Thank god (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

We wasn't playing Man City 9-0 phew thats a thrashing ...lets hope it don't affect them too much ha ha

Paul Anthony

In all seriousness, tough as it will be they've got to forget the score tonight and focus on the positive of how we'll they've done to get to a league Cup semi final.

Covstu

How do you play the second leg, put out a decent side to get a draw or a win for pride or play kids knowing your out? Clearly city won’t be breaking sweat

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We wasn't playing Man City 9-0 phew thats a thrashing ...lets hope it don't affect them too much ha ha
We'd have held them to a draw and walloped them back at our place, wherever that is.

Paul Anthony

How do you play the second leg, put out a decent side to get a draw or a win for pride or play kids knowing your out? Clearly city won’t be breaking sweat

I guess if I was Clough I'd be tempted to make changes, save as many first team players for league games. No point risking them getting injured for a lost cause, surely? Then again, I suppose you have to think about if that sends a message to the players involved tonight.

Nick

Administrator
At least they didn't play a load of kids not bothered. Fair play

Bet the burton fans wish they got stuck on the m6

Terry_dactyl

So when Spurs beat Wigan 9-1, or Middlesbrough beat Man City 8-0 in the premier league was that also signs of how fucked up football has become?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think palace lost 9-0 to Liverpool the year they got to the fa cup final...beating Liverpool in the semi-final.

covboy1987

We got beat 6-1 by Bayern Munich a great team at the time many years ago in the first leg - beat them 2-1 at Highfield Road in the return - everyone forgot about the first leg when we won 2-1 we were on top of the world

Otis

We got beat 6-1 by Bayern Munich a great team at the time many years ago in the first leg - beat them 2-1 at Highfield Road in the return - everyone forgot about the first leg when we won 2-1 we were on top of the world
Hmm.... have to disagree.

I was quite young and was so disheartened by the 6-1 away leg, couldn't bring myself to go and watch the 2nd leg at all.

Otis

Really? Don't recall O'Rourke going in goal.

Eric McManus wasn't it at the start? Did he get injured in the game then?

hill83

Never been a cup person anyway but this makes me even more convinced I’d rather not bother with them at all and just concentrate on the league.*

*unless we get to Wembley

covcity4life

Man city are sensational! we are very lucky pep came to our country. sublime football. one day maybe our sky blues will play like that lol

well done burton for making semis though

i was rooting for a 10th goal mind

Warwickhunt

At least they didn't play a load of kids not bothered. Fair play

Bet the burton fans wish they got stuck on the m6
what about the ones that did and rolled up 5 minutes before the end of the half! Harsh!

Kneeza

And it rained all night in Munich and Eric Mcmanus was made of rice paper at that particular point of his career.
Always was. Couldn't hold a candle to Bill.
The second leg was fantastic. One I'll never forget attending.
Trakia Plovdiv on the other hand... Trakia Plovdiv? Who are they? ;)

Magwitch

And it rained all night in Munich and Eric Mcmanus was made of rice paper at that particular point of his career.
McManus was the reserve goalie I don’t think he had played a first team game first team keeper Bill Glazier if I remember correct burnt a hand cooking and had to miss the game, not sure how many if any goals were keeper mistakes but we were playing a team soon to be the best in Europe if not the world with world superstars like Franz Beckenbaur and Gerd Muller. Poor old McManus’s next game on the Saturday I’m sure was Arsenal at HR who went on to win the double that year and he had a mare in a 1-3 loss. Didn’t do his city career with the supporters any good at all and soon moved on to Notts County and did well played for them for years. I’m not 100% sure but he might have been the Lincoln goalkeeper when they played Bradford City when the stand fire tragedy happened.

Last edited:

Covstu

Pep getting it in the neck for the score line! Can’t fucking do anything right without some twat moaning. Klopp gets criticised for playing an under strength team against wolves, pep plays his full team and gets told off he was trying to embarrass Burton! So it’s better to take the foot off the gas at 4 and showboat to take the piss?

Anything to pull a story out these days

Users who are viewing this thread