The ever improving Brandon Mason (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Haven't seen yesterday's match yet but what's clear is the massive improvement in Mason. Think most of us saw the potential last season, the raw attributes that needed harnessing but I didn't see this much improvement so quickly. What impresses me so much is now he drives forward, beats a man whereas last season any time he had the chance to drive on, he'd turn and go back. Keep it up Brandon!

clint van damme

Haven't seen yesterday's match yet but what's clear is the massive improvement in Mason. Think most of us saw the potential last season, the raw attributes that needed harnessing but I didn't see this much improvement so quickly. What impresses me so much is now he drives forward, beats a man whereas last season any time he had the chance to drive on, he'd turn and go back. Keep it up Brandon!

Can't remember the last time both are full backs played so well in the same game.

Mcbean

First half he pretty much made everything happen - JCH changed sides to try and shut him down but had zero effect - he must have been knackered as he never stopped running

christonabike

Has grown into a man and is a pleasure to watch he is improving every game.
Hill83 close thread.:woot:

oscillatewildly

Chuffed he got MOM y'day. Been to both 'home' league games so far and I had him as MOM for the Southend game too. (If it wasn't for that pesky Kelly and his controlling midfield abilities....)

Mucca Mad Boys

I didn't realise the rule was that every young player improves. How's Devon kelly evans doing at 7th tier Nuneaton?

Most players develop with more experience over the years.

As for Kelly-Evans, neither were good enough to be first team players. Played in a poor 1st team and Robins was quick to replace them when we were rebuilding for the L2 campaign.

Esoterica

Bolton parked the bus and Bristol played with a diamond so he's been given a lot of room to express himself. Looks a lot more confident and decisive on the ball this year.

ccfcway

Not sure I have seen this one ?. It is the folllow up to “what’s eating Gilbert grape” ?

Sky Blue Pete

Has come on massively since his shaky start last pre season! Has been outstanding in the two games I’ve seen
Agreed. Outstanding first half yesterday was everywhere and defended against jch and passed and moved and ran and passed and everything was great to watch. 21 years old!!!

fernandopartridge

Bolton parked the bus and Bristol played with a diamond so he's been given a lot of room to express himself. Looks a lot more confident and decisive on the ball this year.
Tbf he was in decent form towards the end of last season and has just continued with that

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Tbf he was in decent form towards the end of last season and has just continued with that

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Yeah, he was playing well at the end of the season but it seems a little more than just continuation of form to me. In the first half of last season I didn't know what he was - defensively he was a bit rash and wayward so didn't seem like a defensive fullback, and when he got forward he was crossing from deep and then was knackered after 70 mins so he didn't seem to have the tools for an attacking fullback either. This season he seems a lot more willing to take on his man or run beyond Hiwula and his defensive postioning seems a lot tighter too. I'm guessing it's almost all fitness related. With a full season behind him he knows now he can get up and down all game, so is able to push himself further in attack and not be blowing out his arse when he gets back.

OffenhamSkyBlue

A lot of our more successful moves seem to start down the left due to the good interplay between him and Hiwula, with perhaps a triangle with Shipley or Kelly. Are we starting to see that on the right too? How was Jobello against Brizzle? He was shut out of the Sarfend game by their excellent left-back, which made him look poor.

shmmeee

A lot of our more successful moves seem to start down the left due to the good interplay between him and Hiwula, with perhaps a triangle with Shipley or Kelly. Are we starting to see that on the right too? How was Jobello against Brizzle? He was shut out of the Sarfend game by their excellent left-back, which made him look poor.

Dabo and Jobello looked the most dangerous side against Brizzle IMO

Esoterica

I don't think the same level of connection is there between Jobello and Dabo just yet as there is between Mason and Hiwula. Obviously on the left they've already had a season together and Jobello's English was non-existant when he joined. We had some good success down the right vs Bristol but a lot of that was individual quality e.g. Dabo's 2 touches for the 2nd goal. Jobello strikes me as a bit of a maverick footballer - some quality early crosses, the occasional interchange with Dabo and Westbrooke but also a few give and go's that didn't work out too. Thought he could have tried to beat his man more often than he did, the early crosses were good ones but they left Godden quite isolated in the box. There was also a lot of space on the flanks due to the midfield diamond that Bristol played.

A lot to look forward too as that side of the pitch develops I think, although I would expect a few more games like Southend where he gets shut out completely by a decent left back along the way.

Adge

Interesting, if anyone was at the kit launch at Coombe, there was a shot fired at Mason by Robins stating that McCallum was the long term solution-guess that may have been the rocket needed.

ccfchoi87

Interesting, if anyone was at the kit launch at Coombe, there was a shot fired at Mason by Robins stating that McCallum was the long term solution-guess that may have been the rocket needed.

I fancied McCallum to be first choice this year based on pre-season

Users who are viewing this thread