Terry yorath talking about "that match" (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
Terry Yorath was on Talk Sport with keys & Gray, he was chatting about the Bristol City/Coventry match when Sunderland got relegated. He said Gordon Milne told him that They had lost 2-0 at Everton and to ask Bristol to ease up. Can't remember the centre back (either bruce, pallister or Butcher!) anyhow, terry told him was okay but he didn't believe him until the score was flashed up on the screen. Both teams then played keep ball and pass back to the keeper for last 10-15 minutes, Ref was a bit nervous and unsure but couldn't do anything about it. They held an investigation after and found no law had been broken.
I assume they decided Sunderland were shit and that is the reason they went down.

EleanorRigby

The kick-off for the Cov. v Bristol match was delayed by police due to the large contingent of Bristol City supporters outside the kop end trying to get in. I was at that match and i think the official attendance was about 35000 but the number of Bristol fans were atleast 15000. I always suspected a good wack was taken off the total gate which i would guess at 45000

Otis

Do you think if our lot told the Bristol players during this game coming up that they were safe they would let us win?

Worth a try .... though that of course in turn that could well send Sunderland down from the Premiership.

Users who are viewing this thread