The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Where has Redwolves come from, is it just wanting to keep red in the name?
It's come from wanting to keep the red in the name but they're an endangered species located entirely in the states so more of a connection than Panthers have to Carolina or Jaguars to Jacksonville etc.

Darth Robins

The Washington circus rolls on, seems like there is about to be some horrible news coming out.
Yeah this has been brewing for quite a while, it was always shocking that nothing happened about them pimping their cheerleaders out in Costa Rica.

Sneak preview of the stuff expected here:

CCFC88

The stuff about Gruden having an affair with a receptionist who was also seeing a WR at the same time, then Gruden not playing him cause he was jealous. Remember seeing that video of Jay slumped outside a bar smoking week with a bunch of kids, truly amazing.

Bet Ron cannot believe what he has walked into.

Sounds like the other owners want Snyder out and the Washington Post who are due to uncover everything are owned by Jeff Bezos who is reportedly keen on ownership.

This could be what we need, clear house, fresh start, new stadium in DC and an owner who hopefully wants to run something that resembles a credible organization.

Liquid Gold

The stuff about Gruden having an affair with a receptionist who was also seeing a WR at the same time, then Gruden not playing him cause he was jealous. Remember seeing that video of Jay slumped outside a bar smoking week with a bunch of kids, truly amazing.

Bet Ron cannot believe what he has walked into.

Sounds like the other owners want Snyder out and the Washington Post who are due to uncover everything are owned by Jeff Bezos who is reportedly keen on ownership.

This could be what we need, clear house, fresh start, new stadium in DC and an owner who hopefully wants to run something that resembles a credible organization.
"Damn good culture" - Bruce Allen

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wonder if it's using the name change as an excuse to get everything out without losing value in the brand name. Get all the dirty washing out under the Redskins brands so when it changes there's less of an association to the new in many people's eyes.

Not saying I agree with such a policy, just that it makes sense now rather than after.

D

Deleted member 4232

Surely we need a 20/21 thread?

This throws me every time I get a notification

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CCFC88

Surely we need a 20/21 thread?

This throws me every time I get a notification

IS there a way of changing the name of the thread to remove the "16/17"?

However I think CC4L would rather this thread gets buried as he spouted so much nonsense in those early pages...;)

Darth Robins

Pat McAfee got a text about this WaPo article coming live on his show, he didn't read it out loud for obvious reasons but said there's also some on the field stuff that is going to damage the entire league too. I can only imagine that's something to do with mass-doping or maybe something to do with gambling?

It's going to be a very interesting couple of days!

D

Deleted member 4232

Does anybody on here do the nfl fantasy league?
Used to, the Yahoo one is best. Have a few friends over the ditch who got me involved with their office one - I absolutely fluked it my first year, got first pick and because it was auto-draft for me (2am) I ended up with a really good side which went on to win me the competition - didn't get invited back

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Reckon it's a temporary name until the come up with a new name/logo etc. Gonna have to do the usual surveys/market research to find out what name the fans like most.

Bit of genius marketing really because they can now get loads on two sets of merch (arguably three with stuff with the old name on) rather than one. People will buy this stuff as a collectors item and then buy the stuff under the new moniker next year.

Of course there is a chance this season might not even go ahead so it just gives them even more of an excuse to take their time over the choice.

Liquid Gold

I actually quite like it, very clean and the uniforms are a lot better than some of the crap new ones this offseason. I'm going to need a Young 99 jersey when they're on sale, don't really know what the etiquette is of wearing my McLaurin 17 Redskins jersey is anymore.

CCFC88

Sorry if this has been posted previously but Last Chance U on Netflix is well worth a watch. Junior college football.
Yea itsa good watch, the first couple of seasons especially! Last season out next week 28th I think, then they're switching to basketball

tisza

Sorry if this has been posted previously but Last Chance U on Netflix is well worth a watch. Junior college football.
It's an interesting look at how college football works in general. "Rehabilitating" bad boys, 2nd chances etc. some of the top NFL talent went through the JC process.
Got a nephew on full scholarship in California JC system - been postponed until March due to Covid.

CCFCSteve

It's an interesting look at how college football works in general. "Rehabilitating" bad boys, 2nd chances etc. some of the top NFL talent went through the JC process.
Got a nephew on full scholarship in California JC system - been postponed until March due to Covid.

Fascinating really. Some who totally rehabilitate and learn, others who just wont. Seeing what happened to Isiah Wright, who scored probably the best touchdown I’ve ever seen, is such a shame but he just never listened

Users who are viewing this thread