Tell me why he should keep his job? (1 Viewer)

edgy

Apart from the usual 'changing manager doesn't work'. What has he achieved?

PVA

Because changing manager doesn't work, on the whole.

I shall refer you to a post of yours from 7/1/16. Just a few months ago.

Very much the best manager in recent years but I'm beginning to think that the owners must be allowing him more funds this term.

Fickle much?

Football as a whole is so fickle these days and you've just summed it up, pathetic.

edgy

PVA, could you have predicted 4 wins on 20? This isn't being fickle. It just isn't good enough, plain and simple.

SkyBlueRuffian

I don't think he should go, he's the best manager we've had for a while, but really needs to start making the right decisions.

PVA

PVA, could you have predicted 4 wins on 20? This isn't being fickle. It just isn't good enough, plain and simple.

No of course not, no one could.

But I wouldn't be fickle enough to call for a manager to be sacked a few months after claiming him to be the best we've had for years.

Sterling Archer

I'm personally a bit bored of sacking managers all the time, would like to see someone actually get the time to create something. Someone mentioned Dean Smith as a replacement for him on another thread, who I believe took 3 seasons to make Walsall into the side they are today that he left and that included a 19th placed finish.

Plus I'd rather keep him and use the funds we save from not sacking him, to improve the squad players wise.

edgy

No of course not, no one could.

But I wouldn't be fickle enough to call for a manager to be sacked a few months after claiming him to be the best we've had for years.

What a brilliant human being you are then, well done.

"Fan gets annoyed with manager royaly fucking up promotion chance. What a shock."

Samo

Can't defend him any longer.

covmark

Not sure I buy this 'better squad'. It's a squad made up of uproven kids and ageing has-beens. Really not sure it's all that.
Yeah, I'm with this. Can't see that it's a better squad at all, but tbh most of it is of Mowbrays choice. Cole, Hunt and Fortune have not done the job.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

oucho

I'll defend him if we get to 66 points - that's higher than our three previous points totals in this league (65 in 2012/13, before 10 were deducted). That would represent a league high for us. Same goes for finishing tenth or above. We'd have finsihed 11th in L1 in our first year down had it not been for the deduction - the next season it would have been 12th.

So if we get 66+ points and finish tenth or better, that's progress for me.

Hobo

Tell me why some of these players should be paid? And don't blame the manager.

PVA

What a brilliant human being you are then, well done.

"Fan gets annoyed with manager royaly fucking up promotion chance. What a shock."

How do you know it's the manager fucking it up? I'm sure he doesn't tell them to go out and play like complete retards. Especially as he's 'the best we've had in recent years'.

This is much more on the players than it is the manager

JulianDarbyFTW

I think we should give the guy a break. Are we disappointed with the way the season has gone? Of course. Was the start of the season better than most of us expected? Certainly.

Take a moment to cast your minds back to last season. To the continual dross of Pressley, with football that was all about passing sideways until A.N.Other tripped over and gave away a chance. To the 437 new signings that have since gone on to achieve pretty much nothing. If you were told we'd be 8 points off the play-offs and clear of relegation with 10 games to go a season later, would you be happy? I'd hazard a guess that most would be.

Mowbray may not be the messiah, but he is a good manager. He's proved that already. The wheels have come off for one reason or another, but imho he deserves another season to screw them back on.

edgy

How do you know it's the manager fucking it up? I'm sure he doesn't tell them to go out and play like complete retards. Especially as he's 'the best we've had in recent years'.

This is much more on the players than it is the manager

Who's players are they? Who sets the team up? Who plays players out of position consistently? Who makes baffling substitutions? Who consistently changed a and tinkered with the 3 players behind Armstrong?

Stop making excuses. He's failed.

Covstu

I think we should give the guy a break. Are we disappointed with the way the season has gone? Of course. Was the start of the season better than most of us expected? Certainly.

Take a moment to cast your minds back to last season. To the continual dross of Pressley, with football that was all about passing sideways until A.N.Other tripped over and gave away a chance. To the 437 new signings that have since gone on to achieve pretty much nothing. If you were told we'd be 8 points off the play-offs and clear of relegation with 10 games to go a season later, would you be happy? I'd hazard a guess that most would be.

Mowbray may not be the messiah, but he is a good manager. He's proved that already. The wheels have come off for one reason or another, but imho he deserves another season to screw them back on.
Another manager who was god one minute and useless the next...

PVA

Well said.

People seem to forget that we were minutes away from being relegated to League f**king Two last season.

Users who are viewing this thread