The Man in the High Castle (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Is anybody watching this? Keep seeing the adverts and it looks good!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm just downloading the first series (as I type). I saw a trailer of it earlier and it looks pretty good!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It's like the 'do you wank?' scenario for teenagers isn't it? Everyone acquires entertainment via not-strictly-legal channels, but it's best not to let everyone know.

Pass me the box of tissues! :claping hands:

J

Jack Griffin

In the spirit of the Man in the High Castle, which I read this week (not I believe entirely like the TV series but a damn good read) I pose question and run I Ching.

Question
Will SISU/OTIUM or their backers build a stadium in Coventry or even within 8 miles of Coventry City centre.

Cast Hexagram:

49 - Forty-Nine
Ko / Revolution

Fire ignites within the Lake, defying conditions that would deny it birth or survival:
The Superior Person reads the Signs of the Times and makes the Season apparent to all.

The support you need will come only after the deed is done.
Renewed forces, however, will provide fresh energy for exceptional progress.
Persevere.
All differences vanish.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:
A revolutionary Change must be made forcibly.
There is no negotiating with the Established Order.
Perfect timing is essential.
Let the abuse of power become apparent and oppressive to those around you before making your move.
Lay the groundwork, sow the seeds for Revolution without tipping your hand prematurely.
You will need a strong foundation, because you will have to bring about this necessary change alone.
You cannot count on popular support, so you must wait until there is massive dissent.
Then the avenue for your assault will be cleared.

Changing Lines:

There is One Changing Line.

Hexagram Forty-Nine/Line Three:

Premature action would prove disastrous.
Let the talk of revolution ferment among the people.

When the rumors have reached your ear three times, that is your signal to strike.

Transformed Hexagram:

17 - Seventeen
Sui / Following

Thunder beneath the Lake's surface.
The Superior Person allows himself plenty of sheltered rest and recuperation while awaiting a clear sign to follow.

Supreme success.
No mistakes if you keep to your course.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:
Thunder from the Lake -- the lulling, rhythmic roar of the faithful tide, eternally wearing away the stone of the shoreline, forever obedient to the phases of the moon.
The pull of the moon on the tide is the Following called for now.
As mighty as the tide is in its own right, it is ever the puppet of the invisible, irresistible gravity of the moon.
What cyclical forces pull you along?
Are you futilely attempting to resist a natural attraction?

Upper Trigram:

Tui / Lake
Image: Lake, Marsh.
Qualities: Satisfied, Fulfilled, Excessive, Open, Pleasing, Joyous, Magical, Elfin, Mischievous.
Direction: West.
Family Member: Youngest Daughter.
Body Part: Mouth.
Season; Late Autumn.
Time of Day: Dusk.
Animal: Sheep.
Color: Blue.
Element: Flesh.
Miscellaneous: Sorceress, Tongue, Smashing, Breaking Apart, Dropping Off, Bursting Open, Hard Salty Soil, Concubine, Ripe Fruit, Goat, Gypsy.

Lower Trigram:

Li / Fire
Image: Fire, Sun, Lightning.
Qualities: Clear, Conscious, Intelligent, Dependent, Clinging, Illuminating, Warming, Searing.
Direction: South.
Family Member: Middle Daughter.
Body Part: Eye.
Season: Midsummer.
Time of Day: Noon.
Animal: Pheasant.
Color: Yellow.
Element: Fire.
Miscellaneous: Clarity, Coat of Mail, Helmet, Armor, Lance, Weapons, Big-bellied, Dryness, Tortoise, Crab, Snail, Mussel, Shell-bearing, Creatures, Tree Dead at the Top, Firm Without, Hollow Within.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jack Griffin

A 2nd question

What would be the consequences of Coventry City FC abandoning the Ricoh stadium for a smaller venue in Coventry.

Cast Hexagram:

60 - Sixty
Chieh / Limitations

Waters difficult to keep within the Lake's banks:
The Superior Person examines the nature of virtue and makes himself a standard that can be followed.

Self-discipline brings success; but restraints too binding bring self-defeat.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:
Cultivating the proper disciplines and the proper degree of discipline are the concerns of this hexagram.
By limiting options, you may give more attention to priorities.
One who is all over the map is no less lost than one without a map.
Avoid asceticism, however.
Deprivation is not wise discipline.
The key here is regulation, not restriction.

vow

Not watched it myself, but the wife says it's an excellent show. A 3rd series has been agreed too.

Last edited:

torchomatic

I started watching it a year ago but stopped for some reason. Since Ive been back in this time I've found that Prime Video app works on the hospital Wifi. Finished S1 last night and just finiahed episode 1 of S2 about ten mins ago.

I am finally going home tomorrow sometime so will try and finish the other 9 episodes over the course of today and tomorrow before i get out.

Great series. Read the book years ago.

covcity4life

given up on it after 3 episodes of season 2. its jut not gripping enough

i have ocd though so may still go back and finish the season

Captain Dart

Not watched it myself, but the wife says it's an excellent show. A 3rd series has been agreed too.
The book was only about 200 pages!

Users who are viewing this thread