Team for Gillingham (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

RCC
Phillips
Martin
Stephens
Hunt (got to be a better option than Ricketts)
Vincelot
Jones
Fleck
Murphy
Armstrong
Tudgay

Struggling to pick a captain out of that lot.

CJ_covblaze

RCC
Phillips
Martin
Stephens
Vincelot
Jones
Fleck
Murphy
Armstrong
Tudgay

I'd give it to Charles-Cook. Not an ideal candidate but he's a character so at least his team talk would be a laugh.

pusbccfc

I literally don't care what the team is any more. I do, however, bloody hope he leaves Fortune at home.

oscillatewildly

I literally don't care what the team is any more. I do, however, bloody hope he leaves Fortune at home.
No, play him from the start and with the instruction to kick violently, their centre half. Repeatedly. This will warrant him a straight red with a minimum automatic 3 match ban. Now that's what you call a tactic. If only I could be in charge of team affairs for the first thirty seconds of this game.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

RCC
Phillips
Martin
Stephens
Vincelot
Jones
Fleck
Murphy
Armstrong
Tudgay

How on earth can anyone pick Murphy after another shocking performance tonight?

It's like our fans enjoy being whipped and scream 'harder, harder' every time. That player should be banished from this club.

chiefdave

I'd be tempted to put some kids in but there's no point putting a load in at once. Defiantly start putting 2 or 3 in each game and see how they get on. No point keep playing this lot who clearly aren't interested and won't be here next season.

shmmeee

Play those who are likely to be here next year.

RCC
Lorentzson Martin Willis (is he fit now?)/Stokes Stokes/Haynes (recall)
Vincelot Bulgarian fella
Jones Thomas Lameiras
Sambou

It's not great, but at least the experience will go to players who can help us next season and we know what we're working with.

Specs WT-R75

Play those who are likely to be here next year.

RCC
Lorentzson Martin Willis (is he fit now?)/Stokes Stokes/Haynes (recall)
Vincelot Bulgarian fella
Jones Thomas Lameiras
Sambou

It's not great, but at least the experience will go to players who can help us next season and we know what we're working with.

Agree with the sentiment. Thank the loans for their efforts and give the U21 players some much needed game time - they will be needed next year. Problem with some of your players is they are out of contract in the summer also (Lorentzen and Martin for eg)... anyway the kids can't do much worse than this shower of shite at the moment :(

The reality is, we probably have one more defeat to suffer until the writing is officially on the wall...

Otis

RCC
Phillips
Martin
Stephens
Vincelot
Jones
Fleck
Murphy
Armstrong
Tudgay

Vincelot got his 10th yellow card and is now banned for two matches.

skyblue1991

How on earth can anyone pick Murphy after another shocking performance tonight?

It's like our fans enjoy being whipped and scream 'harder, harder' every time. That player should be banished from this club.
He wasn't that bad last night, not our worst player.

Who would you play in LM instead?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He wasn't. Penalty miss apart he wasn't that bad.

Lameiras when he came on did nothing.

Wasn't that bad? If that performance is what you class as 'not bad' then I think you need to reassess the standards you've set there.

Lameiras in fairness to him, came on in the 65th minute to take part in a team that had already given up. Whilst he didn't set the world alight, he put in considerably more effort than Murphy.

Nick

Administrator
I'd play:

RCC

Lorentzon Martins Stephens Ricketts/Hunt (No other option)

Rose Fleck Vincelot Jones

Tudgay Armstrong

Instead of this one up front, I'd be practising Armstrong playing off Tudgay. Playing off the flick ons and the knock ons.

Then Rose and Jones putting crosses in. If Jones is coming forward then Rose should be getting in the box too.

lifeskyblue

I thought Jones was ok last night but I agree I would play him on the left. Last night second half he was a one trick pony only coming inside. Only once did he go outside his man. A little predictable I thought. Still at least he showed some desire and promise for next season.
I thought Murphy was ok apart from penalty miss. He just doesn't seem to be able to get in the right position...always on his heals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I thought Jones was ok last night but I agree I would play him on the left. Last night second half he was a one trick pony only coming inside. Only once did he go outside his man. A little predictable I thought. Still at least he showed some desire and promise for next season.
I thought Murphy was ok apart from penalty miss. He just doesn't seem to be able to get in the right position...always on his heals

He wasn't that bad. No worse than anyone else certainly.

Thought Cole was the worst player last night.

skybluesam66

Ricketts vincelot and Fleck are the only 3 in the team yesterday who started the season
and all 3 of them are not playing at the levels they were - so this is not the team that was top of the table

Hod dog

RCC

Lorentzen Martin Stephens Haynes (recall)

Rose Fleck

Jones Murphy Lameiras

Armstrong

Haynes has to be recalled if possible
Vincelot is suspended for two games
do not believe any of fortune, Tudgay... are good enough to start up front
Murphy can play really well in No 10 behind Armstrong, people calling for him to never play again are clueless, second top scorer this season, yes he has gone off boil since Crewe away but you take him out who have you got to replace him with? he played well at Peterborough and might have scored a brace against a different keeper. yes his penalty miss annoying but come one we are cov nobody scores a pen for cov!!!

Otis

I said Vincelot was suspended, but people ignored me and just kept putting him in.

I get that a lot in life.

Otis

Was going to pick a side, but can't be arsed.

Ricketts has to be dropped. We know he won't be.

Rose is injured. Looks like it will be Bigi.

Nick

Administrator
Forgot about that stupid yellow card!

RCC

Lorentzon Martins Stephens Ricketts/Hunt (No other option)

Murphy Fleck Rose Jones

Tudgay Armstrong

I don't rate Haynes, but has to be better than Ricketts.

wingy

But it was like picking a pass to statues There was no movement,no opportunity to receive the ball on the move.

Nick

Administrator
But it was like picking a pass to statues There was no movement,no opportunity to receive the ball on the move.

Exactly, at one point after Tudgay came on he was up front and Fleck picked up the ball Tudgay had 3 players around him. No chance the ball could go to him, instead it went back to Ricketts, to Stephens, to Martin, back to Fleck.

Otis

So many passes were completely telegraphed last night and played directly to feet rather than into space.

It was so predictable and so easy for Colchester to defend against.

Nick

Administrator
I noticed when Thomas came on, although he didn't do much he was the first player to play the ball for Jones in front of him to run onto rather than direct to his feet so he has to stop it, then go.

covcity4life

i guess you have to give it a go with "first teamers" because its a 6 pointer (barely)

but i would be tempted to mix it up for remainder of season

lifeskyblue

I would use the youngsters. Forget playoffs...with the lack of effort or guile we have shown over the last few months those established "first teamers" do not deserve to wear the shirt. We can all accept losses but it is the manner in which we have played that has really disappointed. The football we have seen over the last three months bears no resemblance to that we were watching early in the season.

Users who are viewing this thread