team for orient (maybe we might show up for once?) (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

we need a reaction and fast

556465_Coventry_City.jpg

Otis

Henderson I think came here totally unfit.

Hoping he is now up to speed.

Sounds like a fair few need dropping from last night. Hopefully we will have Bailey back. Take Ball out and drop Clarke and that will be 3 changes straight away.

Black6Osprey

You can reinvent this team as much you like but which ever way you spin it we have too many shit players to make it any good.

Having said that we should still be able to give Orient a game.

Otis

Wondering if MR might keep Jennings in, bring in Bailey for Ball and play 5 in the midfield and just 1 upfront (McGoldrick).

aodea

on this wednesday morning i cant face thinking about Orient yet. i genuienly would like him to drop 8 players from last night. Keep Murphy, Wood and McGoldrick. everyone else drop and play someone new. By friday ill have convinced myself again that we have good players and cant see how we would lose to Orient. sat ill be optimistic and then Sunday ill be depressed again.

I have the worst feeling in my stomach today. The manner of the defeat last night has crushed me and is taking its time to leave.

Black6Osprey

You could be right. It seems every time McDonald comes on for his 10 - 20 mins spell, Robins then comments how he did well and got into good positions etc and then doesn't play him the next game, so yeah 1 up top against the mighty Leyton Orient here we come.

skybluejelly

i really hope mcsheffery finaly comes good this season...we are severely lacking down the wings...i am even looking forward to bell being fit..utterly demoralising last night just like saturday no urgency to reach balls ,no outlet for players when they do have the ball..

surley cody deserves a start we look a different team when he comes on ,how many times do you see him and goldie calling for the ball to be played into the space in front of them and instead of that it is passed sideways then eventually back to murphy to wack it up the field

NickB

It's been noted a few times already that McGoldrick may be too selfish and I think Robbins has to think carefully how he plays him to get the best out of him. Either he's said or Robins has instructed them (Murphy/Cameron/Wood) not to boot it long to McGoldrick as 90% of the clearances went towards Ball (of which he won zero) and even when McDonald came on they still wouldn't aim for McGoldrick (despite the size difference), which to me seems baffling... hopefully not something he's insisting on doing.

covcity4life

too selfish? you mean hes brave enough to try stuff

robins wont dislike that, its what hes trying to get other players to do.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Either way they will most likely be shite

----------------Murphy
Christie--Edjenguele---Wood--Kilbane
Baker---Bailey--------Moussa----Fleck
--------Mcgoldrick--Mcdonald

I would take a 0-0 and a clean sheet at the moment

JHarding1987

on this wednesday morning i cant face thinking about Orient yet. i genuienly would like him to drop 8 players from last night. Keep Murphy, Wood and McGoldrick. everyone else drop and play someone new. By friday ill have convinced myself again that we have good players and cant see how we would lose to Orient. sat ill be optimistic and then Sunday ill be depressed again.

I have the worst feeling in my stomach today. The manner of the defeat last night has crushed me and is taking its time to leave.

This is exactly how I feel. Last night and this morning vowed I would spend the afternoon playing with my son, not watching SSN or listening on radio as fed up of feeling depressed, angry and sad about Cov. However, I know that by Friday to these feelings of despair will dissipate, replaced with optimism, then most likely for that optimism to be replaced by anger, despair, frustration and sadness once again. I actually hate the players for the way my weekends and nights are being ruined. I hate them for having to tell my little boy that once again City have lost. To see that joy in his face when I told him we were 1-0 up, then to the see his face this morning when I told him we had lost. I, for the first time hate most of the players. I've just realised this. I mean I hated Bellend and Kyle, one-offs each season, but this is much worse. I don't think they give a monkeys. Robins can only do so much. It is the players.

Users who are viewing this thread