The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

tisza

Only game I'd consider is Bears, and that only if it was at WHL. Doing the MLB games this year at WHU as a change. Bit expensive for my taste but person I'm going with is big MLB fan.
My introduction to US sports was MLB as friends from university were Twins fans who were over here the year they won World series.
But it's a game just can't take to. Guess like football it's a game you have to grow with.

CanadianCCFC

great game but andy reid is a pussy. goes for FG to tie rather than TD to win with 11 seconds left

the NFL OT rules are fucking inexusably bad,why leave your season to comw down to a coin toss?

and NE and brady smashed it,so many 1st downs all game long. last drive was never gonna end any other way
great game but andy reid is a pussy. goes for FG to tie rather than TD to win with 11 seconds left
What a ridiculous thing to say

Otis

He would have been destroyed by the fans and the press if he had gone for the TD and failed.

covcity4life

He would have been destroyed by the fans and the press if he had gone for the TD and failed.
so he was scared?

that means hes a pussy

thanks for confirming i was right....again!

there needs to be bravery in NFL and fans need to smarten up

tisza

I just noticed today in an anonymous survey of NFL defensive players Kirk Cousins was rated as the most overrated QB
My original position on Vikings QB situation was they should have focused on O line and gone with Keenum. The Cousins situation happened pretty quickly as initially there were 3 or 4 other teams ahead of Vikings who were chasing him more aggressively.
Pundits etc. pre-season were pretty overwhelming in saying it was a good move bringing in Cousins although with reservations about the guaranteed money.
Bears game aside the offense looked better once they had simplified it when Defilipo went.
Difficult for most QBs/offense if you don't have a running game - again more down to O line than the quality of RBs.
But when he's made errors they've been costly. A large % of his fumbles/interceptions etc. have led to scoring drives.
Maybe a lesson to learn from Rodgers is to be quicker to just throw the ball into the crowd rather than risk turnovers.
His WRs also make his stats look better than they are - Thielen & Diggs made great catches from poor throws.
He's not short on offensive weapons - Diggs & Thielen good as any 1st pr WRs in NFL, Robinson a deep option, 2 good TEs in Rudolph & Morgan, Cook is a decent receiver as well as RB.
Vikings have to give him protection - pass rushers are getting better , DEs the most highly prized players after QBs in football now. But he has to convince his teammates he can be a leader - less prayer circles and more vocal leadership.

tisza

An NFL writer also wrote yesterday that he was the Vikings unsung hero this season

Unsung heroes in the NFC: Adrian Peterson, Frank Clark thrived
Problem is Cousins this season is an example of where stats hide performance.
Cousins stats were better than okay but what they don't show is how he struggled to consistently get into the redzone for example. Made plenty of yds from own goal line to the halfway but not enough from halfway to redzone.

Cousins probably suffered a bit from being the 1st big QB contract to come along particularly with the guaranteed money part. ATM end of next season Mahomes is being projected as the 1st 200m dollar QB contract. Cousins contract will be average by end of next year.
Kicking problems didn't help either - Carlson & Bailey between them cost 3 wins.

Otis

so he was scared?

that means hes a pussy

thanks for confirming i was right....again!

there needs to be bravery in NFL and fans need to smarten up
Yeah, scared. Sure. Course he was.

giphy.gif

tisza

That missed call just gets messier.
Defender now been fined for an illegal hit so obviously a flag offence.
Now turns out official that didn't call it is from Los Angeles. Conspiracy theories going into overdrive!!

Liquid Gold

I don't know if any of you saw the 'NFL stories' thing that was on in the off season but they did a thing following Cousins' move. Something that I found really telling about him was when he was chasing between Vikings and Jets. Jets offered more money but he decided to go Vikings and his reasoning was something along the lines of "When your career's done do you want to have more money or.... win more games". During the pause he wanted to say win a Super Bowl but stopped himself and went for winning games. I think maybe he has some doubt about himself that the really top QBs don't have.

tisza

I don't know if any of you saw the 'NFL stories' thing that was on in the off season but they did a thing following Cousins' move. Something that I found really telling about him was when he was chasing between Vikings and Jets. Jets offered more money but he decided to go Vikings and his reasoning was something along the lines of "When your career's done do you want to have more money or.... win more games". During the pause he wanted to say win a Super Bowl but stopped himself and went for winning games. I think maybe he has some doubt about himself that the really top QBs don't have.
Can believe he's not dominant enough.
Watch him in the huddle and he never seems to dominate it.
Don't think he doubts his abilities just maybe not outgoing/loud enough to stamp himself on the team.
All the interviews i've seen he doesn't come across as someone saying "this is my team and i am going to lead it".
Watch the top QBs throw and they are going to put the ball where they believe it should go. Not afraid to fail - maybe Cousins just too risk-averse.
Maybe just not confident enough to believe he can lead a losing side like the Jets whereas at the Vikings plenty of other players ready to try and lead both on offense and defense/

CCFC88

Pats for me. Started watching the sport because of Tom Brady, here to enjoy every moment he has left. Once he retires I'll probably happily watch them get beat.

Otis

Pats for me. Started watching the sport because of Tom Brady, here to enjoy every moment he has left. Once he retires I'll probably happily watch them get beat.
Yeah, fair point.

He is definitely the GOAT. Heard it said so many times last weekend. Would love to see him win one last one and then I really hope he changes his mind and retires.

Liquid Gold

I'd take a pats win if it meant Brady retires but I'm behind the Rams, only tainted by them only being there because of an awful call.

skybluebeast

I was watching the pro bowl and at half time they played a clip of an interview with Brady that he did this week and he said he wants to play until 45 that’s his target.
Like FFS Tom just fuck off now man cause once he is gone Belichick will follow and then we won’t have to see the Pat bowl every year!
Yeah, fair point.

He is definitely the GOAT. Heard it said so many times last weekend. Would love to see him win one last one and then I really hope he changes his mind and retires.
g the

Otis

Yeah, but players say all sorts of things and can change their minds.

There is going to be a season if he carries on where he's going to get pumeled every game and he he risks serious injury. His reactions are going to slow and he's not going to be able to throw so far, or with so much accuracy.

There is no way he can play til he's 45. That's just fantasy talk.

CCFC88

He said the 45 thing a couple of years ago I think, just this week he said in an interview I know where I went wrong this year and I will put it right next year, it sounds like he is still learning and still wanting to get better.

I think you'll struggle to find a more driven person in sport, I think there's a sense within himself that he's worked the whole thing out now and whilst he's still able to stand he's going to continue to play. He's getting rid of the ball quicker than he ever has (see Joey Bosa's in game comments), he seems to be reading defences as well as he ever has and at the moment he still has the physical attributes he needs to play like that.

Barring any serious injury, that any QB can have, I see him playing till 45. I think he has his pass from Gisele.

Users who are viewing this thread