The Next Leicester City ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I keep hearing that this Leicester title win won't happen again. But which club could prove this to be wrong ? Maybe West Ham or Southampton ?

Gazolba

As their manager says, it wont happen again for another 20 years, if then.

The Great Eastern

Wouldn't say West Ham are an unlikely title winner given the financial situation they've been gifted by the London authorities.

Covstu

This wont happen for a long long time, Liverpool a few seasons ago was going to be a surprise but as the money increases any club can pull together a team capable of doing well. Buying foreign imports constantly doesn't guarantee success, you need players who can fit the work ethic of the English season and volume of games. I think Pep will struggle to get to grips with this next year.

bringbackrattles

Behind his happy go lucky manner I hear is a hard man who won't stand for second best, so I'd take his won't win it again with a pinch of salt.If they keep the squad together and add to it I reckon they will be some force.

Terry Gibson's perm

Behind his happy go lucky manner I hear is a hard man who won't stand for second best, so I'd take his won't win it again with a pinch of salt.If they keep the squad together and add to it I reckon they will be some force.

They may struggle to keep the squad together and also if they do most aren't likely to perform to the same level again.

bringbackrattles

I fancy them to do well again but to win back to back titles will be tough. Love to see an outsider to do it though, but alas the 'big teams " will come back strong I guess.

Terry Gibson's perm

I fancy them to do well again but to win back to back titles will be tough. Love to see an outsider to do it though, but alas the 'big teams " will come back strong I guess.

They have done well but had a lot of luck with injuries and games played will go up massively

I think the title next year will between Man City and probably Chelsea as they will spend and Chelsea have no champions league to worry about

bringbackrattles

That's why Premier was exciting this season I reckon as an underdog won it as its boring knowing that the usual suspects will win. A mate of mine is a Burnley fan and I told him to bet on them to do a Leicester next season, what's the odds on that ?

chiefdave

It'll be a lot harder to retain than it was to win in the first place. They've got to try and hold onto their players and will also have a lot of extra games. And of course as champions they will be the team everyone wants to beat.

They could easily end up more like Blackburn than Man City.

Covstu

That's why Premier was exciting this season I reckon as an underdog won it as its boring knowing that the usual suspects will win. A mate of mine is a Burnley fan and I told him to bet on them to do a Leicester next season, what's the odds on that ?
2000/1 apparently

bringbackrattles

At those odds I will have a flutter myself, as that's lower than what the bookies gave for Leicester and look what happened there !

Terry Gibson's perm

I will have a look at the summer business, but I think Chelsea will win it as like Leicester they will not have to play many games.

CCFC88

Champs League to hurt Leicester this season, that and being "the team" to beat as champions. Been very lucky with injuries and suspensions this year, the extra games and travel the CL will bring will hurt them.

Expect Spurs to be just as strong next year, they have 2 players in every position and will more likely add to that, in Pochetino I think they have the best young manager around.

I think Arsenal will struggle to make top 4, United Liverpool Chelsea should all improve.

Terry Gibson's perm

Champs League to hurt Leicester this season, that and being "the team" to beat as champions. Been very lucky with injuries and suspensions this year, the extra games and travel the CL will bring will hurt them.

Expect Spurs to be just as strong next year, they have 2 players in every position and will more likely add to that, in Pochetino I think they have the best young manager around.

I think Arsenal will struggle to make top 4, United Liverpool Chelsea should all improve.

dont forget Man City

bringbackrattles

I heard on the radio the other day that the Championship is now rated the toughest and most exciting division in our country. I enjoyed our time in it and would agree with that assumption. The Premier may now go back to mediocrity and be predictable again, at least Leicester changed that this season !

chiefdave

West Ham for me

As horrible as it would be Villa should really be up there as one of the big teams. If you were looking to buy a club they would be towards the top of your list. Similar size city to Manchester so should really be able to support a top team. Grounds recently been done up and there is park land next to it so expansion wouldn't be impossible.

Lets hope no billionaire notices and takes them over. Would be a nightmare if Leicester and Villa were both successful!

Terry Gibson's perm

As horrible as it would be Villa should really be up there as one of the big teams. If you were looking to buy a club they would be towards the top of your list. Similar size city to Manchester so should really be able to support a top team. Grounds recently been done up and there is park land next to it so expansion wouldn't be impossible.

Lets hope no billionaire notices and takes them over. Would be a nightmare if Leicester and Villa were both successful!

I would almost prefer Villa to West Ham i couldn't cope with all that West Ham way crap, Villa are a sleeping giant and i can't believe nobody has bought them yet so much potential and their training ground is meant to be excellent as well.

Sick Boy

You old be right there, he refused to say they were going for the title right until the end. Fair play to him.

Ian1779

People have been writing off Arsenal for top 4 for the last 5 years... they've not finished outside the Top 4 for the whole of Wenger's tenure. Despite the 'Klopp' factor Liverpool are nowhere near good enough to break through unless they pretty much get rid of their entire squad.

Terry Gibson's perm

If Liverpool beat Seville which will be tough they will be in the champions league and he can attract better players, it will be a good battle for the top four next year , without seeing who is doing what business I think

Chelsea
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal

Users who are viewing this thread