The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

The game is going far too soft you only have to go near the qb for a flag, the Bennet one was so soft far better if you could hit the quarterback

Otis

I thought the Redskins would have a losing season and maybe finish on 6-8, or 5-9.

I now think a 6-8 or 5-9 record will probably win the division.

Giants, Cowboys and Eagles all lost.

giphy.gif

CCFC88

I thought the Redskins would have a losing season and maybe finish on 6-8, or 5-9.

I now think a 6-8 or 5-9 record will probably win the division.

Giants, Cowboys and Eagles all lost.

giphy.gif
Out for revenge tonight after we somehow threw away a 15 point lead with 6 mins remaining in the same fixture last year. Peterson out to put one on his former employers. Very excited for tonight! (which normally means we'll be beaten convincingly).

We've had a decent pass defence this year though so if we can stop Kamara, and I think Ingram is due back, force Brees to take on Swearinger and co it could make for an exciting game against a Saints team that always give up points.

Liquid Gold

Very good weekend for the skins so far. As 88 (and keegan) says I’d love it if we beat them, especially after Cousins throwing the game away last year. Annoying having a week 4 bye and week 5 MNF meaning I can’t acually watch any of it live.

CCFC88

It wasn't the defence that was the Packers problem on Saturday, Rodgers' inability to complete drives and forcing Crosby into difficult FG try's. The extra point miss was on Crosby though.

Detroit went easy on them and stopped trying to score in the second half, just like the Redskins did a few weeks ago, taking pity on AR.

Terry Gibson's perm

Some of the older quarterbacks are nearing the end quickly even with the rules allowing less damage on them.

tisza

Cousins just managed to get us over the line but defensive absences nearly costly us. Desperately need Griffen back and the back-up corners just about managed to hang on. Still giving up more big plays on defence which we didn't last year particularly down the sidelines and QB sneaks.
Gotta love Joseph's TD - didn't think he was going to make it. Certainly sucking up the oxygen afterwards :)
Still going to struggle if O line doesn't improve and allow some sort of running game with or without Cook!
Chiefs remind me of Eagles last year - inventive offense which teams can't cope with.
These penalties for roughing the passer need automatic reviewing - far too many poor calls and inconsistencies.

Otis

Geez!!

Am watching the Redskins game 'live' on catch-up if that makes sense.

Not even at half time yet and the Skins are already 26-3 down.

Really annoying penalties (3 times they stopped the Saints on 3rd down only to give away stupid, stupid penalties, that resulted in a TD.

The two other observations are that we are not getting to Brees enough and not protecting Smith enough.

There also seems to be endless NO receivers in acres of space with no-one marking them.

Am expecting this to end up about 44-17 or suchlike.

Needs to be sea-change to get even close in this match-up. :(

Otis

The other annoying thing is Sky's coverage. No idea what went wrong.

I always record the Monday night game and usually have to wade through almost an hour of pre-match before the game even starts.

Tonight, pressed play on my recording and there were 10 mins left of the 1st quarter and the Skins were already 6-0 down. :(

They obviously got their timings completely wrong.

Otis

Well, at least Smith bagged a TD right at the end of the half there.

26-13.

Still expecting a big defeat here though. We HAVE to get to Brees!

Otis

Great! Start of the 3rd quarter. First drive from kick-off for NO, Brees throw, TD.

33-13 down. This is far too easy for Brees.

This carries on and they are going to go past 50 points with ease.

An ease for Brees. :(

Skins still have some major issues they need to address.

Otis

All over and luckily NO took their foot off the gas and rested Brees.

Smith's passing stats against the blitz last night were truly shocking.

Still think it's going to be a long tough season for us and that's taking nothing away from Drew Brees, who is obviously one of the best QB's ever.

The Skins still contributed to their own downfall.

Otis

Skins had just 39 yards rushing in total, Thompson top of the pile with 17 yards. Peterson had just 6.

tisza

Skins had just 39 yards rushing in total, Thompson top of the pile with 17 yards. Peterson had just 6.
Peterson dislocated shoulder.
Skins still same problem as last season poor offensive line - same as vikings. Can't run the ball behind a poor line.
Aggressive defensive players being drafted much higher now as teams capitalising on the switch in top college sides to producing these players.

Otis

Ha! Just read two articles. One saying this could be the end of his season and the other, Peterson saying he doesn't think he will miss any game time at all!

Liquid Gold

could not stop breed at all. NO have a poor defence so their 'tactic' this season is to just put as many points on as possible and we couldn't compete in the shootout

CCFC88

Great! Start of the 3rd quarter. First drive from kick-off for NO, Brees throw, TD.

33-13 down. This is far too easy for Brees.

This carries on and they are going to go past 50 points with ease.

An ease for Brees. :(

Skins still have some major issues they need to address.
Went to sleep after this. Those first half penalties cost us and at least two of them were plain stupidity.

Felt like we were chasing the game from the moment they got the personal foul penalty on their RB (Ingram I think) after we'd stopped them on 3rd down.

NO/Brees very rarely get held to under 30, if you can do that you have a chance but your defence has to play lights out. If you cant your offence has to play lights out and go toe to toe with them, last night we did neither.

They're a good team and we would have always expected a defeat here, but it was the manner of the defeat that was worrying.

I said I'd have taken 2-2 after 4 games, expected to lose to the Packers and beat the Colts, but we got their one way or another. We still don't know who the Redskins are but fortunately the rest of the division is just as bad. Feel more confident about divisional games now after seeing the performances of other teams.

Can see us competing in our next 6 games, hopefully we can finally get one over on Cam & the Falcons look a shadow of themselves, good opportunity to go 4-2 through the next 6.

ccfcrob

It wasn't the defence that was the Packers problem on Saturday, Rodgers' inability to complete drives and forcing Crosby into difficult FG try's. The extra point miss was on Crosby though.

Detroit went easy on them and stopped trying to score in the second half, just like the Redskins did a few weeks ago, taking pity on AR.
TBF to him (I hate the packers btw) he still completed 60% for over 400 yards, cant solely stick the blame on Rodgers.

tisza

TBF to him (I hate the packers btw) he still completed 60% for over 400 yards, cant solely stick the blame on Rodgers.
Think a lot of those yards were in own half. Not in the scoring areas.
Cousins puts up decent yardage but most of them outside pt scoring areas.
Most sides will take a QB throwing big yards against them if it's only resulting in FG attempts. Vikings gave Eagles about 80 yards in short passes on their last drive just to run down the clock.

Liquid Gold

Think a lot of those yards were in own half. Not in the scoring areas.
Cousins puts up decent yardage but most of them outside pt scoring areas.
Most sides will take a QB throwing big yards against them if it's only resulting in FG attempts. Vikings gave Eagles about 80 yards in short passes on their last drive just to run down the clock.
Been saying that about Cousins for ages. Good that Vikings fans can see it too now.

CCFC88

Most were in the second half when they were chasing and Detroit were playing soft D. He fumbled twice, once on his own 23 and again on his own 29 I believe, leading to points for Detroit.
Doesn't deserve the sole blame but definitely the majority. He's not setting a great tone for the team in general this year, questioned the play calling of McCarthy last week, putting his team in a hole this week. NFC North is anyones but he needs to sort himself out if they are to stand a chance. I hope he does because its a shame to see someone like him struggling with a worse QBR than the likes of Blake Bortles. He was favourite for the MVP at the start of the season but appears to be slipping into mediocrity once again.

ccfcrob

Most were in the second half when they were chasing and Detroit were playing soft D. He fumbled twice, once on his own 23 and again on his own 29 I believe, leading to points for Detroit.
Doesn't deserve the sole blame but definitely the majority. He's not setting a great tone for the team in general this year, questioned the play calling of McCarthy last week, putting his team in a hole this week. NFC North is anyones but he needs to sort himself out if they are to stand a chance. I hope he does because its a shame to see someone like him struggling with a worse QBR than the likes of Blake Bortles. He was favourite for the MVP at the start of the season but appears to be slipping into mediocrity once again.
Blake was OK again on Sunday and slightly unlucky but making to many mistakes for a 5th year QB. I like him an works well with our O-Line. Still think we should have got Eli in the summer as rumoured

Liquid Gold

Blake was OK again on Sunday and slightly unlucky but making to many mistakes for a 5th year QB. I like him an works well with our O-Line. Still think we should have got Eli in the summer as rumoured
Honestly, and I feel dirty saying this, I think Eli would be a step back from Bortles.

CCFC88

Bortles has shown he can make the throws, he had the Patriots D going round in circles. When he's in the groove and plays up tempo I like him, he worries me when its a tight game and he has to think about what he is doing.

Fournette is a huge miss to the offence, think that is something you will have to get used to as he was injured a lot in college aswell.

I was surprised you didn't take someone like Lamar Jackson in the draft. But yea, the Coughlin/Manning partnership may have worked again.

ccfcrob

Bortles has shown he can make the throws, he had the Patriots D going round in circles. When he's in the groove and plays up tempo I like him, he worries me when its a tight game and he has to think about what he is doing.

Fournette is a huge miss to the offence, think that is something you will have to get used to as he was injured a lot in college aswell.

I was surprised you didn't take someone like Lamar Jackson in the draft. But yea, the Coughlin/Manning partnership may have worked again.
Eli may be over the hill with his best years behind him, end of the day i like Blake, his feet get him us out of trouble alot. We will do well with again this year i feel/hope. TJ Yeldon has done a decent job at RB in Fournettes absense. Other players like O'Shaugnessey have had to step up and so far I have been impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread