The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Pats win. What a shame. :(

giphy.gif

Otis

Thought they actually blew it in scoring too early at the death in regulation.

Think there were around 40 secs on the clock and they were 1st and goal from the 4 yard line and a punch in on 2nd or 3rd down would have probably sealed it, with it taking too much time off the clock, but Burkhead punched it in on 1st down and then with 37 secs left that allowed enough time on the clock for the Chiefs.

The Pats then gave up a stupid offside and put KC in field goal range.

Honestly then thought the Chiefs would win, but a brilliant drive from Brady and Gronk especially and the rest is history.

Obviously backing the Pats all the way now, but I won't be too unhappy if the Ram's win the Super Bowl either.

Rams seem to have the better team, but the Pats seemingly keep being able to pull things out of the bag.

They clearly haven't been as stong a team this year, yet here we are and yet another Super Bowl.

Even if you hate them, you have to thoroughly admire them.

What a QB and clearly the best head coach in the game.

Should be an exciting finale and I can't see it being at all dull.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

Credit to the patriots for making it yet again. Didn't think they would during the regular season. When the play offs came around they seemed to move up the gears. I wanted Chiefs V Saints so it's inevitable how it's turned out.

tisza

It comes down to Brady.
A sense of inevitability about the last drive. Having looked like he'd won the game the Chiefs strike back. So no fuss marches them down the field again.
Yet more stats come up during the game eg he is 73-1 in games led by 14 pts at halftime.

Credit goes to Belichick and mcdaniels. Another new gameplan that was specifically schemed for the Chiefs.
Ruthlessly pounded the ball with 2 decent (but not big name) running backs.
Gronk hardly seen the ball all season but then no-one else is making those catches in 4th
Defence upped it and brought great pressure. Hill hardly saw the ball.

Hard to bet against Pats. Game plan vs. Personnel.

covcity4life

great game but andy reid is a pussy. goes for FG to tie rather than TD to win with 11 seconds left

the NFL OT rules are fucking inexusably bad,why leave your season to comw down to a coin toss?

and NE and brady smashed it,so many 1st downs all game long. last drive was never gonna end any other way

ajsccfc

Wasn't it previously the case that if one team scores the other team gets one sudden death possession to do the same? I'd go back to that or maybe follow the football model and have a five-minute OT period. Luck shouldn't be as much of a factor as it is.

covcity4life

Wasn't it previously the case that if one team scores the other team gets one sudden death possession to do the same? I'd go back to that or maybe follow the football model and have a five-minute OT period. Luck shouldn't be as much of a factor as it is.
it used to be first pts wins i beleive

now its both teams get a go UNLESS you score a TD on 1st drive

its just dumb.a game is about attack and defence. it should go back and forth as you say, if NE scored TD then kansas have a high pressure drive to do same and so forth

tisza

that's the rule in college football.
it's a strange one that only 1 side has the advantage of having the ball. obvioulsy there's the possibilty of an intercepted TD return but the odds heavily favour team with 1st possession.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

that's the rule in college football.
it's a strange one that only 1 side has the advantage of having the ball. obvioulsy there's the possibilty of an intercepted TD return but the odds heavily favour team with 1st possession.

It should be that the other team has an opportunity to at least match whatever the first team did, so if the first team score a TD the other get a chance to reply with a TD of their own. Also think that should carry on and if on the second possession they score a field goal there should be a chance to match them with a FG or beat them with a TD.

CCFC88

17 games have gone to OT so far this season, only 4 have been won by a touchdown on the opening drive, the huge advantage that you would appear to get by taking the ball first in OT really isn't that huge. Scoring a TD really isn't that easy, Brady had to convert 3 3rd & longs to win the game last night under incredible pressure, knowing that Mahommes was sat in waiting.

CJ_covblaze

CCFC88

Yep, lacking a standout franchise. Expect Bears & Rams to shut out Bengals & Raiders, Panthers Bucs a tasty divisional game that will lose almost all of its spice being played over here and the Jags again, meh.

Think its 2 at Wembley, 2 at Spurs? Might go along to one of the ones at Spurs to see what the stadium is like. Seahawks v Raiders there last year would have been great.

ajsccfc

Bears-Raiders holds some appeal just to be in the same postcode as Marshawn Lynch if he hangs around, but otherwise not much there for me.

CJ_covblaze

Mexico City have got Chargers v Chiefs!

CJ_covblaze

usskyblue

Seems like they've almost hired him just to try and make Winston work and not have to pay out big money to sort out qb situation.

They’re determined to keep Winston. Lord knows why, he’s been a dick off the field, and hit and miss on it. It’s probably a money issue and a last attempt to save face. Winston was a #1 pick that hasn’t progressed. In his defence, the coaches he’s worked with have been poor at developing him. Hence, Arians’ arrival. If Winston can’t make it under Arians, he simply isn’t going to make it.

covcity4life

when do tickets go on sale? i always register for them but never seem tog et an email about actual release date. i want to go to one this year

CCFC88

when do tickets go on sale? i always register for them but never seem tog et an email about actual release date. i want to go to one this year
Season tickets will go on sale first, this is usually before xmas but they've delayed the announcing of fixtures and the release of tickets this year. Once ST have had a window to renew they'll open it up to new ST holders for a short period then whatever's left will go on gen sale for single games. Likely to only be for the games at Wembley as Spurs has 30k less tickets, there may be some that make it but it will be a scramble.

With 4 games and without any real marquee teams this year you should be able to pick one up off Viagogo for £20 to a Wembley game if you wait until the day before when ST holders are desperate to sell.

I've had a ST the last 4/5 years but wont be renewing this year with those games.

Liquid Gold

It's worth the experience to go. I went to Titans Chargers this year, picked them up on StubHub the day before the game for £30 or something for seats bang on the 50 and they have a special office just on Wembley way. I'll probably do Texans Jags this year as the tickets will undoubtedly be cheap if that's at Wembley.

Liquid Gold

The only reason the Packers haven't come over is because Aaron is worried about his safety being in the same country as CC4L

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Only game I'd consider is Bears, and that only if it was at WHL. Doing the MLB games this year at WHU as a change. Bit expensive for my taste but person I'm going with is big MLB fan.

Users who are viewing this thread