The football yesterday (and on other occasions recently) (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I'd say the attacking football was as good as I've seen from us, definitely at this level better than Mowbray's table topping team. The one touch stuff and the speed was brilliant. Bakayoko has improved immeasurably, he's coming short and then moving into space.

EDIT: I meant Saturday not yesterday, still feeling a bit groggy from the booze

Last edited:

Tommo72

I'd say the attacking football was as good as I've seen from us, definitely at this level better than Mowbray's table topping team. The one touch stuff and the speed was brilliant. Bakayoko has improved immeasurably, he's coming short and then moving into space.

They made it looks very easy at times on Saturday. The movement was superb and at 3-1 we had one easy chance and a further opportunity to have gone 4-1 up. The view from the away section made it all the more pleasing. I was amazed at how comfortable and confident they looked from the off....just need to cut the silly mistakes out now.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair Bakayoko tried that from the start, did it against Charlton with his goals where he held it up and laid it off then got himself into the box.

There was more of an understanding between him, Bright and Hiwula I thought as they were all making runs off each other into space.

The pitch also plays a part, you can see us try that at the Ricoh with 1 touch passing but it turns into about 3 touches trying to control the bobble or predict what height the ball is going to be.

clint van damme

Bakayoko is improving all the time and definitely has something about him.
It fits the profile of many of our players that one week they have Robins rubbing his hands as they implement what he's been coaching them and the next week he's tearing his hair out as they do the complete opposite.
It's frustrating for supporters too but when it clicks it's great. All we can do is keep getting behind Robins and these young players.

fernandopartridge

To be fair Bakayoko tried that from the start, did it against Charlton with his goals where he held it up and laid it off then got himself into the box.

There was more of an understanding between him, Bright and Hiwula I thought as they were all making runs off each other into space.

The pitch also plays a part, you can see us try that at the Ricoh with 1 touch passing but it turns into about 3 touches trying to control the bobble or predict what height the ball is going to be.
Yes as I said yesterday the pitch certainly helped us, I hadn't really appreciated how quick we are as a team now. Mason is a good outlet as well

Nick

Administrator
Yes as I said yesterday the pitch certainly helped us, I hadn't really appreciated how quick we are as a team now. Mason is a good outlet as well

Mason improved massively, got involved with the simple passing down the left hand side.

Think the unpredictability of Hiwula, Bright and Thomas means they don't even know what they are going to do so defenders haven't got a clue. Without having to worry about a bobble or being tackled by the pitch the shackles were off.

Will be interesting to compare at the weekend, if the players will be trying to pass it first time without even looking at the ball or looking down trying to get it under control then lay it off.

steve82

Bakayoko is improving all the time and definitely has something about him.
It fits the profile of many of our players that one week they have Robins rubbing his hands as they implement what he's been coaching them and the next week he's tearing his hair out as they do the complete opposite.
It's frustrating for supporters too but when it clicks it's great. All we can do is keep getting behind Robins and these young players.

Might sound bizarre but I liken the attributes and career Bakayoko has about him to obviously a very poor man’s Didier Drogba.

Drogba was a late developer taking time to be made anything near a finished article that finally clicked to be a very good striker, quick, big and powerful, good in the air and a great strike about him.

Similarly like Drogba both are taking time until early twenties to establish much of a threat about them.

Bakayoko if given the opportunity and love of MR and fans with the right application could be some player at championship level. The next 2 season are big for him and his career.

*Clearly he highly likely won’t have the same career as Drogba and could go the same way as Mathieu Manset equally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
What I like about Bakayoko is his shushing celebration, I reckon he would do that even if nobody had said anything.

I think he gets mistaken for a target man, he isn't a target man and has always looked to get it to feet or on the floor and lay it off then get in the box.

Malaka

The difference was they played two up front, hence one less in midfield and lack of protection for the centre halves. Most teams play one up front, that is why we looked good going forward.

clint van damme

The difference was they played two up front, hence one less in midfield and lack of protection for the centre halves. Most teams play one up front, that is why we looked good going forward.

I think they normally play just one up top but changed it Saturday which was obviously a mistake

Users who are viewing this thread