The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

CCFC88

go

got 3 Rams and a Chief there :) Rams recruited well on free agency defence but have paid out big money
Chiefs worst ranked defence yards in NFL and giving up 29 ppg. So have to be aggressive offensively. Berry an obvious miss for them
My bad, I meant peters, ex-chief.

CCFC88

One for the Redskins fans, complete mediocrity
Last 2 games 1-1
Last 4 games 2-2
Last 6 games 3-3
Last 10 games 5-5
Last 12 games 6-6
Last 14 games 7-7
Last 20 games 10-10
Last 33 games 16-16-1
Last 37 games 18-18-1
Last 57 games 28-28-1

Otis

One for the Redskins fans, complete mediocrity
Last 2 games 1-1
Last 4 games 2-2
Last 6 games 3-3
Last 10 games 5-5
Last 12 games 6-6
Last 14 games 7-7
Last 20 games 10-10
Last 33 games 16-16-1
Last 37 games 18-18-1
Last 57 games 28-28-1
I quite like the record of 28-28-1.

That would be one hell of a season.

Otis

Just seen Washington's injury update for tonight.

Crowder out.

Richardson doubtful
Dunbar questionable
Peterson questionable
Thompson questionable

Hope those questionables are answered in the affirmative.

If we lose Crowder, Richardson, Thompson and Peterson it's going to be a long, long night.

tisza

Cousins going for a new NFL record - number of QB passes batted down at line of scrimmage.!! 14 so far this season _ Bortles-esque!!

ccfcrob

Cousins going for a new NFL record - number of QB passes batted down at line of scrimmage.!! 14 so far this season _ Bortles-esque!!
Bortles has been benched after his second fumble today. Kessler is throwing very well in his place.

Liquid Gold

Was that your first time liquid? Iv been a fair few times couldn’t recommend it more to NFL fans in this country. Prices can be a bit steep but for one game a year it’s well worth it.
Yeah, my first live game. Adds to the spectacle. Will definitely be going again. Got the tickets for £45 on stub hub last night.

Liquid Gold

Come on you Redskins!!!

Under 5 mins left. Come on now. One more drive should do it.
HUUUUUGE play. The holding to take it back 10 instead of 20 forward then a strip and a defensive touchdown. Needed something like this to turn the game.

Otis

Agreed.

Skins could have easily blown it though. 10 points up with less than 5 mins to go. It shouldn't have ended up so close.

They just needed one single first down to kill it, but messed up. Smith should have slid and stayed inbounds instead of stopping the clock and the play choices were very predictable and the Cowboys able to stop us easily.

Think if that FG attempt had been successful for Dallas they would have gone on to win.

Excellent result though for the Skins, especially with having Thompson and Crowder missing.

You have to love Ryan Kerrigan don't you. Game changer.

Liquid Gold

Our drafting has been spot on. Run heavy teams in the division so we've picked up some beasts on the d line and we restricted Zeke to his second lowest yardage ever, that's how you beat the Cowboys. I wish we'd get another corner in and sort out our WR group though.

CCFC88

I'd have taken any W over Dallas after our record vs them with Cousins, were winning ugly and that's all that matters. Would have been happy, and expected, 1-1 through the last two so this is a great sign of intent, especially after what Dallas did to the Jags last week.

The defence played huge last night, keeping them to just 7 points for the first 3 quarters, they only started scoring when we stepped off tight coverage a bit and they started playing as though they were in 4th down territory. We stopped Zeke and forced Dak to throw/run, got them out of their comfort zone and if our offence could have been a bit more clinical we could have run away with it. When Dak has as many rushing yards as Zeke and your forcing Zeke into the end zone to try and make catches then you're onto a good thing vs Dallas.

Onto next week and we need more of the same, shut down Barkley, stick Norman and Swearinger on OBJ and they will struggle to score.

Redskins go 5-2 and City into the play offs with their 5th win on the bounce!

CCFC88

Our drafting has been spot on. Run heavy teams in the division so we've picked up some beasts on the d line and we restricted Zeke to his second lowest yardage ever, that's how you beat the Cowboys. I wish we'd get another corner in and sort out our WR group though.
There's talk of us trading Amari Cooper for a 3rd rounder.

Otis

Some disgruntlement amongst a fair number of Redskins fans in regard to Alex Smith.

Many saying we are winning in spite of him and not because of him.

Certainly not seen the best of him yet.

Liquid Gold

Some disgruntlement amongst a fair number of Redskins fans in regard to Alex Smith.

Many saying we are winning in spite of him and not because of him.

Certainly not seen the best of him yet.
I think it's Gruden. We didn't give him the chance to throw it downfield much at all yesterday, maybe thats to do with the injuries but not throwing once when all we needed was a first down was criminal. You're never going to get fireworks with Smith but he doesn't make the errors Cousins does and if we spend the next year or so developing our defence that looks great and drafting/signing some talent on the offence we'll be in a good position to draft a QB to learn under Smith just as the Chiefs did.

Otis

I think it's Gruden. We didn't give him the chance to throw it downfield much at all yesterday, maybe thats to do with the injuries but not throwing once when all we needed was a first down was criminal. You're never going to get fireworks with Smith but he doesn't make the errors Cousins does and if we spend the next year or so developing our defence that looks great and drafting/signing some talent on the offence we'll be in a good position to draft a QB to learn under Smith just as the Chiefs did.
I do like that Smith is more agile in the pocket.

Bad move last night though to not stay in bounds.

Liquid Gold

I do like that Smith is more agile in the pocket.

Bad move last night though to not stay in bounds.
That was infuriating. I was shouting at the tv, god know what the neighbours think goes on here on a Sunday night because 5 minutes later i was cheering.

ccfcrob

Did anyone se Doug Marrones press conference after the game regarding benching Bortles. He is not a happy bunny.

CCFC88

Still not sure on our offence, In every game that we have won we have gotten out to a 2 possession advantage and when your have a defence that is performing as well as ours is the second halves become more about game management.

Yes it'd be good to see Smith launching bombs and running up huge scores but you have to understand your strengths and weaknesses, currently our defence and our run game has been our main strength whilst we don't appear to have a true deep threat that Smith/Gruden trust. In my opinion we really miss DeSean Jackson.

When our defence does have an off day we are going to struggle to go toe to toe with the top offences in the league, fortunately our schedule is looking easier by the week, Im feeling more confident about games against the Jags and titans as I think we our defence can hold their offences, Falcons will be an interesting test as they have been in a few shootouts this season so the offencewill have to make some plays to outscore them.

ajsccfc

Fiver on Vikings, Pats, Lions, Rams and Chiefs last night, £40 back. Once the Detroit score came in I could go to bed knowing LA and Kansas wouldn't let me down, hiyooooo

Users who are viewing this thread