Tevez refuses to play (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

carlostevez2112.jpg

Carlos Tevez may have played his last game for Manchester City after refusing to play when manager Roberto Mancini told him to come on as a substitute during their 2-0 defeat by Bayern Munich in the Champions League, Mancini said on Tuesday.

Mancini wanted to bring the Argentina striker off the bench in the second half as City was trying to recover from 2-0 down but Tevez declined, incurring the anger of the Italian manager.

Mancini went on to tell reporters that as far as he was concerned, Tevez was "finished" and would never play for City again.

"If I have my way he will be out of the club," Mancini said, adding that he would discuss the situation with the club's Abi Dhabu. He said he would leave the decision on
Tevez up to them.

Mancini, looking visibly shocked, later told a news conference: "
I am really disappointed because it is Carlos."

"This can't happen in a top club - to refuse to go in to help his teammates. What I said to Carlos is between me, him and the team."

"But if we want to improve as team Carlos can't play with us. With me, he is finished."
Tevez captained City last season and lifted the FA Cup for the club in May - City's first major trophy since 1976.

The 27-year-old striker had asked to leave the club in January and again pushed for a transfer during the off-season to be closer to his family in Argentina, but no club met City's reported 50-million-Pound asking price for the Argentina international.
Asked about Mancini's threat not to play him again, Tevez told Sky Sports through a translator: "That's a decision for him to make."

"I've been a professional during all my time here. Last season I was the best scorer. I have said I wanted to leave for family reasons but I keep trying to do my best."

Carlos Tevez :jerkit:

AngryAnt

Surely he's in breach of contract?
If thats the case then there's bound to be repercussions in the sense of Man City wanting their money.

Frankly after refusing to play a player shouldn't be offered a club ever again, disgraceful and big headed. 90% of players haven't seen the real world and don't know just how lucky they are to be on a fraction of what Tevez is on. Hope he gets what he deserves.

wingy

Should be made to buy his own contract out at City's valuation ,does'nt help when Kia Joorbichan represents him ,how are people like that allowed to opperate within the game

Kuklinski

I've read Mancini saying it is up to the clubs owners now, but as far as he is concerned Tevez will never play for City again, and quite rightly so. Mancini must stay strong on this and not back down if Mansoor attempts to heal the rift, you cannot have players refusing to play.

City with their wealth are in a position to let him rot in the stands if they don't get the price they feel he is worth, and I'd be happy to never see him kick a ball again. It even caused friction on the bench with at least one player appearing to have words with him.

How City and Mancini handle this from here is going to impact hugely on the long term future of the club, they cannot dither and firm action must be taken. There can only be one winner in situations like this, but I just hope the Abu Dhabi group don't try and interfere, let Mancini get his way on this otherwise they are sending out totally the wrong message.

TheHellion

A professional footballer is someone who is supposed to be a role model. Young kids who want to get into the game are always going to look up to the big name stars of football as the example. So what kind of example does this set to anybody who looks up to him as a role model for their club? There can be no defence for what he's done. If anybody refuses to do a job that they are contracted to do, they should be sacked. Why should a footballer be any different in that respect to an everyday working man or woman? If there is any common sense left in football, then it will be a long time before he goes and plays any kind of football on a professional level again. If that is his attitude, then he doesn't deserve the money he's earning. There are many charitable causes that are much more worthy of that money.

All he did last night was ruin his own reputation, and inflict more damage on a sport whose reputation is already tarnished by so many other things.

Sub

should send him to coventry to teach him a lesson (and score some goals for us) ;););)

CovInEssex

should send him to coventry to teach him a lesson (and score some goals for us) ;););)

He doesn't deserve it that bad!! ;)

Man City have no class do they, im almost certain the biggest discussion in the changing room is who has the most money. The incident with Balleti(?) pre-season and now this. What a joke.

Covstu

i thought they would have learnt at pre season when he states that Manchester was a shit hole and wanted out to Corinthians! The guy should be banned but man city could still get £30-40M for him so why would they give that up!!

Sub

just another sign the game has gone wrong to much money and players can do what they want.

TheHellion

This situation is wrong, of course it is. But I can't help looking back at it after it's happened now and thinking just how much of this Man City have brought upon themselves. They've gone out and spent a lot of money on some very good players, but in so doing they also seem to have spent big money on some of the sports biggest egos. It's not just Tevez. It's Dzeko, it's Ballotelli, there are probably others as well that are brewing up in their somewhere. Now, I can't see how one team can possibly squeeze so many oversized egos into one team. And I don't agree with what these players have done, refusing to play, or throwing a strop when they come off or whatever, but if you spend big money on players, then you run the risk of having this kind of ego that goes with it. It's what money does to them apparently. As wages increase, footballers seem to be getting more and more self centred. You can spend all the money you want on good players, but if you're going to build a good squad, you've got to be careful about what you spend that money on, otherwise things like this are more likely to happen. That said, The behaviour of Tevez is an absolute disgrace, and certainly some of the games past legends would be horrified of that kind of attitude I would have thought.

LastGarrison

For anyone who didn't see it, fair play to Souness!!

[video=youtube;SSAC14bAnNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSAC14bAnNU[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread