The Graphic Design thread. (1 Viewer)

gouldberg

I know we had a couple of little graphic related posts scattered around but thought I'd create this as the 1 stop thread for graphics. Talk about the software you use, fonts you find, techniques you use and post up any work you've done recently.

I'll contribute with a couple of games covers I've designed over the last 2/3 days as well as a WWE graphic I made.

drose2k12withtag.jpg

bigififa12icewithtag.jpg

rocksigupdate.jpg

Feedback is welcomed on the thread as long as it is constructive and well mannered.

Nick

Administrator
I am liking the Fifa one.

I tend to do Graphic Stuff every day for work, by the time I am finished I can't be arsed doing anything fun! :(

gouldberg

I am liking the Fifa one.

I tend to do Graphic Stuff every day for work, by the time I am finished I can't be arsed doing anything fun! :(

I found that before when I studied graphics in media at college. Spent the whole day doing stuff in the classroom and when I got home the last thing I wanted to do was make more.

I made these for a paysite Customaniacs. There's a matching cover on the site too but that wasn't designed by me:

6discmiracledayr2previe.png

Really like that. Not sure I'd be able to work to dimensions like that. That done on Photoshop or some other software?

They're awsome gouldberg! What program do you use?

I use GIMP. I don't have the money for Photoshop at the moment and found GIMP to be the best free equivalent. Sometimes if I want to use a few different effects I'll use Paint.Net, another free equivalent. Very occasionally I'll cross from one to the other, making part of the graphic in Paint.Net then switching to GIMP for other parts before pulling it all together.

Marty

Really like that fifa one, any chance you could do a proper copy of it with front and back covers & a spine?? would love to stick it in the case and pretend were good again. :)

Edit: actually i'd like to have a go at it myself, so if somebody knows the programme thats used and a good tutioral??

dutchman

Really like that. Not sure I'd be able to work to dimensions like that. That done on Photoshop or some other software?
Thanks Gouldberg :D Yes it's done with a bootleg copy of Photoshop CS2. The original label dimensions are 1500x1500 pixels with a resolution of 300dpi (the minimum needed for printing). Most of the labels and covers you see on free download sites are 72dpi which looks great on a PC screen, not so great when printed-out.

gouldberg

Just updated an old forum graphic I had.

lampardsigwithtag.jpg

Apologies for the A.Gould Graphics tag I have to put on my work, have had people pinch my stuff and call it their own before on various sites and forums.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My effort (Using PaintShop Pro X2).....

BlueSky2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread