The Edge: What do we think? (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

Just wondered what people who watch him regularly think of him as a player. I've only seen him a few times and I don't think I'm in a position to judge him properly, although from what I have seen he seems like a player who makes the odd mistake but is usually good enough to make amends. Thoughts?

SBS

McGoldrick aside, he's been our best player. Seems to be improving every game

Nick

Administrator
I rate him, he seems a bit like a blocker but that is what we need in this league. I can't remember the game where he went off injured because he blocked a shot with his groin on the line :)

Against Hartlepool he was quite basic and looked to go long ball more often than not, but defensively he wins majority in the air and puts his body on the line, Not wowed, but I like him.

Perryccfc

Looked very calm and assured v Colchester. Happy with the ball at his feet. And does the basics right

Mucca Mad Boys

Early on, he was a tad hit 'n' miss. But since has looked assured, good player.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Sheepy

At the start he looked dodgy, especially with the ball.
Seems to be a whole different player now - looked assured on the ball and isn't afraid to bring it forward and start attacks off.

Grendel

He is very agricultural. Still in this league he may be OK but an odd signing by someone who claims to like passing football.

At least he seems prepared to apply himself and gives maximum effort. All you can ask for really.

The Reverend Skyblue

I felt he played really well against Colchester. He's good in the air and decent with the ball when he plays it short.He a definately one to keep ,my only gripe is when he trys to play the long ball, many times when he does that they are hopelessly over hit and inaccurate

So yes if Robins tells him that when he wins the ball play it short, he will be a big plus, and i will be his biggest fan.He seemed also to love the skyblue fans, before and after the match with all the clapping etc, and the smile on his face could be seen from the moon.

you'll never beat the edge

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Against hinckley in pre season thought Malaga looked much better than the edge, however since then he has improved with every game. I still think Malaga is a good prospect

JulianDarbyFTW

So fairly positive so far then. In the pecking order of fully fit CB's where do we think he sits? Just in front of Cameron and Brown?

Rich

He seems like a stonger version of Keogh. By that I don't mean the flair that Keogh has I mean the dependability. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time. It was great watching him shut MK9 out when we played Brum and we know how difficult most defenders find that task.

Grendel

So fairly positive so far then. In the pecking order of fully fit CB's where do we think he sits? Just in front of Cameron and Brown?

Well he has made himself first choice alongside Wood. Brown looks poor and Cameron has not really impressed either.

Rich

He is very agricultural. Still in this league he may be OK but an odd signing by someone who claims to like passing football.

At least he seems prepared to apply himself and gives maximum effort. All you can ask for really.

AT was a solid dependable defender, much like the Edge.

skybluegod

He seems like a stonger version of Keogh. By that I don't mean the flair that Keogh has I mean the dependability. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time. It was great watching him shut MK9 out when we played Brum and we know how difficult most defenders find that task.

the mk thing is so true some of the best defending i have seen in a coventry shirt, even when he had cramp in that game he still chased after him and won.

pusbccfc

He's come an awful long way from the player we first seen. He was meant to be a back up centre back.

Last edited:

covcity4life

seemed great tos cunthorpe where he was abysmal

seems to be back on track now

likes to intercept which is good but if it dont work striker can get in behind him sometimes

Rich

the mk thing is so true some of the best defending i have seen in a coventry shirt, even when he had cramp in that game he still chased after him and won.

Forgot this, he was on the floor in agony one minute and chasing MK9 out of the game the next. the guy sure puts his body on the line.

skybluegod

Forgot this, he was on the floor in agony one minute and chasing MK9 out of the game the next. the guy sure puts his body on the line.

yeah i remember at the end of the 90 lying on floor then in extra time marlon racing for it and him just beating him, he looked dead at the half time whistle.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Got to admit when I first seen him pre season I wanted him to do well, but had my doubts. However he has lived up to expectation and has taken to English football like a duck to water!

Really rate the guy and has formed a decent partnership woth Woody

JulianDarbyFTW

Probably capable of playing at a higher level - good movement, good in the air. Very strong defender at this level.

I guess this cuts to the heart of my question. Is he a good L1 defender who'd be out of his depth if/when we get promoted, or does he show enough to suggest he could be a mainstay in the Championship if required?

Grendel

I guess this cuts to the heart of my question. Is he a good L1 defender who'd be out of his depth if/when we get promoted, or does he show enough to suggest he could be a mainstay in the Championship if required?

He looks very much a League One defender.

Put it this way -- he is not as good as Keogh or Cranie and they are in average Championship clubs.

Sick Boy

I wonder if those who claimed that Waggot brought in the players over the summer will give him some credit?

Sick Boy

Waggot would of been there for the signing of the contract nothing else, why should he get credit

He was getting the blame for bringing in the players when it appeared they were not good enough. I always thought it was apologist bullshit myself.

Users who are viewing this thread