The Favourites (1 Viewer)

Its nearly here lads! The 2016/17 League 1 campaign is almost upon us. Just a month to go. As pre-season beings on Saturday, it's time to forget an awful summer of international football and look forward to the return of club action. It may be a little early to think about who is going to be crowned champions of League 1, with just under 2 months of transfer business ahead of us. But with teams like Bolton, Oxford, Northampton and MK Dons coming into League 1, this season is increasingly difficult to predict. That being said, for this week's Cooks Question i want to know who is your favourite to win League 1 2016/17 and why? The best answers will be used in Thursday's edition of Sports Lounge with Liam Cook, live on 98.6 Hillz FM from 10am. Thanks for your input lads. PUSB

rupert_bear

Bristol Rovers for me are the dark horses, have a mega rich Arab backer which helps enormously at this level.

Brylowes

My favourite is Coventry .
But I think either:
Milwall
Peterborough
Bradford
Bristol Rovers
Will win it.
Really hoping we can make the playoffs.

lifeskyblue

Still too early to say who the favourites are...need to seethe moves over next few weeks. Oxford and sheff Utd look strong as do those that came close last year...milwall and Bradford. I'm hopeful that with a few positive signings we might challenge to the end this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

The bookies aren't hanging their hats on anyone yet.

7674e02db6ce8306f6c192ca1723b6d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skybluenutterman

How can Oxford be better than us next season. Maybe because we show little ambition. Not exactly ripping up tress with our summer signings!! Tudgay. Wooopeee

skyblue1991

How can Oxford be better than us next season. Maybe because we show little ambition. Not exactly ripping up tress with our summer signings!! Tudgay. Wooopeee

Sorry, I didn't realise the transfer window closes tomorrow.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Yeah its strange how Oxford can sign players when they have fans that go to games and buy merchandise and support their club and they have had games against premier league and championship teams to help with revenue.

Most of our fans only contact with the club is saying they don't go because of the owners and then complaining that we don't have any money. Some of our fans buy kits without logos on to complain about it being a template like 99% of other clubs in the league ffs.

johnwillomagic

No skybluenutterman has his finger on pulse game will be called off Saturday as no word of a lie we
have NO PLAYERS!! Get your bets on now lads with Mr Coral on this winning statement!!!

Brylowes

Yeah its strange how Oxford can sign players when they have fans that go to games and buy merchandise and support their club and they have had games against premier league and championship teams to help with revenue.

Most of our fans only contact with the club is saying they don't go because of the owners and then complaining that we don't have any money. Some of our fans buy kits without logos on to complain about it being a template like 99% of other clubs in the league ffs.
For the record and balance .
Coveentry City FC avg gate 12.000 +
Oxford Utd avg gate 7.000 +
So it can't be that. !

Chipfat

Charlton, Millwall, Bradford, Sheff Utd, MK Dons will be up there, we will be in and around the top 10 again fighting for a play off spot.

Bristol R & Scunthorpe are my dark horses.

Covstu

I would have picked Millwall and Charlton for automatic and maybe Sheff Utd for playoffs (surely they have to get it right at last)

eastwoodsdustman

Just realised that Oxford have sold Kemar Roofe to Leeds for £3 mill. This is why they're flashing the cash a bit. They've lost their best player, their goalscorer and the pace they had up front all in one.

letsallsingtogether

But we still have better support then them as for kids they do make a couple of grand more then is.So I suppose that's one player more;)

Hobo

I am surprised more people aren't backing Wales. They seem to be the tin pot Joey big bollocks team of the moment.

SkyBlueCRJ

Just realised that Oxford have sold Kemar Roofe to Leeds for £3 mill. This is why they're flashing the cash a bit. They've lost their best player, their goalscorer and the pace they had up front all in one.

Great signing for Leeds. Glad he won't be making an appearance against us next season. He was frighteningly good throughout the whole of last year, especially when he single handedly ripped Swansea apart in the FA Cup

Users who are viewing this thread