The Eclipse (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Did anybody watch it? I completely forgot, so much so I made sure the blinds were open as it was a bit dark and didn't even realise why it may be a bit dark :(

Monners

Yep - and the clouds cleared enough to see it pretty well. About 85% coverage, which was enough to cause the wildlife to react as if it was dawn/dusk (also, think the neighbours chickens tried to lay again by the sounds of it).

Had the good fortune to see the full eclipse in Cornwall in 1999 (on my wife's birthday - spooky or what), and really was a strange experience. It makes you realise that we really are just a small speck in the universe. "Just passing through, brother!" :cool:

duffer

I presume they've been sacrificing goats over in Leicester, this to make the sun come back. Couldn't find any virgins, obviously. :)

One our the DJ's at the radio station where i work came up with an ingenious idea. Grab a cd and look at the eclipse through the lettering on the CD. You can see through it, its tinted and doesnt let the sun's rays get in

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Don't worry if you miss today's solar eclipse. Recreate the boring, forgettable event this evening by turning off your lights and sitting in the dark for 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread