That spontanious applause V Bristol City about 52mins ....... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

....I was woken up by an applause all around the ground, which seemed to be initiated by something the Bristol City fans chanted. I didn't join in with it because I felt stupid that I was the only person in the vast crowd who'd missed something obvious . What was it about ?

Skybluechick

a supporter of theirs young bloke died from cancer and his funeral was sat morning n they travelled up after, it was for him alot had white tshirts with his pic on

SkyBlue_Bear83

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Fittin...ct-life-long/story-23013191-detail/story.html

What I read on another forum from a Bristol City fan

There was a lot more to Mark than giving the team a bolllocking last year Joe.

For those of us old enough to remember the days of 'firms' and 'generals', he was ours but he was also a compassionate man. As a youngster in those days, he always made sure we were ok but he had a darker side.
He was the fella that led nigh on 1000 lads into Bermondsey in the 80's so he was, by no means, a shrinking violet. A mans man would be a good description of our Divvy. He hated the gas with a massive passion and showed it. Bear in mind, when he told the team a few home truths, he was wearing a t shirt with CSF on it. As a young 'un in those days, the CSF were the 'animals' and Divvy was at the top of the tree!
His story will go down in fokelore, as it should, because he found solace in the arms of a sworn enemy from those days, a rovers fan that, like Divvy, spent time at her majesties pleasure, but sorted himself right out. The two of them have become a beacon that stands for friendship rather than those dark days. The rovers supporter, Dave Jeal became a pastor and actually led the service at Divvy's funeral on Friday.
Nigh on 1000 people, myself included, were there including a few old rovers 'lads'.
In my mind, his memory should be of what he became, rather than what he was. He shouldn't be remembered as a thug but remembered as the fan that changed our club by saying, to the team, what we all thought, and our supporter of the year rather than the old school leader.
I had the pleasure of Divvy's company many a time and I loved the bloke TBH.
God bless him.

Users who are viewing this thread