The most deluded fans? (1 Viewer)

kg82

A debate on who people on here think are the most deluded fans of a club (other than our own)! I'll start:

My vote goes to Arsenal. I, unfortunately, have a fair few mates who are Gooners and every year I hear the same thing - they're going to win the league! Now, this year I thought it might be different, just lost their best player to a main rival, haven't won a trophy in 7 years, finished nearly 20 points behind the front 2 last season to name but a few points. They have brought players in, that's fair enough. But all those players aren't used to playing in England, it could take a while for them to adapt. Yet they have said again Arsenal will win the league. I haven't stopped at that this season though, I've asked them to put their money where there mouth is - £100 on Arsenal winning the Premiership. Have any of them taken it yet?! Have they f*$k!!

CovKingChris

Facebook User
There's also huge controversy on Twitter about Cesc wishing RVP good luck on his move.

They seem to think it is disgraceful that he has wished his friend good luck and are sending him loads of hate.

SkyBlueScottie

Most deluded fans, Geordies, and their special relationship with the game of football and the fact they swear blind they have always had eleventy billion season ticket holders attend each game.

Changeyourface

Has to be Villa. Still content to languish in the Prem doing fuck all but looking at their "history" and reminding everyone that they're still a massive club. Ironically they haven't won a major trophy since 1982.

Sky Blue Sheepy

After reading the orignal posters comment I think it must go to Arsenal, followed closely by Liverpool. I can't add anything to Arsenal the original poster didn't say, but Liverpool are even further behind Arsenal in terms of quality - having no-one you would look at and think he could turn a match by himself (which I reckon the other top 5 clubs, including Arsenal, do).
Yet there are some that think scraping the Carling Cup game vs Championship Cardiff and being in the FA Cup final make them contenders for the Champions League again.
Honourable mention to Pompey who still believed they were entitled to players despite being £100m+ in debt and no way of repaying.

ajsccfc

Liverpool by a million miles. RAWK is just hard to comprehend when you realise it's not an elaborate spoof, they ban people for the tiniest criticism of their club for a start. Imagine if that was done here, nobody would pass 5 posts.

kg82

I knew there'd be a few Liverpool one's - but out of my Liverpool mates and Arsenal mates, the Arsenal one's are HANDS DOWN more cuckoo!! Of course, that's not looking at the wider picture!

Update: None of my Arsenal mates have taken this bet still, having all said they're certainties for the league! I'd really like this £100 too!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Have you offered them competitve odds....say 16/1? If not, why would they bet with you whne they could get 15 times the return down the bookies?

AngryAnt

Liverpool and Newcastle, both for being "amazing".. FA, Media and so on all believe that they 'deserve so much more', sorry but you get what you deserve hence why we are now in L1.

Also Pompy, not their fans though just everything/one around the club, the arrogance knows no bounds.

LastGarrison

Liverpool fans by a country mile.

Last season with them going on how Carroll was going to be the best number in the Premier League was a joy to watch as the season unfolded.

And that's without even mentioning Downing, Henderson and Aquilani.

Macca

Villa, Newcastle and a good percentage of every single clubs fans. Let's face it most football fans swallow the same spin and promises from their clubs

Users who are viewing this thread