That Moldovan goal in the Cup v The Villa 1998 (1 Viewer)

Black6Osprey

What a great day I remember it like it was yesterday. We had the whole of that end and the lower tier going half way up the left side and out sang them for the whole game. I thought George Boateng was one of best players in that period. Old Moldy couldn't really miss could he.

Black6Osprey

Do you have his miss away to sheff utd to make it 2-0

Jesus how he missed that chance I will never know. Mind you Telfer was lucky with his goal as I think it hit the new turf that had been layed in the six yard box and bounced over the keepers arm. I always blamed Roland for his shit control which led to the corner that they equalised from in the last couple of minutes of the game. I think we would have beat Newcastle in the semi that year as we were playing well at the time.

Last edited:

JulianDarbyFTW

I had to sit in the Villa end for that one. The stewards had to form a ring of protection round me when Moldovan scored. One of my other away days to Villa Park was when Savo and Collymore were their front 2. We sang 'If you all shagged Ulrika clap your hands' to goad Stan. Collymore simply turned round, raised his hands above his head, and clapped.

Users who are viewing this thread