The Defence (1 Viewer)

Jamesimus

I know we don't score loads and there are issues with our final ball / finishing.

However, surely a meaner defence is the first thing that's required in our transfer dealings next season?

Centre backs with a bit of pace, a new goalkeeper, a defensive midfielder that is composed enough not to chip the ball aimlessly forward

fatso

I know we don't score loads and there are issues with our final ball / finishing.

However, surely a meaner defence is the first thing that's required in our transfer dealings next season?

Centre backs with a bit of pace, a new goalkeeper, a defensive midfielder that is composed enough not to chip the ball aimlessly forward
Cant argue, we definitely need a major turn over of players at the end of the season, MR has certainly got a job on his hands, given our piss poor budget!
And off loading some of the dross isn't easy when they still have time to run on their contracts.

Dickie

Absolutely. Needs an overhaul. Keep Osti. That’s it.

Briles

We have no rb at the club that would've dealt with their LW. There aren't many in the league who can tbh. Thought defence was OK tbf, we were beaten by quality and not mistakes. I can take that

Jamesimus

I think I agree re: this particular game / dealing with Danjuma.

On the whole though, we have conceded the 4th most goals in the champ, and scored the 7th least goals.

cc84cov

Entire back line needed bar dabo

fatso

Entire back line needed bar dabo
Ostigard has done ok for his first full season in big boys football, he's still young and will improve, he would be a great signing if we can get him, definitely future captain material.

cc84cov

Ostigard has done ok for his first full season in big boys football, he's still young and will improve, he would be a great signing if we can get him, definitely future captain material.
Decent enough still not good enough on the ball

Londonccfcfan

We have no rb at the club that would've dealt with their LW. There aren't many in the league who can tbh. Thought defence was OK tbf, we were beaten by quality and not mistakes. I can take that
Partially agree...First goal was still very avoidable and extremely poor.

cc84cov

He’s miles better than anything we have and better than anything we can afford. Dabo isn’t good enough for this level either
Stay up and we will see better come in go down and it’s back to slow plodders,our defence at this level is a painful watch

no_loyalty

This team is lacking pace, need some rapid players for next season.

shmmeee

He’s miles better than anything we have and better than anything we can afford. Dabo isn’t good enough for this level either

Jury is out on Dabo for me. He’s shown glimpses and one of his better games was when he got injured.

lord_garrincha

I agree hasn’t looked 100% yet this season back next week I hope
Throwing him back too soon without using u/23 games can't be a good thing. The likes of him, Walker & Rose need the summer off & a good pre season... Then hopefully a 2nd season in the Championship.

cc84cov

Throwing him back too soon without using u/23 games can't be a good thing. The likes of him, Walker & Rose need the summer off & a good pre season... Then hopefully a 2nd season in the Championship.
I agree I would of gone DaCosta into a flat 4 wouldn’t of made any difference tho

stupot07

We need a complete overhaul across the pitch not just the defence.

Defense wise we havent been helped by key injuries to Dabo, Rose, and Kelly.

Oour defence is not great and we have conceded too many chances, but the main issues lay in the final third. We simply aren't good enough, if you consistently don't create and score goals you're going to put you defence until undue pressue.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cov donkey kick

Out of osti,rose,hyam given a pre season dabo is one for the future.rose ,the jury is out hyam seems like his game as gone backwards he may be ok after a full preseason with this season's experience behind him.osti would be much better after this season's game time as been impressive and got better performance wise.

Ann Proctor-Brown

We need a complete overhaul across the pitch not just the defence.

Defense wise we havent been helped by key injuries to Dabo, Rose, and Kelly.

Oour defence is not great and we have conceded too many chances, but the main issues lay in the final third. We simply aren't good enough, if you consistently don't create and score goals you're going to put you defence until undue pressue.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Not good enough all over the pitch.

Brighton Sky Blue

New McF song to the tune of 'Karma Chameleon'

Kyle Kyle Kyle Kyle
Kyle McFadzean
You lose the ball
You get sent off
Watching would be easy
If your games were like my dreams
Team of Gary Breens
Team of Gary Breens

Evo1883

New McF song to the tune of 'Karma Chameleon'

Kyle Kyle Kyle Kyle
Kyle McFadzean
You lose the ball
You get sent off
Watching would be easy
If your games were like my dreams
Team of Gary Breens
Team of Gary Breens

giphy.gif

CCFCSteve

Defence has been poor and not tight enough all season. I don’t mind great goals against us but too many basic (some shocking) errors and lack of tight/close marking...not good enough. I’m saying that without any issues with any particular defender, and appreciate it’s a massive step up, but the rest of this season and next they need to be better

Users who are viewing this thread