Team for Notts County (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

Given injuries etc what would people's first xi be for Notts County. not blessed with options but I would go back to 4-4-2 and name a strong looking team.

Burge
Willis RB
Martin CB
Pennington CB
Johnson LB
Ward CM
Fleck CM
O'Brien RM
Odelusi LM
Nouble CF
Tudguy CF (if it if not Jackson).

Subs: Reice Cook, Stokes, Haynes, Phillips, C.Thomas, Maddison, Jackson or if Tudguy not fit Prosch as opposed to young George.

Tricky one really.

Otis

Don't think Tudgay is going to be fit.

It said out for 2 weeks and the 2 weeks will just have about been up I think next week, but I can't see us just throwing him back into the side like that.

I don't like Willis at right back at all. He makes us stronger defence wise down the right hand side, but adds absolutely nothing anywhere else on the pitch. For me Martin can be a bit of a liability, so I would rather move Willis to centre back and put Phillips back in at right back.

It's going to be a tough call on Monday, cause I thought Odelusi was simply dreadful on Wednesday night, but we are now running a little bit out of options . I guess we could play Turgott on the wing and play Odelusi just behind Nouble.

stupot07

Completely agree Otis. Very tough call.

Can we really rely on Johnson after just 45 mins of U21's?

I'd definitely bring phillips in, haven't got a scooby of who I'd play with nouble, as Tudguy's I almost certainly injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I'd definitely bring phillips in, haven't got a scooby of who I'd play with nouble, as Tudguy's I almost certainly injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Could we maybe bring Conor Thomas in and play 5 in midfield, with Nouble up front by himself? Just putting it out there, but JOB has a tendency to drift all over the place and pull out of position, so maybe he could have a freer role in the hole between Nouble and the midfield.

Obvious downside of that though could be less bodies into the opposition box.

Terry Gibson's perm

Probably can't rely on Johnson but may as well play him as he is going to get injured doing the washing up so may as well get injured on the pitch.

Burge
Phillips
Johnson
Willis
Pennington
Ward
Fleck
Connor Thomas
O'Brien
Odelusi
Nouble

Try to swamp the midfield they will be under pressure to score and we can break away at pace if we keep the ball away from Fleck.

Terry Gibson's perm

Could we maybe bring Conor Thomas in and play 5 in midfield, with Nouble up front by himself? Just putting it out there, but JOB has a tendency to drift all over the place and pull out of position, so maybe he could have a freer role in the hole between Nouble and the midfield.

Obvious downside of that though could be less bodies into the opposition box.

Sorry Otis was typing the same sort of thing!

SkyBlue_Bear83

4-2-3-1
--------Burge
Willis--Pennington--Johnson--Stokes
-------Ward---Fleck
Turgott-----JOB------Odelusi
---------Nouble

Other options areTudgay in for Turgott if passed fit with a bit of shuffling, could possibly play Maddison for Turgott instead if he has proved enough in the U21s. Now with Samuel out it opens up an opportunity for Proschwitz, he could also come in as we are no longer restricted by loan cap.

We've started with a 4231/433 in quite a few games under Mowbray.

Otis

4-2-3-1
--------Burge
Willis--Pennington--Johnson--Stokes
-------Ward---Fleck
Turgott-----JOB------Odelusi
---------Nouble

Other options areTudgay in for Turgott if passed fit with a bit of shuffling, could possibly play Maddison for Turgott instead if he has proved enough in the U21s. Now with Samuel out it opens up an opportunity for Proschwitz, he could also come in as we are no longer restricted by loan cap.

We've started with a 4231/433 in quite a few games under Mowbray.

i do like the idea of a strengthened midfield, but we would have to ensure with that line up that Odelusi and Turgott get up and support Nouble as often as possible.

stupot07

------------------Burge
phillips-Pennington--martin-johnson
---------thomas--fleck
----odelusi----ward----o'brien
--------------Nouble

skybluegod

It depends on notts county and how there team is, anyone know if they are a big physical side or a passing team? Missed the home game so wouldn't know?

if they are similar to orient proschwitz imo has to start, he is the only forward who Is gonna win a header as Nouble can't win a header to save his life. If they are a little less physical bring in Jackson to partner nouble.

either way I think Turgott should start for odelusi.

Burge
willis-Pennington-Martin-stokes
JoB-ward-fleck-turgott
------nouble-Jackson

would be be preferable as I doubt Johnson is gonna be for enough to start.

Gazolba

Doubt whether Proschwitz or Jackson are match fit. Tudgay definitely isn't. We are in deep trouble as it seems the entire team is barely fit enough to last 90 minutes so we are forced to make substitutions just to replaced tired players rather than for tactical reasons. The squad is paper-thin and we cannot afford one more injury or red card.

rupert_bear

This thread just highlights the state we have been left in squad wise by either Steve Pressley, Steve Waggott or both and I knew once the loan window closed we would get the inevitable injuries to the wrong players. We have to win three games I believe to be safe.

rupert_bear

Forgot about Bangura any news on him ? I suppose he has been on some sort of fitness program, has he played in any of these U/21 matches. You would think Andy Poole or Clive Eakin would be asking the question

Last edited:

stupot07

He was captain of the U21's this week. Played 90 mins I think.

He doesn't really solve the samuel injury or lack of goals conundrum though....

Otis

He was captain of the U21's this week. Played 90 mins I think.

He doesn't really solve the samuel injury or lack of goals conundrum though....

Nope. He's a midfielder.

We need someone banging the goals in up front in Samuel's and Tudgay's absence.

skybluegod

Doubt whether Proschwitz or Jackson are match fit. Tudgay definitely isn't. We are in deep trouble as it seems the entire team is barely fit enough to last 90 minutes so we are forced to make substitutions just to replaced tired players rather than for tactical reasons. The squad is paper-thin and we cannot afford one more injury or red card.

why wouldn't Jackson be? He hasn't been injured? He's just been playing for his country.

Otis

Just checked and he only came on the last 6 mins for Canada this week, so he should definitely be fit for Monday no problem.

rupert_bear

Agree he doesn't but he's an extra body, not sure what type of player he is. I personally don't rate the Bolton bloke and not sure on Turbot so it depends what Bangura offers to be honest.

Otis

Agree he doesn't but he's an extra body, not sure what type of player he is. I personally don't rate the Bolton bloke and not sure on Turbot so it depends what Bangura offers to be honest.

Odelusi worried me on Wednesday. He couldn't trap the ball, or control it, was running into blind alleys and the ball kept bouncing off his shins.

rupert_bear

Odelusi looked terrible, again questioning why he was signed and who thought he was good enough. When you sign players what is the point of signing players not better than what you have ?

Hobo

Given injuries etc what would people's first xi be for Notts County. not blessed with options but I would go back to 4-4-2 and name a strong looking team.

Burge
Willis RB
Martin CB
Pennington CB
Johnson LB
Ward CM
Fleck CM
O'Brien RM
Odelusi LM
Nouble CF
Tudguy CF (if it if not Jackson).

Subs: Reice Cook, Stokes, Haynes, Phillips, C.Thomas, Maddison, Jackson or if Tudguy not fit Prosch as opposed to young George.

Tricky one really.

drop Odelusi play either Turgot or Haynes. Tudgay won't be fit, so I would go with Maddison playing just behind Nouble.

skybluegod

drop Odelusi play either Turgot or Haynes. Tudgay won't be fit, so I would go with Maddison playing just behind Nouble.

Maddison won't be ready to start, and Haynes isn't ready to play LM, would still keep him out of the firing line for now.

LJC_CCFC

Charles-Cook

Phillips
Pennington
Johnson (If deemed fit to play, if not Willis or Martin)
Stokes

Jim
Ward
Fleck
Turgott/Odelusi

Nouble
Jackson

Otis

Charles-Cook

Phillips
Pennington
Johnson (If deemed fit to play, if not Willis or Martin)
Stokes

Jim
Ward
Fleck
Turgott/Odelusi

Nouble
Jackson

Yep. That looks about spot on for me.

Cept for the goalie of course. ;)

LJC_CCFC

Yep. That looks about spot on for me.

Cept for the goalie of course. ;)

It's not that I want to drop Burge or feel he should be dropped, but having heard good things about RCC from his time at Nuneaton (Plus the fact he's come through at Arsenal) he must be worth a go at some stage.

Perhaps that stage isn't when we are in the midst of a relegation battle.

Otis

It's not that I want to drop Burge or feel he should be dropped, but having heard good things about RCC from his time at Nuneaton (Plus the fact he's come through at Arsenal) he must be worth a go at some stage.

Perhaps that stage isn't when we are in the midst of a relegation battle.

Yep. Some stage. Like you say, not in the middle of a relegation battle. Just imagine the repercussions if he cost us the game on Monday.

Gazolba

Odelusi looked terrible, again questioning why he was signed and who thought he was good enough. When you sign players what is the point of signing players not better than what you have ?

Hasn't he scored a couple of goals? That is reason enough to play him!

Sky Blue Harry H

Hasn't he scored a couple of goals? That is reason enough to play him!

Good point - it's one thing having a good shape to a team, but it is really disheartening when you line up and can't see who is capable of getting a goal for you (e.g. Conor Thomas - and whilst I'm not criticising him as an individual you know that he would never exceed 2 goals in a season if he played every game). I think it affects confidence all round if you know you can't nick a goal at any time; whereas if you have a McGoldrick, Wilson etc, it allows the rest of the team to dig in with a little more confidence that we will pinch something.

Users who are viewing this thread