologue saying “£3.50 for this!!? You won’t even read it” but it’s got an interview with former fans favourite Carl Baker. Deal, sir.

You meet your friends for a quick pre-game beer. One of them turns up in the new shirt looking smug. You think ‘well I’ll be the smug one when I buy that same shirt for half the price in a few months’. Playing the long game, nice.

You get to your seats. You look across to the away end... they actually have fans... there is an atmosphere, this is going to be great. City take the kick-off and play it back to McFadzean. A loud cry of “FORWARD” echos around the stadium. We are home.

The problem is Sky moved the game to Friday night and you missed game.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread