The official NFL Thread (4 Viewers)

Otis

I think Bortles is just an average QB.

A better quarterback there and Jacksonville are definitely Superbowl material.

Last edited:

tisza

Been saying that about Cousins for ages. Good that Vikings fans can see it too now.
don't think many were blown away by his signing - only slightly tempered by the size of Keenum's new contract.
Cousins can make throws last year's QBs couldn't but his pocket awareness is very poor by comparison - big negative with our O line. Needs to keep improving - doesn't feel like he is in command of the team yet like a top QB should be.
Also Vikings fans know it was defence actually winning a lot of games last year rather than the QBs - obviously not so much this year. Cousins probably does still have a bigger potential upside than last years QBs.

tisza

Agreed, would have taken a punt on Kaepernick myself tbh.
Jags pushed themselves into a corner by spending big on free agents and paying large amounts to defence. Haven't got much space to go big on a QB.
. Kaepernick was still looking for big money and a long deal up until recently.
Unlikely any Nfl side will take him atm while he is suing them all.

tisza

Cousins needs wingmirrors . loses the ball again from behind and coughs up another score.
Luckily we have best WRs in League atm as Thielen bails him out again. Amazing he came in as an undrafted rookie.
Looks like Vikings could have another one in RB Boone.

okay then he runs one in -didn't see that coming :)

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Absolutely buzzed about that Skins W. Stopping Carolina right at the end. I still don't know what these Redskins are but I'm happy tonight, perfect weekend.

Otis

Yeah, great, but tense. 17 nil lead and nearly blew it.

Don't know what happened with the Panthers on that last 4 plays. Bad play calling? Misunderstanding? Newton seemed to overthrow at least twice.

Liquid Gold

Two big games in the division next. It’s where we fell down last year. Beat them both and we sit at 5-2 looking at playoffs.

CCFC88

Yeah, great, but tense. 17 nil lead and nearly blew it.

Don't know what happened with the Panthers on that last 4 plays. Bad play calling? Misunderstanding? Newton seemed to overthrow at least twice.
If it had have been on Monday Night Football Cam would have marched them down the pitch to win that.

Otis

If it had have been on Monday Night Football Cam would have marched them down the pitch to win that.
Why do you say that? What difference would that have made? Has he got an excellent Monday night record or something?

CCFC88

Why do you say that? What difference would that have made? Has he got an excellent Monday night record or something?
Our Monday night record is rotten, 2-14 in our last 16 I think, everything just seems to go wrong for us on a Monday.

The one that really sticks in my mind was 2016 against the Panthers, we were 7-5-1 with 3 winnable games left, the first against a 5-8 Carolina. We were awful that night and it killed our post season hopes.

Otis

Our Monday night record is rotten, 2-14 in our last 16 I think, everything just seems to go wrong for us on a Monday.

The one that really sticks in my mind was 2016 against the Panthers, we were 7-5-1 with 3 winnable games left, the first against a 5-8 Carolina. We were awful that night and it killed our post season hopes.
Oh. US, not them!

Was trying to work out why the Panthers play better on a Monday.

Never considered you were talking about the Redskins.

And didn't realise our record was that bad either.

Otis

Indeed.

The NFL is a bit nutty this year though.

You foresee banker, nailed on wins and the form book goes out of the window.

And look at the Colts. Totally dominant against the Redskins and won with ease, but have a 1-5 record. Their only win being against us.

People were expecting the Jags to be better and Minnesota too, as well as the Falcons.

Very hard to predict this year.

ccfcrob

Indeed.

And look at the Colts. Totally dominant against the Redskins and won with ease, but have a 1-5 record. Their only win being against us.

People were expecting the Jags to be better and Minnesota too, as well as the Falcons.

Its very open, which is quite exciting. Really is anyones this year to get to the post season. Cheifs look really good, despite last nights result.

Liquid Gold

The rule changes have meant it’s a more attacking league so it’s no surprise that the teams with the most explosive players are doing well. A team like the Jags built on defence are at a disatvantage this time round.

tisza

The rule changes have meant it’s a more attacking league so it’s no surprise that the teams with the most explosive players are doing well. A team like the Jags built on defence are at a disatvantage this time round.
Certainly suiting Chiefs wildcat offense. Remind me a bit of Warners Rams a bit back. Gonna score more points than their opponents - no matter how many the defence gives up.

skybluebeast

Indeed.

Falcons have suffered way too many crucial injuries to challenge this year. It’s a shame really cause the years are running out for Matt Ryan and Julio.

CCFC88

Certainly suiting Chiefs wildcat offense. Remind me a bit of Warners Rams a bit back. Gonna score more points than their opponents - no matter how many the defence gives up.
The worrying thing is that their defence is loaded and will come good soon, Suh, Donal, Barron, Berry are all top class talent that would walk onto most defences in the league.

They are the team built to win now but we all know what an injury to a major player can do.

covcity4life

How the hell did GB’s defence let Beathard put 30 points against them.
Defence was poor but i thibk he may be 1 of the better quarterbacks we end up playong this season ironically

Got the W regardless. Blesses to be a GB fan dramatic wins like this seem to happen 2 or 3 times every season under Rodgers.

Greatest of all time. Brady could never win these games without his stacked patriots roster alongside him.

Liquid Gold

a-albie-01.jpg

tisza

go
The worrying thing is that their defence is loaded and will come good soon, Suh, Donal, Barron, Berry are all top class talent that would walk onto most defences in the league.

They are the team built to win now but we all know what an injury to a major player can do.
got 3 Rams and a Chief there :) Rams recruited well on free agency defence but have paid out big money
Chiefs worst ranked defence yards in NFL and giving up 29 ppg. So have to be aggressive offensively. Berry an obvious miss for them

Users who are viewing this thread