The answer is simple. Making it happen however... (1 Viewer)

Rory83

Whatever the outcome of the EFL decision, assuming there is no resolution between SISU and Wasps, the club will continue to lurch from one disaster to the next for as long as that shower hold the reigns of CCFC.

I can understand where MR and his players are coming from by not coming out and shaming SISU publicly, but as much as it is about staying focused and doing your job...ultimately they know precisely what is going on and just how thoroughly shaming and disgraceful it is. No doubt they'll all be running their mouths off about it as soon as they are no longer contracted to the club and possibly write some balls out autobiography. I think they need to stand up and speak out now. Shame the owners at every opportunity, even if it costs them their contract. I think this is certainly true for MR as he has done a good job at Cov and will get another job no bother.

It really is desperate times and I feel time really is running out for the club this time, how long can we drag this out before it becomes completely untenable.

Rory83

They'd become an overnight folk hero though. Imagine Jordan Willis just came out and said something along the lines of 'this is a great club, fantastic fans but it is run by a set of complete clowns who are destroying CCFC brick by brick with every passing day'. Imagine the power that would have, especially as a local lad and if he said it in front of the Sky cameras.

Cov kid 55

I’m afraid that the one way for our season to fall apart is for MR to allow/facilitate the players getting involved in the politics of our situation. Unlikely, but we still have the possibility of making the play offs, and MR needs to focus the players on performances alone.

Rory83

I’m afraid that the one way for our season to fall apart is for MR to allow/facilitate the players getting involved in the politics of our situation. Unlikely, but we still have the possibility of making the play offs, and MR needs to focus the players on performances alone.

I definitely get that, it just feels like this is the bigger issue in the long term. I know as well as anyone that there will be no criticism of the current regime and that all staff and players will have been warned that doing so will be in breach of their contracts with the club. I just can't think what else can be done before we no longer have a club to get worked up about.

robbiethemole

perhaps some of the previous managers will do it, most of them will have had the payoff by now, or will the threat of being sued keep them quiet

Terry Gibson's perm

perhaps some of the previous managers will do it, most of them will have had the payoff by now, or will the threat of being sued keep them quiet

They shouldn’t be too worried sisu are hardly prolific winners in court.

Paxman II

I get the sentiment of the OP but you are not thinking straight.
We pretty much despise our owners as they have took us through some terrible times.
However a couple of things stand out.

1. They stopped with most oftheir shenanigans a while back.
2. They still persue a legal line but tbf have every right to see that to a final end as much as we find it damaging (but it has not damaged us further)
3. They have allowed the club to florish in some aspects by reinvesting (or not taking anything out, call it what you will) and given MR's the money to compete.
4. They have not interfered in the football clubs process and our academy is one of the finest with many prospects coming through. Our club has built a fine reputation and sustainability.

Now as far as the club is concerned Sisu I'm sure will have to resolve their current issue over the stadium as they well know, as having no ground means no CCFC. The likely outcome therefore is they will keep protecting their investors money. It's awful how they seem to roll the dice with our club but I really don't see any other outcome than a renewed contract at the Ricoh eventually surfacing, either after they drop their final legal proceedings after Aprils decision or make a temporary cessastion allowing WASP to offer another deal -be it 1 year or perhaps long term if Sisu give up proceedings altogether. The prize is too great not to or too great a problem for there not to be common ground found in the end game however your logic see's it.

Hoffman and the likes is pure fantasy land and our hope is Sisu eventual stop the politics realise the only way is the one they have given the football club the last couple of seasons, hope for further promotion and then, obtain a longer term Ricoh agreement and sell up finally. They know it, we all know it so let MR's continue his good work with his team, as he is somewhat our saviour. Had he not got promoted, had he not built this young talented side it may have been very different. I belive Sisu were made to see that.

So a players revolt or MR's quitting etc? Don't be silly. If we don't scrape into the playoff lottery this year we will be odds on for promtion next year.

Last edited:

Grendel

Rory Rory tell us a story

ajsccfc

They'll get a big pat on the back, but otherwise there's no real benefit in a player doing anything like this.

Warwickhunt

At the Moment SISU are fighting people who have a considerble lever in the negotiations (CCFC future) its like Brexit the backstop will be used to rinse every sodding penny out of the UK, they need to do something about the WASPs lever in this case because it seems quite obvious that their current strategy is not working and when the judges refuse permission to appeal then they need something else. The club in the current situation is all that they have as CCFC represents a viable company so they need to stop their current Crusade and fix its long term future! I cannot believe after all this time that SISU does not have another route to carry on their "Sue any fucker that we can" Campaign!, they must have dug out a load of shit against a few people over time. Probably looking at fucking the EFL over?

Gazolba

<snip> If we don't scrape into the playoff lottery this year we will be odds on for promtion next year.
Why will we be odds-on for promotion next year?
We'll be minus all of our best players from this season and will have to rebuild again just like we always do.

Manchester_sky_blue

If the Council/Wasps/whoever are trying to distress CCFC to force SISU to sell as it appears then it's pretty short sighted. Sisu will fight to protect their investment as they have proved time and time again. Our best hope of getting shot of them is via success on the pitch. We have few material assets ( and seemingly no way of acquiring any) so growing the crowds, maintaining the success of the academy and climbing the league's is the only way to increase our value and entice a new owner. Wasps/Council/whoever should be doing all they can to help us reach the championship so we start to look saleable.

Manchester_sky_blue

Said it before but the moment the council sold to Wasps they made it far harder to get rid of SISU. Unless you are a Cov fan or have some connection to the city why on earth would you buy us over every other club in the country.

Entirely agree. I think they believed that SISU only wanted the Ricoh and would bail out when it was sold. Mis-take!

shmmeee

Entirely agree. I think they believed that SISU only wanted the Ricoh and would bail out when it was sold. Mis-take!

Or, or. They’re a local authority and care more about getting a troublesome asset off their books than the owners of the local football club.

Occam’s Razor and all that.

Manchester_sky_blue

Or, or. They’re a local authority and care more about getting a troublesome asset off their books than the owners of the local football club.

Undoubtedly that was a motivation but it's not exactly a secret that they wanted sisu gone.

Paxman II

Why will we be odds-on for promotion next year?
We'll be minus all of our best players from this season and will have to rebuild again just like we always do.

Why won't we be? Why would we lose all ourbest players?
We have an excellent academy system producing the goods like peas in a pod. We may lose Bayliss if anyone but we have another one of those!
Plus we have talent side lined long term all due back next season. We have strengthened with Meyler, got rid of liabilities like Doyle and if anything will strengthen with one or two more such as a goalkeeper like Stockdale. Add to that MR's continuing development of the way we play will make us a favourite for next season. If you can't see that then you are questioning the whole process of what MR's has been doing that is bringing better times on the pitch.

NortonSkyBlue

We have an excellent academy system producing the goods like peas in a pod. We may lose Bayliss if anyone but we have another one of those!
Plus we have talent side lined long term all due back next season. We have strengthened with Meyler, got rid of liabilities like Doyle and if anything will strengthen with one or two more such as a goalkeeper like Stockdale. Add to that MR's continuing development of the way we play will make us a favourite for next season. If you can't see that then you are questioning the whole process of what MR's has been doing that is bringing better times on the pitch.
You mean the same Meyler who has done absolutely nothing since he has been at the club. You are looking in the tea leaves and coming up with assumptions based on nothing. Stockdale? where have you got that one from? yes wishful thinking.
You disparage a player as a liability, who captained us to promotion and by the way didn't pick himself for half this season.
It is less than a month ago since Robins was the shit on the bottom of the shoe yet he is bringing better times on the pitch?
The rest I agree with.

SkyBlueCRJ

I agree with riyadhskyblue I think that's wishful thinking. You're forgetting that MR has got a significant amount of work on his hands in the summer. IMO Burge, Davies, Willis will all go, Sterling, Bright, Meyler Thomas will obviously depart upon the expiration of their loans, there's always a question mark over Bayliss' future and fringe players such as LOB, Grimmer, Brown could also potentially leave due to lack of playing time. That's a lot of rebuilding to do to in a short space of time.

What talent do we have due back? The only two I can think of are JJ and Biamou. JJ will almost certainly not feature at all before January next season, and there are question marks whether Biamou can cope with the standards of League One, and equally could take a while getting up to speed.

I don't think anyone's questioning his process. He's done brilliantly in setting a foundation for bringing young blood into the squad in revolving door fashion. There are a lot of positives we can be pleased about in such bleak times. But his structure is not going to succeed overnight and I think you're guilty of sugar coating a lot of what has been achieved over the past 2 seasons and are failing to see the negatives.

Paxman II

You're right James...I don't see negatives.
We have a good young talented squad and a few loans. There is no suggestion we will see many departures. They have yet to prove themselves and even Bayliss may think twice about any step up yet simply to warm a bench.
What most do on here is see us through Sky Blue eyes. You think we are poor when we lose and so on. The realty is if you were an opposition fan you would se us as a fairly good side and quite possibly promotion candidates next season. Did Luton look that good?
I think MR's is correct in his assumption we are just a few tweaks away from a very good side with or without a Bayliss or Thomas.
Think positive, stop looking behind you and look in front. 7 points from the playoffs is it and the final pressure end of the season to come? Much can happen. You only have to look at Posh, Prtsmouth and now Doncaster to see how things can quickly evaporate. I don't expect a playoff place but think it's still a possibility if we get a nice run together again. But next season we will be stronger and better placed for a push.
As for Doyle he had become a liability, that's just fact. That's not disparaging anything he achieved before it. he's a Sky Blue legend.
And Robins as 'shit on the bottom of the shoe'. really? That's your Sky Blue blinkers talking. There are ups and downs but I never thought for a moment he would not be doing a good job and keep improving the squad, laying the foundations. You can't just judge on a few results not going your way. The table never lies, we are doing very well for a promoted club.

Grendel

Strange no other council ever thinks like they do

SkyBlueCRJ

You're right James...I don't see negatives.
We have a good young talented squad and a few loans. There is no suggestion we will see many departures. They have yet to prove themselves and even Bayliss may think twice about any step up yet simply to warm a bench.
What most do on here is see us through Sky Blue eyes. You think we are poor when we lose and so on. The realty is if you were an opposition fan you would se us as a fairly good side and quite possibly promotion candidates next season. Did Luton look that good?
I think MR's is correct in his assumption we are just a few tweaks away from a very good side with or without a Bayliss or Thomas.
Think positive, stop looking behind you and look in front. 7 points from the playoffs is it and the final pressure end of the season to come? Much can happen. You only have to look at Posh, Prtsmouth and now Doncaster to see how things can quickly evaporate. I don't expect a playoff place but think it's still a possibility if we get a nice run together again. But next season we will be stronger and better placed for a push.
As for Doyle he had become a liability, that's just fact. That's not disparaging anything he achieved before it. he's a Sky Blue legend.
And Robins as 'shit on the bottom of the shoe'. really? That's your Sky Blue blinkers talking. There are ups and downs but I never thought for a moment he would not be doing a good job and keep improving the squad, laying the foundations. You can't just judge on a few results not going your way. The table never lies, we are doing very well for a promoted club.

Very confused about your post. You've claimed I've said about 10 different things that I haven't?

SkyBlueCRJ

It was a generic reply James. Only the first line pertained to you. :)

No suggestion we'll see many departures? Putting Bayliss to one side I've just listed 10 players, 9 of those who are consistently in the match day 18, who either definitely won't be / are likely not to be in a CCFC shirt next season.

Paxman II

No suggestion we'll see many departures? Putting Bayliss to one side I've just listed 10 players, 9 of those who are consistently in the match day 18, who either definitely won't be / are likely not to be in a CCFC shirt next season.

You're making my point earlier for me James:
Every team will be in a similar position with 9 or 10 players coming or going. The core of the squad and the development is most important, something Robin's has got on the right path for success imho

Grendel

Every team will be in a similar position with 9 or 10 players coming or going. The core of the squad and the development is most important, something Robin's has got on the right path for success imho

What core squad players do we have that are of a promotion chasing level?

SkyBlueCRJ

Personally I disagree. Like you said the key to achieving promotion is having a core squad that have bedded in over several seasons, and of course a manager adding quality where needed. E.g. Accrington last season. But do we really qualify as having a core when nearly half of our Starting XI is set to leave in the summer?

Unless a manager has the budget to bring in a number of high quality players (e.g. Sunderland) a club more often than not isn't successful in achieving a top 6 finish when its squad is essentially re-hauled during a summer transfer window. Saying that there are plenty of examples of clubs who have had a difficult season after a squad turnover, despite having the budget to bring in several 'quality' additions. (E.g. Peterborough, Notts County, Mansfield last season). We neither have the budget or scouting system for this so without sounding too pessimistic I think you underestimate MR's job at hand in the summer.

Captain Dart

Manchester_sky_blue

I would hope that the likes of Morgan, Drysdale, Wakefield, Bremang, Walters, Allesani etc will be ready to step in to the first team next season, filling the gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread