The official NFL Thread (4 Viewers)

tisza

He gets a chance this pre season to be named in the 52 man roster I thought and if he doesn’t he is automatically signed to the practice squad for the year. Similar to what Alex Gray did at the Falcons.
Sorry should have been clearer.
If he gets taken up (fairly unlikely) then obviously could play straight away. But probably he is an extra player for the practice squad with an IPP exemption.
Could be released and re-signed to play this season but would lose IPP status.
Gray was in same scheme. Did his free year 2017 , got released then resigned as a futures player

CCFC88

nice contract. 65m signing bonus, 35m a year.
Going to be some more monsters this year with 6 or 7 other starters due new deals/
Reckon the Cheifs will get Mahommes signed up before he is due to beat the upward curve of top salaries

tisza

Offensive line. Some very good tackles and guards about. Looking for someone to do a job like Nelson did for Lock last year. Hoping for Taylor but one of Ford, Dillard, Williams or Lindstrom would do. Lot of talent in top 7 or 8 options.
Slightly concerned latest rumours have us now taking a TE ahead of trading Rudolph.

Last edited:

CCFC88

Everything seems to be pointing towards Murray going no1, if the Cards don't want him the Raiders could trade up.

No idea what the Redskins will do, I'm happy to role with Keenum for a year, we are many pieces away from being a competing team so best player available for me, if we could get WR1 or WR2 to spark a bit of excitement into the fan base, would probably prefer Marquise Brown over Metcalf for productivity but Metcalf seems to carry a bit more excitement around him

Liquid Gold

I'd be happy for 'Skins to trade down this year. There is plenty of receiver talent about so could pick up something good in the 2nd. Get more picks and start building a team that may not be ready straight away and send everything we have to trade up for one of next years class.

tisza

Still keep seeing Skins linked with Jones. QB draft is thin in that middle area and Jones really isn't a 1st round pick normally.
Think the Manning connection being completely over-hyped. Cutliffe also sent sent some right duds into NFL.
Particularly as Smith probably back for next season.
But if Cards draft Murray do Skins take a run at Rosen? Possibly for a 3rd round pick - would certainly reshape entire Skins draft. Rosen certainly better than Jones.

CCFC88

Still keep seeing Skins linked with Jones. QB draft is thin in that middle area and Jones really isn't a 1st round pick normally.
Think the Manning connection being completely over-hyped. Cutliffe also sent sent some right duds into NFL.
Particularly as Smith probably back for next season.
But if Cards draft Murray do Skins take a run at Rosen? Possibly for a 3rd round pick - would certainly reshape entire Skins draft. Rosen certainly better than Jones.
Plenty rumouring a move for Haskins also, can't say I'm overly sold on what I've seen of him. Worry about holding out till next year is that there's probably 6-8 teams with the same attitude, if the skins see something they like this year there's a chance they'll try and jump the gun and avoid throwing all in next year.

Liquid Gold

Not a fan of Jones from what I've seen. Much rather go for Grier or hope Haskins drops.

Rosen I would be massively sold on, especially at a 3rd rounder considering we have two of them anyway.

Anybody staying up to watch it? I'm not sleeping well at the moment anyway so perfect timing.

tisza

Plenty rumouring a move for Haskins also, can't say I'm overly sold on what I've seen of him. Worry about holding out till next year is that there's probably 6-8 teams with the same attitude, if the skins see something they like this year there's a chance they'll try and jump the gun and avoid throwing all in next year.
Good somebody else not sold on Haskins. Where contract extensions are lining up not sure how many teams are going to be chasing 1st round QBs next year (apart from the sides being linked this year).

CCFC88

Not a fan of Jones from what I've seen. Much rather go for Grier or hope Haskins drops.

Rosen I would be massively sold on, especially at a 3rd rounder considering we have two of them anyway.

Anybody staying up to watch it? I'm not sleeping well at the moment anyway so perfect timing.
I tend to stay up to see who WAS take first, enjoyed last year as nobody really had a feel for what the Browns would do, this year I'd be massively surprised if it varies from Murray, Bosa, Williams

tisza

Grier is a big number college QB (in a poor defensive conference) that would need a lot of work. Plenty of nice things about him though.
Problem with day one of the draft it takes so long and only 1st round completed. As draft moves on speeds up nicely.
Starts about 2 am so 1st pick could be around 3.

Liquid Gold

Grier is a big number college QB (in a poor defensive conference) that would need a lot of work. Plenty of nice things about him though.
Problem with day one of the draft it takes so long and only 1st round completed. As draft moves on speeds up nicely.
Starts about 2 am so 1st pick could be around 3.
I thought it was kicking off at 1?

I'm hoping Giants take Jones due to the obvious connections.

tisza

I tend to stay up to see who WAS take first, enjoyed last year as nobody really had a feel for what the Browns would do, this year I'd be massively surprised if it varies from Murray, Bosa, Williams
Bosa and Williams going to be huge. Williams generally considered best player in draft - being compared with Donald already. Ironic at 6'3 and 300 lbs not considered to have the physical traits but is so quick. Saw him a lot last season.
Bosa had his injury issues They are both absolute defensive beasts.

CCFC88

Get the feeling Haskins will drop, could see him fall to the Redskins, in which case I think we'd take a shot with him and I wouldn't mind, just don't want just selling our soul to go up and get him.

If he starts to drop we may even see a potential trade with those lower down to come up and get him.

Liquid Gold

Get the feeling Haskins will drop, could see him fall to the Redskins, in which case I think we'd take a shot with him and I wouldn't mind, just don't want just selling our soul to go up and get him.

If he starts to drop we may even see a potential trade with those lower down to come up and get him.
Someone trading us for him would be ideal. Take a low 1st with a 3rd or something. Package up two thirds or a 2 and a 3 for Rosen and still be left with a first 1/2 2nd and 1/2 3rd.

CCFC88

Don't think we'll be the only ones in the market for Rosen and can't see a deal before the drafts done so will be next years picks.

The is a pocket passer so may be the perfect understudy in Pittsburgh or New England.

tisza

Don't think we'll be the only ones in the market for Rosen and can't see a deal before the drafts done so will be next years picks.

The is a pocket passer so may be the perfect understudy in Pittsburgh or New England.
Don't see him and Bellichick getting on - really contrasting personalities.
Pittsburgh just extended big ben again - not sure they'd want to give up much to sit Rosen for 3-4 years. Rosen's contract fully guaranteed.
Don't think Cards would get much for Rosen as a desperate seller.

tisza

Completely forgot about Lock too. Wonder where he'll end up.
He's a better prospect than Jones.
Don't think Cards draft Murray without a Rosen plan in place. Goes past draft and teams will sort out QBs through that. Then Rosen has little more than a 5th round value in next year's draft as he'll probably be a back up to the likes of Manning or Ryan
May all just be a giant bluff and they trade down. Certainly need to restock elsewhere.

mark82

He's a better prospect than Jones.
Don't think Cards draft Murray without a Rosen plan in place. Goes past draft and teams will sort out QBs through that. Then Rosen has little more than a 5th round value in next year's draft as he'll probably be a back up to the likes of Manning or Ryan
May all just be a giant bluff and they trade down. Certainly need to restock elsewhere.

Can't get a feel for what AZ are going to do. All talk the last week is they have cooled on Murray. I'm not sure what's bluff and what isn't at this point. Could be any of Murray, Bosa or Williams.

Been some movement on Williams for number 1 pick today from 12/1 in to about 4/1 (Paddy power). Still 3rd favourite but much closer.

mark82

Completely forgot about Lock too. Wonder where he'll end up.

Quite like Lock as a prospect. He could be the one that emerges as the better player long term. It's a bit of an underrated QB class to be honest. Maybe no superstars but a few solid choices.

tisza

I'll take Bradbury. Surprised Taylor fell out of the 1st round.
Some serious talent available today.
Don't get the Giants. Could have taken Jones with 2nd pick if they had to.
Still not sure on Haskins. Good but maybe not much more than that.

Liquid Gold

Not completely sold on him but our man now. Much happier picking him up at 15 than the rumoured trade though. Stayed up for a bit and laughed my ass off when giants selected Jones.

Managing to snag Sweat is good too. Although I feel we have more pressing issues that D line is going to be a beast.

Metcalfe still on the board. Always looked like more of an athlete than a footballer to me but I’m sure someone will pick him tonight and prove me wrong.

Feel for Rosen though. Anywhere he ends up will he backup now. This is where the system in NFL is unfair. He didn’t ask to be drafted by a batshit organisation who get rid of everyone a few months later and decide they don’t want him only to ask too high a price. Maybe backing up Fitzmagic for a year in Miami?

Last edited:

tisza

Not completely sold on him but our man now. Much happier picking him up at 15 than the rumoured trade though. Stayed up for a bit and laughed my ass off when giants selected Jones.

Managing to snag Sweat is good too. Although I feel we have more pressing issues that D line is going to be a beast

Feel for Rosen though. Anywhere he ends up will he backup now. This is where the system in NFL is unfair. He didn’t ask to be drafted by a batshit organisation who get rid of everyone a few months later and decide they don’t want him only to ask too high a price. Maybe backing up Fitzmagic for a year in Miami?

Sweat would have been a higher pick (top 10) if not for the heart issues.
Gotta feel the cards have made a bit of a mess with the QB situation. 2 of the biggest QB needy teams drafted one. No need to give up a 2nd round pick for him as he's going nowhere fast. Maybe someone (Miami) offers a 3rd but could just keep falling in value. Only other option is for them to hope someone gets injured in pre-season and he's tradeable then - but that's really desperate management. Also there's still a great QB class coming next year - maybe 5 or 6 1st round talents. Mami still going to struggle this season so just wait for the opportunity to maybe get Lawrence (who is better than Murray and Rosen)

GM (a poor one who already gave up 2 picks to move up for Rosen last year) gave Rosen nothing to protect him or work with last season. Kept him in the dark as to what was going on. Going to be a difficult situation.
Wonder whether the new coach's "obsession" with Murray has left them a bit blinkered.

Jones situation bit like Murray's - blinkered. Obviously Giants decided they wanted him no matter what. Jones isn't a 1st round pick let alone 6th.

Liquid Gold

Sweat would have been a higher pick (top 10) if not for the heart issues.
Gotta feel the cards have made a bit of a mess with the QB situation. 2 of the biggest QB needy teams drafted one. No need to give up a 2nd round pick for him as he's going nowhere fast. Maybe someone (Miami) offers a 3rd but could just keep falling in value. Only other option is for them to hope someone gets injured in pre-season and he's tradeable then - but that's really desperate management. Also there's still a great QB class coming next year - maybe 5 or 6 1st round talents. Mami still going to struggle this season so just wait for the opportunity to maybe get Lawrence (who is better than Murray and Rosen)

GM (a poor one who already gave up 2 picks to move up for Rosen last year) gave Rosen nothing to protect him or work with last season. Kept him in the dark as to what was going on. Going to be a difficult situation.
Wonder whether the new coach's "obsession" with Murray has left them a bit blinkered.

Jones situation bit like Murray's - blinkered. Obviously Giants decided they wanted him no matter what. Jones isn't a 1st round pick let alone 6th.
Yep, agree. Really poor GM work by Steve Keim. In that position you need to have a longer term plan for the team and having a new head coach each year and giving them exactly what they want is just going to lead to chaos. It looks as though Arians was keeping everything together there any nobody else knows what's going on.

Still feeling sweet about the Giants pick, they are trying to be counter productive by the look of it. Maybe they should try trading Saquon out and extend Eli while they're at it.

tisza

So Dolphins take Rosen. Upgrade for Rosen going from worst o line to 2nd worst:). Not a big price.
Like Irvin pick as going to be difficult to afford Rudolph next season.
Don't know much about Mattison but seemingly straight replacement for Murray. Workhorse rather than spectacular but better receiver than Murray.
Spielman up to his usual tricks of accumulating picks. Hopefully this time he uses them to trade up.
Still a lot of decent options available.

tisza

pretty good draft for us - probably 4 starters, 3 or 4 squad players for future and couple of raw potential possibilities.
only slight negative was leaving WR picks so late and there were still better options not drafted.
Like Locker as a UDA.

Users who are viewing this thread