Tevez seeks City departure (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Manchester-City-homecoming-FA-Cup-Open-Top-ce_2600463.jpg

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has declared that he wants to leave the club this summer but has asked for the fans' understanding.

The Argentina international submitted a transfer request in December, before quickly performing a dramatic U-turn and pledging his commitment to the club following clear-the-air talks.

His long-term future remained the subject of intense speculation but manager Roberto Mancini always expressed confidence that he would stay.

Mancini stated over the weekend that he planned to keep Tevez after a proposed swap deal with Inter Milan for Samuel Eto'o fell through.

City's FA Cup success and UEFA Champions League qualification also appeared to boost their chances of holding on to the 27-year-old, but the reasons for his decision are more personal.

He wishes the club well and has enjoyed being part of their success, but does not feel he can carry on with his family circumstances the way they are.
"It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club," he said in a statement.

"I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheikh Mansour, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

Disorganised1

Looks like Jarni all over again

Marty

They done a little feature on him yesturday on SSN, says he has to take his translator with him everywhere he goes, he can't go and enjoy films or go out for a meal as he doesn't speak English, hes played in this country for 5-6 years now, maybe if he bothered to do something like learn the language he would fit in better and be able to do things that take his mind of missing his family, or he could do the amazingly simple thing of moving his family to the UK. Tevez hasn't made the effort so i have no sympathy for him at all. Hes gone right down in my estimation.

They done a little feature on him yesturday on SSN, says he has to take his translator with him everywhere he goes, he can't go and enjoy films or go out for a meal as he doesn't speak English, hes played in this country for 5-6 years now, maybe if he bothered to do something like learn the language he would fit in better and be able to do things that take his mind of missing his family, or he could do the amazingly simple thing of moving his family to the UK. Tevez hasn't made the effort so i have no sympathy for him at all. Hes gone right down in my estimation.

He has actually split with his wife as she won't stay here and has taken the kids. I can't blame the guy for wanting to be with his kids.

Marty

He has actually split with his wife as she won't stay here and has taken the kids. I can't blame the guy for wanting to be with his kids.

Didn't know he had split with his wife so that puts a different spin on it.

Users who are viewing this thread