The last captain... (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

It occurs to me, its been a while since we've had a captain last for longer than a season. Scott Dann was snapped up, Stephen Write was let go, Carsley retired, Sammy regrets his decision. I can't rememberwho was captain prior to this off the top of my head, but can anyone remember the last time a captaincy spanned over more than one season?

Is the armband a curse in Coventry? Would you give it to Baker should we achieve promotion knowing his history at that level?

He's doing a fantastic job, so would it be too harsh to strip him of it?

He's dramatically improved since he's got the armband. He's got from mr. inconsistent to mr.reliable overnight. I cant see him leaving as he's 30 years old so that might but clubs off and i cant see him losing the captaincy any time soon, so i can see him being our skipper for years to come

pusbccfc

It's not the level that's seen him play better. It's his confidence and fitness improvements thanks to Robins

kepit 2 yusen

I went to most of the pre-season friendlies (like many others did) and to be fair to him, he seem to have a spring in his step then. He was obviously working harder and after one of the games I commented to my mate that Baker looked a lot better and a different player. This has obviously improved throughout and Robins jumped on it and making him Captain has brought out the best of him. He's a solid Captain and the role suits him.

Users who are viewing this thread