The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

tisza

Vikings shooting themselves in the foot 2nd & 3rd quarters. Keenum struggling with the hurry-up then finally coming to terms with it. Defence keeping us in it. Sendejo comes up big as i'm typing!!!!!!!!

tisza

then we blow it again with another long run allowed. Supposed to be one of the best run defences and 1st time this season we've had 100yd game on us. 2 big runs allowed have cost us 14 pts and the game

Otis

Keenum not looking the same player today. Harried and hurried.
Siemian looks a different QB tonight too for Denver, albeit in a more positive light.

Otis

Washington started off terribly. 10 nil down already and now Cousins has just thrown an interception. :(

Otis

That was a poor throw.

Redskins now 13-0 down and it's only the 1st quarter. Just one first down so far for us and no running game again.

Still early though.

Otis

I don't know what the American terminology for 'shed load' is, but I think the Chargers on course for that amount of points today.

Liquid Gold

I don't know what the American terminology for 'shed load' is, but I think the Chargers on course for that amount of points today.
I'd imagine it's something like 'butt full'

They're cutting through us at will, this could be a basketball score for them.

Otis

Now 3 scores down. We need to do something about that before half time or it could be game over.

Otis

Dodged a bullet there. Could have been further behind. 8 secs left of the first half, hand off to a rookie and he gets really close to the endzone, but should have taken a knee , or gone out of bounds and didn't. Time runs out with the Chargers on our 3 yard line.

Half time. Phew!!

Liquid Gold

Dodged a bullet there. Could have been further behind. 8 secs left of the first half, hand off to a rookie and he gets really close to the endzone, but should have taken a knee , or gone out of bounds and didn't. Time runs out with the Chargers on our 3 yard line.

Half time. Phew!!
But we started the 2 minute waring with the ball!

Nothing has gone well for us today.

Otis

Wow! That was embarrassingly one sided.

Total yards:

Skins 201
Chargers 488

First downs

Skins 9
Chargers 24

Rushing

Skins 65
Chargers 174

Passing

Skins 136
Chargers 314

Redskins top receiver for the day had 34 yards.

We did win the coin toss though.

Otis

That's the first time they have totalled less than 214 yards in a game since 1978!!

times this season Washington have allowed 30 points against them. Only happened 3 times in their entire history.

Another embarrassing stat is that at one point we punted an incredible 7 times in a row without even getting out of our own half.

Only Cov cheered me up this weekend and I am not particularly a fan of rugby. City and the Redskins both let me down very badly.

tisza

Keenum not looking the same player today. Harried and hurried.
Siemian looks a different QB tonight too for Denver, albeit in a more positive light.
2 key linemen out - cover not good enough.
just a poor day from the defence against the run.
yet still in it until the end in a road game against an improving Panthers.
Bridgewater to start against the Bears last game then we'll see what happens in the play-offs at QB

Otis

2 key linemen out - cover not good enough.
just a poor day from the defence against the run.
yet still in it until the end in a road game against an improving Panthers.
Bridgewater to start against the Bears last game then we'll see what happens in the play-offs at QB
So, next season, who? Three rated QB's now.

Which one will you let us have? I would be quite happy with Sam Bradford.

Otis

Wentz out for the season. Thats got to be if for Philly hasn't it.
Yup.

Don't want to come down on them too heavy, but I think Wendtz must really be O'Wendtz, as he has the luck of the Irish. I watch him play and he has so many near misses with blocks and sacks and interceptions.

Be interesting to see how good he is next year.

Without him, although Foles isn't a bad QB, it's going to be tough.

Last edited:

covcity4life

shame about wentz, philly were 1 of my picks for superbowl along with new orleans(not picking obvious ones like pats)

as for gb our very own injurued qb MAY be back this week which would be huge as we need to run the table and hope seattle,panthers,falcons lose a few. it is possible but i think cam newton may beat us this weekend

still well done to hundley for keeping the season alive by going 3-4

ajsccfc

I've said it too often recently, but I'll say it again: Fucking Blair Walsh. I saw Jags play 49ers at Wembley only a few years ago when they were on a Cleveland level and San Francisco were NFC contenders, it's mad how fortunes can turn around so quickly in the NFL, keeps it interesting too.

Home game vs the Rams next week, proper crunch tie, almost a straight shootout for a playoff spot as I think the wildcard may go to another division
K5qN4Rk.png

Otis

And what about the Dolphins last night!! They made NE look very, very average.

The Patriots couldn't get a running game going, couldn't get passes completed and failed on every 3rd down attempt. 0 for 11. First time since 1991.

Dolphins defence was magnificent and Cutler had his best game for an age.

You have to scratch your head and wonder why they can't play like that every week.

CCFC88

Bradys lacklustre performance last night and Wentz going down for the year certainly blows the MVP conversation wide open.

Could Antonio Brown be the first WR to claim the award?

covcity4life

I've said it too often recently, but I'll say it again: Fucking Blair Walsh. I saw Jags play 49ers at Wembley only a few years ago when they were on a Cleveland level and San Francisco were NFC contenders, it's mad how fortunes can turn around so quickly in the NFL, keeps it interesting too.

Home game vs the Rams next week, proper crunch tie, almost a straight shootout for a playoff spot as I think the wildcard may go to another division
K5qN4Rk.png
as a packers fan i will root for the rams!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
And what about the Dolphins last night!! They made NE look very, very average.

The Patriots couldn't get a running game going, couldn't get passes completed and failed on every 3rd down attempt. 0 for 11. First time since 1991.

Dolphins defence was magnificent and Cutler had his best game for an age.

You have to scratch your head and wonder why they can't play like that every week.

its a pity my dolphins cant play like that every game, cutler most took some drugs way he played compare what he is usually like, pats pocket couldnt hold and suh pressured brady very well. weve got bills next then chiefs and bills again im praying we pull off a miracle but its the dolphins you never know!

Liquid Gold

MVP candidate?
I hope Antonio Brown gets it, they never give it to a wide out and he's been unbelievable this season.

Superbowl winner?
Whoever wins the AFC, I'd like to say Steelers but the never beat the Pats, massive game this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread