The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

tisza

Jets spending even more big more on defence with Mosley.

tisza

Jeez everyone in NFC North loading up on defenders and we're having to let them go.
Ravens defence being cherry picked.

tisza

Barr to Jets. About 13m a year. Would have cost us 16m a year. Wilson an undrafted free agent will step up. Looked good last year. Current contract 650k per year.
Raiders continue to load up. Joyner from the Rams latest.
Barr last minute u turn and stays us. less money than Jets offered and less than he was due. heavily incentivised still big money for a line backer.
one of our big names is going - maybe Griffen, Waynes or Rhodes

Terry Gibson's perm

Mannings time is nearly over as they are likely to use the draft to bring in a franchise quarterback.

tisza

Bell to the jets.
Still can't figure out whether it was worth giving up 14m to sit out last season.
Jets hardly an upgrade on his previous situation. Reckon he'll give them a couple of years then play up but by that time no-one will care.

tisza

Mannings time is nearly over as they are likely to use the draft to bring in a franchise quarterback.
Still a strange one. They just paid Beckham 20 odd million then trade him.
Peppers a good player.
But bring in a new QB and leave him with no targets doesn't seem wise.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Jesus christ we actually got rid of tannebum, thank you titans ill gladly wait another season for a star rookie qb and maybe bridgewater for 2 seasons as our starter!

tisza

Jesus christ we actually got rid of tannebum, thank you titans ill gladly wait another season for a star rookie qb and maybe bridgewater for 2 seasons as our starter!
Bridgewater signed another year at Saints. Waiting for Brees job. Didn't want to go to Miami as they were going to draft a QB.

tisza

Fitzmagic to the Dolphins, QB market keeping us all on our toes this year.
Really an upgrade on Tannehill or just more cap savings? Had a little run last year over a few games. Dolphins better draft because Fitzpatrick isn't taking them through a season.

tisza

Strange twist in Kaepernick story. He and Reid settled jointly for less than 10m.
Kaepernick base salary alone was 12m.

ajsccfc

In case Instagram posts don't embed, Gronkowski is retiring:

It all started at 20 years old on stage at the NFL draft when my dream came true, and now here I am about to turn 30 in a few months with a decision I feel is the biggest of my life so far. I will be retiring from the game of football today. I am so grateful for the opportunity that Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick gave to me when drafting my silliness in 2010. My life experiences over the last 9 years have been amazing both on and off the field. The people I have meet, the relationships I have built, the championships I have been apart of, I just want to thank the whole New England Patriots organization for every opportunity I have been giving and learning the great values of life that I can apply to mine. Thank you to all of Pats Nation around the world for the incredible support since I have been apart of this 1st class organization. Thank you for everyone accepting who I am and the dedication I have put into my work to be the best player I could be. But now its time to move forward and move forward with a big smile knowing that the New England Patriots Organization, Pats Nation, and all my fans will be truly a big part of my heart for rest of my life. It was truly an incredible honor to play for such a great established organization and able to come in to continue and contribute to keep building success. To all my current and past teammates, thank you for making each team every year special to be apart of. I will truly miss you guys. Cheers to all who have been part of this journey, cheers to the past for the incredible memories, and a HUGE cheers to the uncertain of whats next.

Otis

In case Instagram posts don't embed, Gronkowski is retiring:

It all started at 20 years old on stage at the NFL draft when my dream came true, and now here I am about to turn 30 in a few months with a decision I feel is the biggest of my life so far. I will be retiring from the game of football today. I am so grateful for the opportunity that Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick gave to me when drafting my silliness in 2010. My life experiences over the last 9 years have been amazing both on and off the field. The people I have meet, the relationships I have built, the championships I have been apart of, I just want to thank the whole New England Patriots organization for every opportunity I have been giving and learning the great values of life that I can apply to mine. Thank you to all of Pats Nation around the world for the incredible support since I have been apart of this 1st class organization. Thank you for everyone accepting who I am and the dedication I have put into my work to be the best player I could be. But now its time to move forward and move forward with a big smile knowing that the New England Patriots Organization, Pats Nation, and all my fans will be truly a big part of my heart for rest of my life. It was truly an incredible honor to play for such a great established organization and able to come in to continue and contribute to keep building success. To all my current and past teammates, thank you for making each team every year special to be apart of. I will truly miss you guys. Cheers to all who have been part of this journey, cheers to the past for the incredible memories, and a HUGE cheers to the uncertain of whats next.

I love Gronk.

tisza

DEs moving into QB wages territory again. Lawrence getting 105m over 5 years from the Cowboys.

tisza

I’m happy with that. When Dak and Zeke need paying in a year or two that’s going to stop them building a team.
Just seems to be heading to a basketball scenario where a few key players are taking up big% of budget and a lot of cheap padding around them.
Like the recent draft pattern. Nearly all draftees will get signed and replace 3rd/4th year players who would be in line for pay increases.

Liquid Gold

Just seems to be heading to a basketball scenario where a few key players are taking up big% of budget and a lot of cheap padding around them.
Like the recent draft pattern. Nearly all draftees will get signed and replace 3rd/4th year players who would be in line for pay increases.
What’s the answer though? Maximum salary in each position? Then you’d end up with everyone asking for the max.

SkyblueBazza

Sorry...are we saying franchising of sports clubs is good on this thread/sport but bad on others?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Sorry...are we saying franchising of sports clubs is good on this thread/sport but bad on others?

You know in america it’s accepted tradition and been done for at least a hundred years. Here it’s alien, rejected and universally discouraged.

I know you’re trying to make a point but you’re doing it very badly and It makes you look an imbecile.

SkyblueBazza

You know in america it’s accepted tradition and been done for at least a hundred years. Here it’s alien, rejected and universally discouraged.

I know you’re trying to make a point but you’re doing it very badly and It makes you look an imbecile.
I will take that as a kind of embarrassed "yes"

tisza

What’s the answer though? Maximum salary in each position? Then you’d end up with everyone asking for the max.
Going to be interesting. Salary cap increasing but value of TV contracts not (maybe even falling) due to low viewing figures.
Teams will have to balance values of positions. Do they go all in on a QB or get a decent one but pay for the weapons or protection he needs?
Teams already top heavy with players on lower contracts. One of the reason average NFL career around 3 years. Non guaranteed starters replaced by UDFAs when rookie contract runs down.
Washington Redskins 2019 Salary Cap
SKINS good example - same as most other teams. Fill in a couple of highish earners for 1st & 2nd round picks. And 6 best paid players account for around 40% of your cap.
So have to have another 47 players from remaining 60%.
Add a load of lower earners from lower draft picks and UDFAs - always about 10-12 per 53 man squad recycling each season.

tisza

Christian Wade has signed for the Bills. Anyone followed his progress/know what position he's likely to play?
Being lined up as a kick returner and running back. Would have thought he'd have to bulk up a bit to be a running back though.
He has to sit out games this year but is part of the full practice squad. He's done pretty well to get through the IPP selection.

skybluebeast

Being lined up as a kick returner and running back. Would have thought he'd have to bulk up a bit to be a running back though.
He has to sit out games this year but is part of the full practice squad. He's done pretty well to get through the IPP selection.
He gets a chance this pre season to be named in the 52 man roster I thought and if he doesn’t he is automatically signed to the practice squad for the year. Similar to what Alex Gray did at the Falcons.

Users who are viewing this thread