Teams won't look forward to playing Coventry next season (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

2 big pacey wingers that look like they are going to get goals too, pacey fullbacks, little tough magician in midfield, Liam Kelly holding, 2 fantastic centre halves one tough bastard with a wand of a foot and one that reads the game like a book.

Teams won't be looking forward to playing us, we will bully them

A style of football that can have teams chasing the ball for long periods

So excited for the season it's unreal, a couple more additions and we have to be serious contenders

Ricketts

2 big pacey wingers, pacey fullbacks, little tough magician in midfield, Liam Kelly holding, 2 fantastic centre halves one tough bastard with a wand of a foot and one that reads the game like a book.

Teams won't be looking forward to playing us, we will bully them

So excited for the season it's unreal, a couple more additions and we have to be serious contenders
I am full of optimism for this season. Just hoping it lasts past the first week!

covcity4life

If we get bright i will put money on us winning the league

Do we need 1 more RB? Or is pask good enough in that position?

Also can mcallum hack it in more games this season? Time will tell

Sky Blue Harry H

What did seem apparent yesterday was that Allen seemed to be the type of player who would/could keep providing plenty of service to the wingers, The more those 2 are involved, you suspect it will be good for us. Should be good for counter attacking at pace, too.

Evo1883

I think pask will start for us at rb, just my opinion of course, needs game time looked a tad unfit for me, massive player, seriously tall

Evo1883

What did seem apparent yesterday was that Allen seemed to be the type of player who would/could keep providing plenty of service to the wingers, The more those 2 are involved, you suspect it will be good for us. Should be good for counter attacking at pace, too.

Always looked for the ball through the middle too, quick turn of pace also.. Really liked him

Sky Blue Harry H

Also thought that, although they might attract a few fouls, I can see a few teams picking up yellow/red cards against them, as they will do a lot of defenders for pace

Evo1883

Can see kastaneer and jobello getting 20/25 goals between them, always coming inside for the follow ups and crosses, looked dangerous

Marty

I thought Pask looked the better of the two right backs that played yesterday.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think pask will start for us at rb, just my opinion of course, needs game time looked a tad unfit for me, massive player, seriously tall

Yep - when he scored, he was right by us and I temporarily thought it was one of the wingers, due to his size!

Evo1883

I have to be honest, I felt a bit for Leamington yesterday, I know it's a friendly but they were seriously outclassed yesterday and chased the ball for pretty much the whole match.

Normally against Nuneaton we still look uncomfortable so early in pre season

If kastaneer and jobello played 90 I have no doubt it would have been 6 or more

Marty

Tbats good

My only worry is hes a cb by trade so mignt be like willis. Good defensivly but nothing going forward

In all fairness he dealt with the little he had to do defensively very well, but he looked good going forward, was on the overlap, made a late run into the box for his goal too, Eager to get forward and join the attack, Looked an exciting prospect.

Evo1883

In all fairness he dealt with the little he had to do defensively very well, but he looked good going forward, was on the overlap, made a late run into the box for his goal too, Eager to get forward and join the attack, Looked an exciting prospect.

The team looks an exciting prospect to be fair

Evo1883

If we add Bright, and a real finisher up front, you may as well just hand us the league title now.

Id be disappointed if we didnt hit top 2

Going from what I saw last season in the league, I can't see many teams dealing with us, just have to be consistent

Marty

Id be disappointed if we didnt hit top 2

Going from what I saw last season in the league, I can't see many teams dealing with us, just have to be consistent

We have every chance, Peterborough, Rotherham and Portsmouth look strong, but when we move the ball around like we do, not a single team in this league can cope with it. Just Bright and a real goalscorer short, Like you say, if we get the consistency, no reason we shouldn't be going up.

Evo1883

Who played middle of front 3 in both halves? Chaplin and then baka/max? How did they get on?

I have to be honest, I thought Chaplin had a decent first half and I thought baka was a tad off the pace and a bit sloppy.

Hiwula and biamou are the best options for me until a new striker is here tbh

Marty

Who played middle of front 3 in both halves? Chaplin and then baka/max? How did they get on?

Shipley & Bayliss. Shipley played well and looked better then Bayliss, Bayliss went down awkwardly on his wrist that he broke last season and looked in a lot of pain. Chaplin looked good without really threatening, had a chance that he should have hit first time from a cross, but he took a touch and lost the chance, Baka was Baka, and Biamou was Biamou, took his penalty well.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have to say, this is the first season for a very long time that I've felt really optimistic about the months ahead. Even though we no longer play at the Ricoh, things just seem to be looking up. I'd like to thank St Andrews for allowing us to ground share. At least it's a good sized ground, unlike Sexfields. (not a typo!!) I just hope Sisu can see just what a great team and fan base that we have and really started to work at finding our own stadium.

Cavan O'Doherty

I think we need to reserve judgement until the first game of the season. Players like Jobello and Kastaneer are unknown quantities, and can only be judged against higher quality opposition than Leamington. These types of players are exciting, but are also a big gamble compared to players like Allen and McFadzean who are proven in this league.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think we need to reserve judgement until the first game of the season. Players like Jobello and Kastaneer are unknown quantities, and can only be judged against higher quality opposition than Leamington. These types of players are exciting, but are also a big gamble compared to players like Allen and McFadzean who are proven in this league.

I see what you’re trying to say, but they have played their careers at a higher level than League 1 and have got good pedigree representing their countries at age-group level.

Whether they work out or not, these are the kind of players we want to bring in.

Mucca Mad Boys

It was refreshing to see Jobello beat the full back on the outside and get crosses in. With left and right, it's old school but provided a couple of goals. Barely recall luke Thomas doing that last season.

Thomas has got a lot of potential, but at times was v one dimensional, relying on cutting in on his left foot. Missed a lot of chances and was generally indecisive, yet despite this, one our greatest threats last season. Which I’m sure he’ll improve as he gets more experience.

As for Jobello and Kastaneer, look very good players. But, as others have said, it was only against Leamington and let’s see how they adapt to the league campaign.

Hobo

Pre season games is about getting minutes into legs. Games like Leamington rarely tell you much about the coming season. Even the first four League games can be deceiving.

Users who are viewing this thread