The Cheltenham thread 2016 (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm In no way an expert tipper
However I thought if any of us hear of any tips for the festival we could put them here

Obviously I'm waiting for the dusty carpet never been beaten and lunch break 12/1 post

SBAndy

This year seems like there's more heavily-backed favourites than I can ever remember. My pick of the week price-wise is Sprinter Sacre in the Champion Chase (Wednesday 3:20). 9/2 is a colossal price. Only real competition will be Un De Sceaux who is a fantastic horse as well, so smart money is backing Sprinter in the market without UDS at 15/8.

wingy

This year seems like there's more heavily-backed favourites than I can ever remember. My pick of the week price-wise is Sprinter Sacre in the Champion Chase (Wednesday 3:20). 9/2 is a colossal price. Only real competition will be Un De Sceaux who is a fantastic horse as well, so smart money is backing Sprinter in the market without UDS at 15/8.
I'm no gambler but what is UDS?
I'm a sucker for French sounding names then noticed the other tip, now what do I do?

Johnnythespider

Come on Backroomrumourmill did I not see you mention that a relative is a respected trainer in another thread, must be some tips coming your way

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

I'm no gambler but what is UDS?
I'm a sucker for French sounding names then noticed the other tip, now what do I do?
I think he means to back sprinter sacre without Un De Sceaux in the betting

Sky_Blue_Daz

Unconfirmed rumours that last years Grand National winner every cloud will enter the gold cup odds are currently 50 to 1

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm at a charity day Friday they have the races on a big screen and an on site bookies
So if anyone has tips for Friday send them my way
Much obliged

skybluejelly

i have been told outlander eachway in the arkle on tuesday you can still get 33-1 at william hill 16-1 everywhere else ..i have had £10 eachway so it will probably come 4th

R

RB1992

Anyone going? I'm going on the Tuesday and Thursday, can't wait, at the moment I'm like a kid before Christmas.

Haven't really heard an awful lot this year tips-wise. However, there's a horse called Minella Present racing in either the last race of Tuesday or Friday - supposedly in with a great shout and currently at 14s I think. Worth a few quid.

bringbackrattles

As my son is a gambler I told him that there was a horse racing in a big race and it was well worth having a few quid on. He was all ears and when I told him it was called: A Fool And His Money,he never twigged I was winding him up.He came back later with a puzzled look on his face saying that the horse I mentioned must have been withdrawn from the race as it wasn't on the card !

Grendel

Can we bet how many horses die this year?

Johnnythespider

Tri-cast in the 3:30
1st Nichols Canyon
2nd Camping Ground
3rd My Tent Or Yours

SBAndy

Today's bets are nothing groundbreaking but here goes:

1:30 Min
2:10 Douvan
3:30 Annie Power
4:10 Vroum Vroum Mag

Short prices so worth takin multiples of those. Nichols Canyon also a good bet in the Champion Hurdle, but I expect it to turn out a typical Ruby Tuesday.

LB87ccfc

Good tipping sites I make regular profit off are -

myracingtips on twitter

thewinnersenclosure on twitter

www.gg.co.uk

For football -

Football Accumulators on Twitter over 300,000 followers

Football super tips on twitter is good for in play betting.

Best of luck all.

LB87ccfc

Cheltenham tips - most backed -

Min 11/4 on 365 or 5/2 elsewhere - 13.30 - Altior next best at 4/1

Douvan - 2/5 on 365 - 14.10. Next best to place - Sizing John 10/1

Out Sam 8/1 EW or Beg to Differ 12/1 EW in the 14.50

Annie Power - 11/4 or Nichols Canyon 13/2 EW in 15.30

Vroum Vroum Mag - Evens NAP of the day 8/8 wins - 16.10 - Poly Peachum EW at 15/2 is good value.

Willie Mullins / Ruby Walsh 4 timer - Min, Douvan Annie Power and Vroum Vroum Mag - 29/1

LB87ccfc

Today's bets are nothing groundbreaking but here goes:

1:30 Min
2:10 Douvan
3:30 Annie Power
4:10 Vroum Vroum Mag

Short prices so worth takin multiples of those. Nichols Canyon also a good bet in the Champion Hurdle, but I expect it to turn out a typical Ruby Tuesday.

Hoping all 4 do the business for Mullins and Walsh today, Bookies would be battered.

LB87ccfc

Vroum Vroum Mag - Evens NAP of the day 8/8 wins - 16.10 - Poly Peachum EW at 15/2 is good value.

Willie Mullins / Ruby Walsh 4 timer - Min, Douvan Annie Power and Vroum Vroum Mag - 29/1

My next best wins in some style at 4/1 in the opener, Min couldnt keep up with the pace coming second. No Mullins bashing for the bookies boo, but had the 4/1 winner :)

LB87ccfc

Douvan wins the 14.10 and Sizing John finishes 2nd to place at 10/1 EW ! as quoted this morning :) - 4/1 winner 2/5 winner and a 10/1 each way so far :)

SBAndy

I took the Douvan - Sizing John forecast at 3/1. Nice little winner.

Starting to edge towards The New One in the Champion Hurdle.

LB87ccfc

Great run by Annie Power doing the business this year at 5/2 - put my £5 4 fold to £142.69 offer one more needed for £250 win which was Vroom Vroom Mag, sadly I cashed out taking todays profits to £204.90 but Vroom Vroom Mag for extra £70 off a double would be lovely.

LB87ccfc

Great run by Annie Power doing the business this year at 5/2 - put my £5 4 fold to £142.69 offer one more needed for £250 win which was Vroom Vroom Mag, sadly I cashed out taking todays profits to £204.90 but Vroom Vroom Mag for extra £70 off a double would be lovely.

Vroum Vroum Mag wins the 4.10.

SBAndy

Ended up about £100 up for the day. Backed Annie in the end, but a much smaller stake than I was considering this morning. Still, a win's a win. Then VVM did the business.

LB87ccfc

Ended up about £100 up for the day. Backed Annie in the end, but a much smaller stake than I was considering this morning. Still, a win's a win. Then VVM did the business.

I was going to lump Annie this morning then saw it drifting out I thought better off it so doubled it on betfair special at 6/1 and went a little single.

Good day between us all round then, slightly wish I had the balls to keep faith in Vroum Vroum Mag the NAP but landed me 70 off the double, 4/6 in the end too big a risk to see 142 on it to win 250.

Hopefully we do well another day too SBAndy

stupot07

Any tips for tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well done all who won
I will gladly accept any tips for Friday
Much obligied squires

SBAndy

Tomorrow I'll be having £25 double on Yanworth (1:30) and Un De Sceaux (3:30), and £100 on Sprinter Sacre (w/o UDS). Torn between More Of That and No More Heroes in the 2:10. May have something in the 4:10 but haven't really looked at it yet.

R

RB1992

What a day!

Had 3 winners - kicked the day off with Altior, had a few bob on Vroom Vroom and then seen it off with a nice 16/1 in ballyalton in the last race! Bring on tomorrow!

There is honestly no other event like the festival!

Users who are viewing this thread