That Wembley fact CWR spoke about (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Only 2 teams out of the entire 92 league clubs not been to Wembley since 1987. When you combine that with our lack of top 6 finish for god knows how many decades makes us the most down trodden fans in the land..............my parents moving down from Liverpool before I was born have so much to answer for!!!!!!!!

Grendel

Only 2 teams out of the entire 92 league clubs not been to Wembley since 1987. When you combine that with our lack of top 6 finish for god knows how many decades makes us the most down trodden fans in the land..............my parents moving down from Liverpool before I was born have so much to answer for!!!!!!!!

Well the lower you sink the better the chance of a Wembley appearance.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

How many have won the fa cup

crowsnest

its from Jim Browns column in the paper

the Sky Blues are one of only two teams in the top three divisions not to have played at either national stadium in those 30 years – the other being Fulham. There are also four current League Two clubs (Accrington, Crawley, Hartlepool & Barnet) who haven't been to either Wembley

Jim Brown's Journal

hill83

Sick of all this 'poor us' stuff. No top 6 for 45 years, and now this. Everyone you speak to mentions it like it's a badge of honour. Downtrodden 'sent to Coventry' personified.

Reactions: KG7

hutch1972

its from Jim Browns column in the paper

the Sky Blues are one of only two teams in the top three divisions not to have played at either national stadium in those 30 years – the other being Fulham. There are also four current League Two clubs (Accrington, Crawley, Hartlepool & Barnet) who haven't been to either Wembley

Jim Brown's Journal
While we're talking records , we are still the highest placed league club to be beaten by a non league team in the fa cup.
We really do need medals to follow this lot.

theferret

Sick of all this 'poor us' stuff. No top 6 for 45 years, and now this. Everyone you speak to mentions it like it's a badge of honour. Downtrodden 'sent to Coventry' personified.

To be fair, the no top 6 thing is pretty incredible. I try and avoid mentioning it, but when you get a whining Liverpool fan drone on about their lack of success, I do sometimes hit them with that and tell them to stop fucking moaning.

hill83

To be fair, the no top 6 thing is pretty incredible. I try and avoid mentioning it, but when you get a whining Liverpool fan drone on about their lack of success, I do sometimes hit them with that and tell them to stop fucking moaning.

So do I to be fair.

bringbackrattles

Another Cov City stat: Coventry City have played in more divisions than any other league club.Premier,Championship, all four in the pre-1992 Football League,and both regional sections of Division Three. Don't know whether that makes me feel proud,or bloody ashamed !

covcity4life

everything happens for a reason but its interesting to think how different your football life would be had your parents stayed in liverpool!

skybluesam66

lets think of some good things like
100% home record in europe
100% success in major cup finals
1st ever leaders of the premier league
Longest unbeaten run in the first season of the premier league

Users who are viewing this thread