The official NFL Thread (2 Viewers)

CCFC88

NFC West wide open after the rams last two results

Last edited:

tisza

Seems like Gruden getting fired after Pats game to give next coach the Miami game.
Apparently open secret in Washington that he's already been told he's done

Otis

That's one of the best TD catches I've ever seen -Lockett vs Rams last night.
What I also like is the NFL actually have a % of the likelihood of it being a completion - 6% !! Only in America:)
Wilson on fire this season
That was an amazing throw and catch. Zero percent chance of connecting with that you would have thought, but it was just sensational.

Otis

Seems like Gruden getting fired after Pats game to give next coach the Miami game.
I like him as a bloke. He seems a genuinely pleasant guy, but I think you also need to be ruthless in this game and there he was found sadly wanting.

tisza

looking forward to Cowboys-Packers.
interesting to see how Jones gets on against a better defence in the Giants-Vikings game.
Gotta fear for the Redskins.
Otherwise some pretty ordinary games today

CanadianCCFC

Decent effort so far from Washington. I haven’t been watching the entire game but they aren’t getting blown out so that’s a positive.

CCFC88

There was videos of him surfacing where he's sat on a curb outside a bar chatting to a girl half his age, no context to it or when it was but if it is a recent video it seems he'd already chucked in the towel.

Timing feels right for it to happen this week.

CCFC88

Gone now, would like to see a HC that could bring Trent back in from the cold although that will likely mean some of Grudens men following him out the door.

Also a HC that believes in an can develop Haskins, doesn't have to be immediate but have a vision of how to get the best from him

tisza

Comfortable win over Giants.
Cousins looks much better when he gets the ball away quicker rather than hanging on looking for the perfect pass. No way he was attempting those 2 TD passes before this week. Carr showed any defence can be played if you release quicker. Cousins should have enough experience to give up on plays quicker (learn from Rodgers last season).
Race for the worst team in NFL hotting up - Bengals, Jets look worse than the Dolphins :)
Packers - another big win. Packers star of the season - Adam Stenavich.

Otis

What about that one scrambling TD throw of Mahomes last night. That was sensational.

He is a very special player. Has me almost liking the KC Chiefs. Almost.

On the same topic, which teams do we all really dislike?

For me....

Cowboys
Eagles
Raiders
Steelers
And occasionally, Giants.

Don't mind the Bucs and Bills, Rams, Saints, Chargers, Falcons and Dolphins.

It does change from year to year I guess depending on the team and how they are playing.

Really started to dislike the Steelers when Hines Ward was playing for them. What a nasty piece of work he was.

Liquid Gold

Glad the Gruden has gone, it really had to happen. No malice to him but I've never been convinced he's up to it. I just now wonder what coach worth anything is going to want the job. TO think of all the talented coached that have come and gone in the last few years.

Cousins looks much better when he gets the ball away quicker rather than hanging on looking for the perfect pass. No way he was attempting those 2 TD passes before this week. Carr showed any defence can be played if you release quicker. Cousins should have enough experience to give up on plays quicker (learn from Rodgers last season).
Race for the worst team in NFL hotting up - Bengals, Jets look worse than the Dolphins :)
Cousins always looks better against poor teams. He just cannot beat winning teams and most Washington fans could have told you that his great stats weren't in clutch situations.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Never liked the Cowboys as a self-styled 'America's Team'. Can admire the Pats for the way they play but really can't like them - no personality. Everything about the Browns has been so dull for so long I can't even bring myself to dislike them.

Not got a lot of time for Steelers, Colts, Saints or Chargers. yet despite being a fan of the Bears I quite like the Packers too.

No real reason for any of that.

tisza

Cousins always looks better against poor teams. He just cannot beat winning teams and most Washington fans could have told you that his great stats weren't in clutch situations.
Agree with the sentiment but yesterday was a change even from other games against poor teams.
Much more balanced offense but his decision-making from the off was much clearer and more determined. Was less worried about making mistakes and was throwing balls more confidently into situations that he hasn't since he's been here. Wasn't as if the protection was that much better yesterday.

CCFC88

I think the Bengals have done some ok stuff this year, seems like a year to prep for their future franchise QB and Jets have been really hurt by Darnold not being there.

Redskins v Phins next week is the one were all looking forward to!

Otis

I think the Bengals have done some ok stuff this year, seems like a year to prep for their future franchise QB and Jets have been really hurt by Darnold not being there.

Redskins v Phins next week is the one were all looking forward to!
Salivating as we speak.

Sky's game of the week?

tisza

good weekend.
Some top college games today and 3 or 4 potentially really good NFL ones tomorrow - 2 sky ones should be close

and one absolute stinker - sorry Redskins fans :)

Last edited:

CanadianCCFC

good weekend.
Some top college games today and 3 or 4 potentially really good NFL ones tomorrow - 2 sky ones should be close

and one absolute stinker - sorry Redskins fans :)
Redskins Dolphins to finish 49-48 in overtime and be the game of the season

Otis

A bit puzzled.

Couldn't help but notice that in the LA Rams/49's game in LA, it seemed like 99% of the crowd were Niners fans. Hardly a white shirt to be found. Just a sea of red.

Any idea as to why?

tisza

A bit puzzled.

Couldn't help but notice that in the LA Rams/49's game in LA, it seemed like 99% of the crowd were Niners fans. Hardly a white shirt to be found. Just a sea of red.

Any idea as to why?
Rams haven't rebuilt a fan base since moving back to LA. Often large numbers of visiting fans there - it's become a weekend away package. Packers had about half the crowd there last season.
Not easy to rebrand and move then comeback 10 years later and pretend nothings happened.
For now it's still very much Raiders territory maybe that LV move + new stadium may improve Rams attendances.

Good game though. 49ers were pretty impressive

Liquid Gold

Great to see the Dolphins purposely fail to make a two point conversion to keep that winning record intact. Redskins must be really bad to let them back into the game when they’re trying to lose.

Liquid Gold

A bit puzzled.

Any idea as to why?
Chargers is the really puzzling one, no connection to LA at all, playing in a tiny stadium and completely outnumbered by visiting fans every week. On top of that they’re due to move into the massive Inglewood stadium with the Rams soon.

tisza

Great to see the Dolphins purposely fail to make a two point conversion to keep that winning record intact. Redskins must be really bad to let them back into the game when they’re trying to lose.
At some point there must be a "duty of care" with the Miami QBs.
Going all in to get a talented QB - but who needs protecting , gets a lot of time behind Alabama O line and has questions of whether he can physically play a 16 game season.

tisza

Chargers is the really puzzling one, no connection to LA at all, playing in a tiny stadium and completely outnumbered by visiting fans every week. On top of that they’re due to move into the massive Inglewood stadium with the Rams soon.
strange one.
Were getting average 60k in San Diego.
Couldn't get help from council building a new stadium. Ownership panicked when Rams announced return to LA as they claimed large part of their fanbase was from southern LA area. Was all messy along the lines were going to do a deal with Raiders then Raiders said they were off to Vegas (again couldn't get the council to pay for new stadium).
By default ended up with a deal from the Rams.
Got to wonder whether the Raiders become like the Rams with large numbers of "away" fans making up the crowds as part of weekend packages etc.

tisza

My genuine belief in the Lions is all going to come crashing down tonight isn’t it?
No turnovers. Packers defence been strong on takeaways. Stafford can give the ball up.
May come down to who runs the ball better and controls the clock.
Both sides key injuries.
Think home field takes the Packers home but don't underestimate Patricia - one of the best coaches out there atm

Users who are viewing this thread