The Exorcist (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Been hearing about great reviews for the stage play of the Exorcist that's on in London currently. I saw the film when it first came out and found it hilarious to be honest. Didn't know what the fuss was about, people fainting etc. But this play is scary with great special effects it says. Sadly only on in London. Pity it aint touring as yet as I'd go and see it. Scariest film you've seen ?

Nick

Administrator
Not as scary as at blackpool where they have that "ride" you walk through and end up in the pub. Not realising they were real people and being a pissed up twat, I decided to tell her a few choice words. She got up off the bed and ran over towards me.

My bollocks soon went.

As for the film, I didn't think it was that scary. Don't really get that scared of films or jump at things as I pre-empt them.

Grendel

As a real answer I’ve always been a huge fan of the Wicker Man

However if you really want the most disturbing grotesque British Horror seek out The Death Line - an early 70’s grizzly film with Donald Pleasance and Christopher Lee featuring death, disembowlment and cannibalism. The slurping and chomping on victims bones is something that you never forget.

Otis

I thought Halloween was the scariest ever film I saw at the time. It's now been copied and hackneyed so many times now though I am guessing it has lost all it's impact.

Mark Kermode believes that the Exorcist is the best horror film of all time. It's a film I really like, but didn't find it particularly scary.

Users who are viewing this thread