The good news is....! (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

After all the speculation we still have Fleck, and to me this is far more important than losing Madders. Fleck is our engine room and would have been very hard to replace. Good news!

matesx

...and 2 new very decent sounding defenders

but the season is over apparently

ajsccfc

We've really still got Maddison for the same time that we currently still have Fleck for too, waiting on future developments.

AFCCOVENTRY

It's annoying we didn't sign any perm players for cash like other clubs in L1 have. Bought a decent striker for example. So annoying.

standupforcity

It's annoying we didn't sign any perm players for cash like other clubs in L1 have. Bought a decent striker for example. So annoying.

We have a decent strike force as has been proved...no one has left! It's just a case of getting the team to 'click' again!

ClarkeZ

I agree, but where are you going to find a really decent striker both within our budget and surplus to requirements at another club?
Remember that this Norwich bid came in very late so the club wouldn't have had time to turn around and use that money.

WestEndAgro

I agree, but where are you going to find a really decent striker both within our budget and surplus to requirements at another club?
Remember that this Norwich bid came in very late so the club wouldn't have had time to turn around and use that money.

So why accept the bid, when you can't use it, surely keeping JM with some barnstorming performances and taking us up would have doubled his valuation?

skybluepm2

True. I think fleck is more important to the team individually. Maddison has hardly pulled up any trees of late but I'm still fuming that he's been sold at what appears to be the first opportunity for a meagre sum. Any coincidence that a court case is round the corner?

I just wish we'd have waited until the summer to determine whether or not we'd be in the championship. Could've doubled our money by waiting a few months.

We have so many gaps to fill in the summer now, none more so than in attack!

SkyblueBri

Skyblues Talk all doom and gloom Madders gone season over etc, I can't see why. We've still got him for rest of season plus 2 new defenders, so we've strengthened the team for this season

Hobo

Who have we missed out on ?

Skyblueweeman

Fleck will go in the summer. We have a big rebuilding job to do for next season, regardless of which division we're in.

Never a dull day...

Users who are viewing this thread