Temporary Subs (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surely a player going on and then back off to the bench is going to increase the risk of injury?

Yeah. Although any player coming on should be ready and warmed up what if the temp sub goes down with a muscle injury while the original player is off? Can we then take the temp sub off for another temp sub even though he's not possibly got concussion? If it happens towards the end of a game can we bring on a different type of player if we need a goal/don't want to concede? If we bring a striker on as a temp sub looking for a goal and get it, can that player then fake an injury to be taken off for a defender?

Otis

The tactical use of this will be interesting.
Yup. Can see a few fake fuzzy heads happening. By a strange coincidence I think it will be players who have not been playing well, or who are in danger of being sent off.

Covstu

I kind of get it but teams will take the piss so where do you draw the line. You can see the Italians, Spanish etc milking this one

chiefdave

Why do they always bring these things in major finals rather than giving them a few seasons in league football.

Unless they are going to be independent assessed, and even then it largely relies on what you say to the doctor, this will be manipulated.

ajsccfc

I assume it'll be independent and you'll inevitably get some kind of furore when a manager rages that a star player is being withdrawn against their wishes rather than being allowed to get on with it, but anything that takes concussions seriously is a good move as far as I'm concerned.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah, which doctor?

Nah I think they'll go with Western medicine rather than voodoo. All that chicken blood on the pitch would surely be a health hazard.

Could be useful if he made a poppet of the opposition keeper and stuck a pin in it every time they went to make a save (cue jokes about that already happening when Burge was here)

Users who are viewing this thread