The new Manager cannot be made on emotion and who's liked... (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

... the next appointment has to be somebody with fresh ideas and wont be afraid to make tough decisions. It can't be made my the 'He's a nice bloke' decsion or is saying the right things to get the job.

We have heard about Dowie talking his way into the job with copy cat presentations, Coleman not really taking the job seriously, we have had Boothyoyd will failed with his man management style and we have just let Thorn go who didn't have the football knowledge to make things happen on the pitch and change a game when need be, but we have to have a Manager that will be astute in games to 'make it happen' and be a man motivator. Somebody will make the supporters take notice and bring back the missing thousands, those people who have had the fill of players and past Managers not having respect for Coventry City and saying the right things just to keep there huge salarys going that bit longer.

I've had enough of players and Managers not given this club everything they have to make it work. The supporters deserve better- lets hope a new dawn is beginning.

Mr Fisher- take your time and make the RIGHT decision and get somebody who will bring a winning mentality that has been missing for the last ten years. No more wasters and money takers giving nothing in return and being rewarded.

I'm sick of reward for failure. (David Bell I hope your reading as your the player version of A.V.B.).

skybluegod

Didn't we already know all this? who do you think fits the bill if this is the manager you want realistically? (serious question not sarcasm)

CCFC123

I remember somebody posting on here a short time ago about the responses he received. I have to agree there is a few on here that become a touch aggressive in there tone. What a shame as it's a good board ruined by a small few. A few and only a few get stuck into each other when they dont have the knowledge for a constructive response. Perhaps that's young kids on here who are going through puberty?:eek:

However, you asked a question and if I'm honest I want a up and coming Manager who has done his time in the lower leagues and wants to gain a reputation for himself. Possibly an assistant Manager but I would prefer a Manager who has had the responsibility to make changes and id hungry. Richard Shaw perhaps but he needs to do well in the next 3-4 games to be in contention.

Bugsy

if shaw doesnt become manager, i would like him and lee carsley to stay on, on the coaching side of things cause they could be a great asset and they seem to get the lads up 4 it as it showed last night :pimp:

1nilandwe...

I agree that the decision must not be rushed, and 'likeability' shouldn't really come into it, but if Shaw does okay and is 'liked' then it's very difficult to go against the fans and choose an outsider, even if Fisher et al think the complete opposite. As much as I think Shaw should be given a couple of games, it's a dangerous route to go down, as we can testify to.

We all want somebody who's going to take the club forward in the long term and produce promotion and stability etc., but it's a very difficult thing to do. Boothroyd was doing great for a decent period of time, before we lost a few games. Ditto Dowie. Ditto Coleman. Difficult to predict from a job interview/previous experience that a manager is going to lose the respect of the players 12 months down the line, or struggle for whatever reason.

We shouldn't be expecting the Messiah. He doesn't exist. We'll get a competent football manager. Whether he performs well with us is anyone's guess. The history of football is littered with surprise packages and big money failures and predicting them is nigh on impossible.

@richh87

Shaw and Carsley really should stay on - but NO to Shaw getting the job. Don't sack someone lacking the experience to out-wit other Managers tactically; and then replace him with another one. :facepalm:

Yorkshire SB

I understand what you're saying, Thorn seems like a nice bloke, but ultimately he failed. However I'm going to disagree and say football managers HAVE to be likeable (or not likeable as such but likeable to media), otherwise they won't get along with the players and coaching staff, nor will they be supported in the media, which is such a huge part of football today. I think we need someone who has a very good background in the game, as well as being calm and intelligent.
Managers in the mould of Lambert, O'Neill, Wenger, Martinez, Moyes. All comes across in a very intelligent manner.
That or we need a complete maverick, Mourinho or more realistically a Di Canio style manager. What they possess is controlled madness, the media loves it, the fans love it. They build an 'us against everyone else' mentality in their sides and this gets results.

Yorkshire SB

I'd add Warnock to the 'us against them' school of management. He possibly gone too far though, joined Leeds, signed Diouf, along with Michael Brown and himself it could all be too much!

Astute

Just sat here and read all this.

Maybe better stop drinking tonight as I don't have a clue of what I have just read.

Disorganised1

Carry on drinking Astute - you'll feel better for it, and the forum won't make any less sense.

CCFC123

I'd add Warnock to the 'us against them' school of management. He possibly gone too far though, joined Leeds, signed Diouf, along with Michael Brown and himself it could all be too much!

I actually like Warnock and believe it or not would like a Manager in the mold of Warnock at CCFC. Possibly not looking for a row all the time but gets results where he manages.

Dennis Wise anyone?

spit

People keep going on about Wise, and I must admit to thinking he'd be a good choice... but then someone told me how he'd only turn up at Millwall on Fridays & Saturdays (and obviously any other match day) and basically left Ray Wilkins to it the rest of the time. I'm not sure I'd want another part-timer like Monkeyheed was. We don't need someone who is just going to be a figurehead.

I think Sideshow Bob has potential as a manager - but not yet. However, I wouldn't be surprised or too disappointed if he did get the gig.

cloughie

People keep going on about Wise, and I must admit to thinking he'd be a good choice... but then someone told me how he'd only turn up at Millwall on Fridays & Saturdays (and obviously any other match day) and basically left Ray Wilkins to it the rest of the time. I'm not sure I'd want another part-timer like Monkeyheed was. We don't need someone who is just going to be a figurehead.

I think Sideshow Bob has potential as a manager - but not yet. However, I wouldn't be surprised or too disappointed if he did get the gig.

lots of people tell us 'facts' on here. but that doesn't mean that its true

Sick Boy

People keep going on about Wise, and I must admit to thinking he'd be a good choice... but then someone told me how he'd only turn up at Millwall on Fridays & Saturdays (and obviously any other match day) and basically left Ray Wilkins to it the rest of the time.

He took over at The Den 3 years before he came to us(as player manager), he didn't look like the sort of player who didn't bother training.

Users who are viewing this thread