That couple who booked the wrong Birmingham Flight (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
So they paid a lot less than they would as they booked it from the wrong Birmingham.

Now they have been given a free trip, very clever ;)

But now Virgin Holidays has stepped in to offer the embarrassed couple free flights and a five-night stay in Vegas.Kelly Grindle, from Virgin Holidays, told the Coventry Telegraph, said: “We read your article about the couple who booked flights to Las Vegas from the wrong airport and we’d like to right that wrong.
“We can offer flights from Manchester direct to Las Vegas for them - not quite Birmingham, but better than Alabama.”

Well played! I knew there was a reason they ran to the press about their own stupidity.

CJ_covblaze

I can't believe that someone would book from the wrong Birmingham. How stupid could somebody be?

Nick

Administrator
I can't believe that someone would book from the wrong Birmingham. How stupid could somebody be?

Or they could be very clever :) Why else would they go to the press about it?

Who thinks, "I know, I have just been an absolute tool and made a schoolboy error. I'll tell the newspaper".

chiefdave

You can't fly direct to Vegas from Birmingham can you? I don't know how you can do this accidentally. I can see someone making a mistake on dates or something like that but this is just odd.

If nothing else an internal flight would have been far cheaper, that would set alarm bells off for me.

Terry Gibson's perm

if I had done something do stupid the last place I would go is the press they have got what they wanted a free holiday, would be better if they turned up and virgin said only joking and filmed all the tears.

Terry Gibson's perm

This sort of stuff drives me crazy did they not think the flight was a bit short, they will be on some celebrity tv show soon as the arseholes that booked a wrong flight.

Sky_Blue_Daz

This sort of stuff drives me crazy did they not think the flight was a bit short, they will be on some celebrity tv show soon as the arseholes that booked a wrong flight.
This year on channel 5
Celebrity fuckwits presented by Jonathan "my mates Robbie Williams" Wilkes

ajsccfc

The story wouldn't have been complete without the classic photo of people looking glum next to a prop

ad_204294155.jpg

Nick

Administrator
The story wouldn't have been complete without the classic photo of people looking glum next to a prop

To be fair, if I had done that the missus would have gone mental. I doubt she would have posed in a photo for the paper with me looking like a dickhead.

I still think staged!

dancers lance

This story reminds me of when my sister was working for a local newspaper, as soon as December hit they would always get a good few calls from people who had been 'burgled' ahem......and all of the kids Christmas presents had been stolen from under the tree and they would never be insured. They would pick a few to do a story on and visit them at home to get the story and take the 'sad faced family photo next to the shabby looking Xmas tree, sans presents)

The funny thing was, most of these people were in local authority housing and unemployed, however, when they listed all of the gifts that had been stolen it was always Playstations, Xbox's, Ipads, 50" 3D TV's, Iphones, that years most popular toys etc.

Users who are viewing this thread