The more seasons that pass the more i miss Highfield Rd (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

When i drive around the ring road or down the Binley Rd i look accross and hope it has grown back, or the Ricoh was all bad dream.
I miss that place, close to the pitch, different stands and a great day out, you could decide at 2.45 whether to go to the game or not.
One day i can see us moving back nearer the city centre with a unique stadium hopefully in the Stoke Hillfields area

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

When i drive around the ring road or down the Binley Rd i look accross and hope it has grown back, or the Ricoh was all bad dream.
I miss that place, close to the pitch, different stands and a great day out, you could decide at 2.45 whether to go to the game or not.
One day i can see us moving back nearer the city centre with a unique stadium hopefully in the Stoke Hillfields area

Dont drive on the ring or Binley roads again ever again it will eventually destroy you when you realize its not a bad dream but a living nightmare

Its a killer... I used to live Mowbray Street, literally the away team car park backed onto my garden. could decide at 2:55 I wanted to go the game, and still catch kickoff. West Terrace all the way! So miss it, but gotta try and move on and hope we get some good memories going at the Ricoh....

barnsleyskyblue

when i come back to cov and drive past i look up the street, don't know what i expect to see but i loved highfield road. my dad would buy me a bag of chips on our walk from the city centre. happy days

Gynnsthetonic

Can`t bare to look at them Deano it hurts.
By the way have you got any clips of the Leicester game i think 1984 we won 2-0 Bob Latchford scored. It was when the game got delayed because of crowd violence and i remember Bobby Gould on the pitch with a microphone that made him sound like Norman Collier

Mr T - Sukka!

I dont miss HR at all it was a dump. The Ricoh is 1million times better. Its a class stadium and stands up to anything in the midlands stadium wise.

Now what i do miss is a decent team.

We have never had one at the ricoh.

The buzz we can have at the ricoh can top hr anyday!

The jpt match vs preston.

Imagine we beat crewe at home in the jpt. 30k cov fans going crazy? We could not have had that at HR.

ryb1983ccfc

<p>&lt;p&gt;
I dont miss HR at all it was a dump. The Ricoh is 1million times better. Its a class stadium and stands up to anything in the midlands stadium wise.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;Now what i do miss is a decent team.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;We have never had one at the ricoh.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;The buzz we can have at the ricoh can top hr anyday! &lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;The jpt match vs preston.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;Imagine we beat crewe at home in the jpt. 30k cov fans going crazy? We could not have had that at HR.
&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>well said sukka!</p>

Gray

I dont miss HR at all it was a dump. The Ricoh is 1million times better. Its a class stadium and stands up to anything in the midlands stadium wise.

Now what i do miss is a decent team.

We have never had one at the ricoh.

The buzz we can have at the ricoh can top hr anyday!

The jpt match vs preston.

Imagine we beat crewe at home in the jpt. 30k cov fans going crazy? We could not have had that at HR.

I agree people look at Highfield rd through sky blue tinted glasses. i much prefer the Ricoh

Get ready for the backlash though

bigfatronssba

Apart from the final game, does anyone have any of these 'magical Highfield Rd' memories post 2001?

Is it not the case that the memories are better at HR because we were actually at a decent level back then and the ground had nothing to do with it?

I miss Highfield Rd as well, much in the same way that I will always regard my first car as my best, doesn't mean I would want to go back to it though.

Gray

Apart from the final game, does anyone have any of these 'magical Highfield Rd' memories post 2001?

Is it not the case that the memories are better at HR because we were actually at a decent level back then and the ground had nothing to do with it?

I miss Highfield Rd as well, much in the same way that I will always regard my first car as my best, doesn't mean I would want to go back to it though.

Coventry 5 -1 Liverpool 1992 was a pretty magical day....There are some great memories from Highfield road don't get me wrong. But Ricoh is one of the best stadiums in the country and we should embrace that

Brighton Sky Blue

There were a few stand out games for sure but nothing mind blowing. Specifically:

4-3 v Man C (01/02), 1-0 v WBA (03/04), 3-2 v West Ham (04/05, may have been 2-1), and the 2-1 v Palace (03/04). For the most part the experience was just the same as the Ricoh because the quality on the pitch has consistently been poor.

bigfatronssba

If you look back at all games from Premeirship relegation to the present day, personally I think the Ricoh has staged more 'big' games for us than HR.

SBS

I don't think I'd miss HR if they'd organised the move better. They should have moved everyone from the terrace into the stand the away fans now have and put the away fans by the scoreboard. Moved it block by block, kept the same people next to the same people.

Gray

I don't think I'd miss HR if they'd organised the move better. They should have moved everyone from the terrace into the stand the away fans now have and put the away fans by the scoreboard. Moved it block by block, kept the same people next to the same people.

I agree that the home fans should get where the away fans are. I spend half the season getting blinded by the sun for half the match

Users who are viewing this thread