The Media (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

What do we really think about our press and TV pundits

Otis

Without swearing? :thinking about:

Put it this way, I stopped reading the daily papers many, many years ago. Try to take everything with a pinch of salt to be honest. Some of the stories the likes of Daybreak cover just beggar belief.

C

Clive Plattini

The red tops are a disgrace. Quick example, Frank Lampard. The minute he is dropped they write him off. BUT when he comes back and scores a penalty, they say you can't write him off. They make the stories themselves. I though their treatment of Capello was awful.

Otis

Agree.

And the John Terry thing now has got to the stage whereby it is irrelevant whether he is guilty or not. Even if he is found innocent they will simply go out and dig up some other dirt on him.

rob9872

The media are able to write and broadcast such fabrication, lies, mis-truths and celebrity bile and are afforded the platform to distribute them, largely because 90% (and I'm being kind) of the general public are morons. Therefore supply and demand dictates that we get the press that we deserve.

Otis

Fair point.

What the fook is this obsession with celebrity? I don't give a flying fig if Hugh Grant has been with a prostitute or whether Ryan Giggs has been up to no good or not. How does this affect me on any level? I don't give two hoots.

Hate the paperazzi with a passion, but why on earth do people want to see shots from 500 yards away of someone's cellulite on some beach in the Dominican Republic.

Users who are viewing this thread