The official NFL Thread (2 Viewers)

tisza

Vikings setting themselves up for a QB move by trading for Texans 1st rounder. 2 firsts - either going for the 4th pick or reckless speculation is may be loading up to trade for Herbert (cleared a lot of cap space, Chargers still need to create cap space and Harbaugh loves McCarthy).

Liquid Gold

What's your draft day wild card?

I'm going to go Jaden Daniels falling out of the top 3. All the smoke has Washington taking him but that could just be to obscure them going for Maye. Then I think JJ suits the Pats.

David O'Day

I'm going to go Jaden Daniels falling out of the top 3. All the smoke has Washington taking him but that could just be to obscure them going for Maye. Then I think JJ suits the Pats.
Be shocked, the pats will pick the best QB available at 3. They will likely take Daniels or maye whichever the Commanders don't.

David O'Day

Best QB available isn't necessarily the best on the PFF board. Tubisky over Mahomes the most obvious recent example.

What's your wild card call?
They need to go talent as they need to rebuild. The QB doesn't have to be able to step in yet if at all the this season as they have sign Brissett for that reason.

No one new mahomes would be like he is, the actual fuck up was taking Trubisky over Watson who was a surer thing.

The Pats don't want a "pats" QB they want the most talented one they can get. The system is going to be different, the LOC and the staff they have given him is geared towards a more west coast system than the traditional pats system.

Liquid Gold

They need to go talent as they need to rebuild. The QB doesn't have to be able to step in yet if at all the this season as they have sign Brissett for that reason.

No one new mahomes would be like he is, the actual fuck up was taking Trubisky over Watson who was a surer thing.

The Pats don't want a "pats" QB they want the most talented one they can get. The system is going to be different, the LOC and the staff they have given him is geared towards a more west coast system than the traditional pats system.
This is so fucking boring. I'm just asking you to make an out of the box call.

Nobody knows which QB will end up being best for a couple of years yet at least. If it was as simple as taking the best player every team would do that all the time.

CCFCSteve

Looking forward to the draft. Reckon there’ll be some interesting trades/moves as well

From what I’ve heard/read, Id be shocked if Daniels doesn’t go No 2. Questions start with whether Patriots trade out of 3 even though they need a QB, do Vikings make a move to get a QB before 11, same with Raiders. Haven’t got a clue how it will all play out but checked odds of Williams, Daniels, McCarthy and Harrison for first four earlier…only 3/1 so not worth the punt as McCarthy could be taken later

Wild card prediction is Maye being picked later than expected ie 4th or 5th QB. Could still be early in draft though

David O'Day

Nobody knows which QB will end up being best for a couple of years yet at least. If it was as simple as taking the best player every team would do that all the time.
I don't know enough about this draft

But if you want a mad call then the steelers pick a QB first round so they have Wilson, Fields and a new QB

The Pat's could if they go for McCarthy take a WR first and then trade up if needed to take McCarthy'?

tisza

someone panics and takes Nix or Pennix in the 1st round.
Not sure about JJ to the Pats - they've nothing to put around him and not sure he's good enough to lift that offense on his own. Williams is probably the only QB ready to start right away. All the others ideally need a little time to iron out faults.

tisza

Always the same. QBs pick up steam because teams at the top of the draft normally need a QB. Odds are at least 2 of top 4 won't pan out.
REcent first round QB picks inc Fields, Wilson, Pickett, Lance, Mac Jones have all been moved on. Bryce Young gets a pass because that Panthers team gave him nothing. We don't know anything about Richardson yet.

Liquid Gold

They must be working under the assumption that they won't be picking this high again with Cousins and if they love him take him.

Will be sitting for a good while though, too long for such a high pick imo. They could probably have traded down and still landed him.

tisza

They must be working under the assumption that they won't be picking this high again with Cousins and if they love him take him.

Will be sitting for a good while though, too long for such a high pick imo. They could probably have traded down and still landed him.
Not starting for at least 2 years due to Cousins's contract. You've got 2 drafts to find a replacement. Must have had calls from Vikings, Raiders & Broncos. Plus Kirk won't be happy.
Broncos showed desperation with Nix.
First time that 5 QBs taken in top 10.
Really happy with Kwesi getting McCarthy at 10 and holding onto the 23 pick. Vikings had tried to get 3rd pick to get Maye and also asked about trading for Herbert.
Really shows where game is going when all the picks (14 so far) are on offense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread