The land around the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Otis

Don't you think that it's reasonable for people to form (and dare I even say change) their opinion, based on the actions of the object of that opinion?

(I appreciate that you haven't explicitly criticised people for moving from a supportive to a critical opinion of SISU, but I don't think I'm being too rash to say that I think it's implied).

Spot on that. it is most definitely implied.

Of course it is okay for people to change their minds based on the info put before them. Otherwise people who were big fans of Jimmy Savile (royalty included) would now still be fans of Jimmy Savile and not have formed a different opinion of him since the revelations.

I wrote to John Mutton. He wasn't 'good ole John,' he was just John Mutton, one of the people who represent the city of Coventry and who is supposed to be there for the people of Coventry.

At the time it was 'understood' or perceived that they may well be someone waiting in the wings. This wasn't 100% of course and was still speculation, but the speculation was out there.

Since then I listened to much debate and came to the conclusion if it is only Sisu out there for us then Sisu it must be.

That doesn't mean I want them to have the stadium. It means that if they have to have the stadium for it to bring prosperity to CCFC in the long term then so be it.

Too many people like Torch who make out that if you're not with him you're against him and that is entirely wrong.

I want the best for CCFC, but also for the people of Coventry. I don't want Sisu to get their hands on the stadium, but if that's what it takes to take us forwards then so be it.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Have no problem with that at all, and at least Torch has been quite consistent.

Some of the more extreme pro-Sisu people, who dismissed anybody with any concerns about them were very in your face, and have become some of the most virulent and emotional anti-Sisu people now, often thinking that Ranson is some sort of saviour who was turned over, so they were kind of in the right really.

Considered arguments from either side are fine, but don't always get them, and the ones with the most excessive pro and anti Sisu views have often been one and the same!

I think that in an obscure way, I was trying to say that considered arguments from both sides are fine.

There is an increasing (or so it appears to me) tendancy on the site to dismiss people's comments using exagerated comments taken out of context (e.g. someone once said that AT could have got West Ham promoted, so now if anyone says anything positive about him, it "means" that they "must think" he should be England manager etc etc). I usually do my best to ignore such posts, but I expect better from you (said in my best headmaster's voice).

Just as an aside, and not trying to have a pop at Torch, is it necessarily a good thing to have a consistent view in the face of new evidence?

skyblueman

Possible scenario...

SiSU learn from mistakes, or want to have 1 last 'pop at it'. their aim when they took over was to het to the prem, what is to say that isn't th case now? You get c. 40m just in TV money and other sponsorship deals, far more TV money and furthermore, say we get promoted via playoffs twice, you get 90m in championship (then whatever L1's playoffs money is), and the club would be able to purchase the RICOH.

IMO, only way SISU get RICOH (100%) is to get to the prem.

Dear reader, I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS THEIR AIMS/INTENTIONS, NOR AM I SAYING THEY HAVE LEARNT FROM THEIR INTENTIONS etc.

Just proposing a scenario as our OSB did. As you can see, lot more money opinvolved in my scenario.

Agree with this - this is the only way I can see SISU coming out of this smiling - it's the original plan and frankly it's the only one that has any chance of working - anything less needs financing big time and I just can't see that they have the appetite for that now

torchomatic

Fair enough, Tommy. When SISU first arrived like many I was thankful they'd saved us from Admin. As the years have gone by and players have been sold - some rightly, some wrongly then the anti-SISU feeling has become more extreme, some even advocating they'd rather see the club put into admin/liquidated rather than having them here. I don't get that.

I don't think SISU are perfect, or even that good at running a football club, however they are here and there is no one else and after all the shenanigans of Richardson then I feel it could be a lot worse. They have made mistakes, of course they have, but they are human and I feel they've made less mistakes than previous regimes.

As for the rent thing, yeah they should pay up, but I have no affinity to ACL not particularly bothered about them like I am about CCFC so I want the Club to get the best deal possible. If that means playing hard ball, then so be it.

I also want the Club - whoever is running it - to buy into the stadium and the land around it as that can only benefit the team.

Just as an aside, and not trying to have a pop at Torch, is it necessarily a good thing to have a consistent view in the face of new evidence?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Fair enough, Tommy. When SISU first arrived like many I was thankful they'd saved us from Admin. As the years have gone by and players have been sold - some rightly, some wrongly then the anti-SISU feeling has become more extreme, some even advocating they'd rather see the club put into admin/liquidated rather than having them here. I don't get that.

I don't think SISU are perfect, or even that good at running a football club, however they are here and there is no one else and after all the shenanigans of Richardson then I feel it could be a lot worse. They have made mistakes, of course they have, but they are human and I feel they've made less mistakes than previous regimes.

As for the rent thing, yeah they should pay up, but I have no affinity to ACL not particularly bothered about them like I am about CCFC so I want the Club to get the best deal possible. If that means playing hard ball, then so be it.

I also want the Club - whoever is running it - to buy into the stadium and the land around it as that can only benefit the team.

I started in exactly the same position as you - if anything, I was maybe more positive - I expected SISU to bring a serious degree of professionalism to the running of the club.

At first, I thought they were doing well - I could see what the plan was, but then for whatever reason Plan A was ripped up and since then they appear to have been struggling to come up with a Plan B. The closest they seemed to get to a plan was "cut costs". Sounds good, but when it undermines your revenue by a multiple of the cost savings you've made (and it wasn't difficult to see it coming - selling Juke in January :facepalm:) then it's not much of a plan.

I'm afraid I've lost faith in their abilities and have increasingly severe doubts about their motives.

You and I both want the same thing - I hope your judgement of the situation is better than mine. I'd be very happy to say I was wrong as SISU led us into the Premiership!!

Users who are viewing this thread