Telegraph Piece - Big Offseason for Mowbray (1 Viewer)

oucho

Not a big fan of the CT opinion pieces - they feel like padding on slow news days. There's nothing there that any City fan couldn't have written. In the mind of a City fan, the next game is always the biggest game, the next season always the biggest season, etc.

Otis

Not a big fan of the CT opinion pieces - they feel like padding on slow news days. There's nothing there that any City fan couldn't have written. In the mind of a City fan, the next game is always the biggest game, the next season always the biggest season, etc.
It is just a fans opinion though isn't it.

I quite like them to be honest. Better than the CT viewpoint.

oucho

Do you have a beef with the CT? Always found them very fair TBH.

christonabike

Talking about beef do wholesale meets still exist not heard a advert on the wireless for a while?

Otis

Do you have a beef with the CT? Always found them very fair TBH.
Nope, no beef at all. Just find them a bit fence sitty.

I like the fans' viewpoint because they pull no punches.

Last edited:

Gazolba

'Off season' can be taken two ways. Maybe at the end of the season he will be off.

wingy

I'm not a fan of the American influence of our language. Offseason, Overtime.
What happened to Closed Season and Injury time.

Gazolba

I'm not a fan of the American influence of our language. Offseason, Overtime.
What happened to Closed Season and Injury time.

If you research, you'll find that many so-called American expressions are actually English in origin and older than the expressions we use. I don't know about your two examples though. Injury Time is not really accurate because it is often due to time-wasting, I'd go with Extra Time..

covcity4life

wba and mboro still use mowbray players. i imagine we will slowly build a good permanet squad under mowbray and next year challenge longer for top 2

Users who are viewing this thread