Talks with Mowbray to continue (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Tony Mowbray has held talks with the club's owners today and those talks will continue over the coming days...

Coventry City chief executive Steve Waggott says talks with Tony Mowbray will continue over the next few days.

Mowbray, who guided the Sky Blues to League One safety, met the club’s board and owners with his representatives today.

Waggott said: “We’ve been having tentative talks over the past couple of weeks but everything was really geared towards securing our safety.

“Those talks have moved to a more formal level today following the weekend’s result and they are centred round the club’s structure and the way Tony sees things moving forward.

“Those talks will continue over the next few days. I know everyone is very keen to see this matter resolved quickly on the back of the end of the season and I am no different that’s why we have moved to this stage so soon after Sunday.

“We will keep supporters up-to-date as much as we can.”

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...lks-continue-2442738.aspx#0BHwXFB9CAW7iEwR.99

Hobo

They brought him in, he completed his remit to stay in this division, they have had time to see his working practices.

so this delay, this indecision, can only be he has thrown up opposition to SISU working practice?

kg82

They brought him in, he completed his remit to stay in this division, they have had time to see his working practices.

so this delay, this indecision, can only be he has thrown up opposition to SISU working practice?

What delay? Jesus Christ, it's been 2 days since the season finished. We knew they were having talks once the season was over. Do you just expect him to walk in the room and 5 minutes later everything's sorted?

Hobo

What delay? Jesus Christ, it's been 2 days since the season finished. We knew they were having talks once the season was over. Do you just expect him to walk in the room and 5 minutes later everything's sorted?

I would expect them to have two plans a league one plan, a relegation plan. Have they not had the man in post to see how he works? They have a simple choice, the Mowbray way or the SISU way.

kg82

I would expect them to have two plans a league one plan, a relegation plan. Have they not had the man in post to see how he works? They have a simple choice, the Mowbray way or the SISU way.

And they're listening to what Mowbray has to say. He's even said that won't be done till after the season. Christ, it's every little thing with a chance to complain. I don't like our owners, but I have mire patience than 2 minutes. If it goes wrong, fair enough, we can all bitch and moan then. How anyone thinks something like this - essentially the negotiation to change the direction of our club on and off the pitch - will take a day, is beyond me.

hill83

YES

giphy.gif

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not necessarily

Hobo

And they're listening to what Mowbray has to say. He's even said that won't be done till after the season. Christ, it's every little thing with a chance to complain. I don't like our owners, but I have mire patience than 2 minutes. If it goes wrong, fair enough, we can all bitch and moan then. How anyone thinks something like this - essentially the negotiation to change the direction of our club on and off the pitch - will take a day, is beyond me.

2 minutes? They have had seven years to turn the ship around and failed despite several opportunities presenting themselves. There is so much rebuilding required at this club we can't afford to waste a day let alone a week, and the oh people have gone on holiday.

you do realise some clubs have listed today who they are releasing and some clubs have signed players. I would have thought SISU would know if they wanted Mowbray or not before the Crawley game (admittedly the Crawley result may have been key). But if they want to sell season tickets they need this show on the road.

Forward planning, making decisions, it is basic business. Just as it is basic business to be on the front foot

SkyBlue_Bear83

Considering Mowbray sounds like he wants to do a complete restructure of the club on the football side, it's not going to be a quick conversation.

kg82

2 minutes? They have had seven years to turn the ship around and failed despite several opportunities presenting themselves. There is so much rebuilding required at this club we can't afford to waste a day let alone a week, and the oh people have gone on holiday.

you do realise some clubs have listed today who they are releasing and some clubs have signed players. I would have thought SISU would know if they wanted Mowbray or not before the Crawley game (admittedly the Crawley result may have been key). But if they want to sell season tickets they need this show on the road.

Forward planning, making decisions, it is basic business. Just as it is basic business to be on the front foot

Mowbray's been here 7 years has he? And the owners know exactly what he's going to say do that? Ridiculous argument.

Hobo

Considering Mowbray sounds like he wants to do a complete restructure of the club on the football side, it's not going to be a quick conversation.

it is a conversation that has already hit problems, because he knows why we are where we are like lots of our fans. Unlike some on here who thought we had a top six squad under SISU. He said something like we need better people to identify who comes in and better people to look after the players once they are here. That means bluntly the whole back room set up is rubbish. It means Waggott is responsible for a lot of these faults; which a few of us has being saying. SP had a lot of faults but he was still Waggotts scape goat. Waggott the man who thought SP should have a four year contract.

if they have TM in place by Friday I will say fair play....but I sense SISU have cold feet.

Astute

What happened to him going back to the north east after the last game?

SkyBlue_Bear83

it is a conversation that has already hit problems, because he knows why we are where we are like lots of our fans. Unlike some on here who thought we had a top six squad under SISU. He said something like we need better people to identify who comes in and better people to look after the players once they are here. That means bluntly the whole back room set up is rubbish. It means Waggott is responsible for a lot of these faults; which a few of us has being saying. SP had a lot of faults but he was still Waggotts scape goat. Waggott the man who thought SP should have a four year contract.

if they have TM in place by Friday I will say fair play....but I sense SISU have cold feet.

I don't think its a conversation that has hit problems, nothing I've seen suggests that. Its a conversation that I think only began seriously today because the last two months have all been geared towards survival, they probably only scratched the surface today discussing what needs to be done.

kg82

You've basically just said everything with the club is wrong, but you want it sorted within the hour. Mowbray's no mug, he's identified what's wrong, but with everything that's wrong it's going to take longer than a day. He also hasn't said anything about Waggott, he said he wants complete control of identifying and signing players. Waggott will still hold negotiations.

Hobo

Mowbray's been here 7 years has he? And the owners know exactly what he's going to say do that? Ridiculous argument.

Mowbray's been here seven years? Think you need to learn to read!

kg82

Mowbray's been here seven years? Think you need to learn to read!

You've said "it's been going on 7 years" as if that's down to Mowbray sorting it now! He's negotiating structure and where funds go. He's started that negotiation today. How about giving it a few days before freaking out about how he's not signing and it's all SISU's fault.

Hobo

You seem a little suprised he requires a complete restructuring of the club? It depends on whether SiSU thought they were already on the right lines as to how quick the conversation is. To me it suggests differing opinions, we will wait and see.

Astute

You've basically just said everything with the club is wrong, but you want it sorted within the hour. Mowbray's no mug, he's identified what's wrong, but with everything that's wrong it's going to take longer than a day. He also hasn't said anything about Waggott, he said he wants complete control of identifying and signing players. Waggott will still hold negotiations.

Waggott negotiating with a manager that wants to take over everything he does? Doesn't sound good to me. Like a turkey voting for xmas...in more ways than one.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You seem a little suprised he requires a complete restructuring of the club? It depends on whether SiSU thought they were already on the right lines as to how quick the conversation is. To me it suggests differing opinions, we will wait and see.
Which bit of my post shows surprise then? Whats surprising is you think talks regarding a complete restructuring can be wrapped up in a few hours.

Yes we will wait and see, your cynical view could be right but I've seen nothing to suggest that as of yet.

BackRoomRummermill

I suspect most of it has been agreed well before today, it's now just sorting out everyone's boundaries in their roles. From the the top to the bottom to suit TM and CCFC going forward.

Hobo

You've said "it's been going on 7 years" as if that's down to Mowbray sorting it now! He's negotiating structure and where funds go. He's started that negotiation today. How about giving it a few days before freaking out about how he's not signing and it's all SISU's fault.

the last seven years is SISU'S fault. It is certainly not Mowbrays. But I think Mowbray has a clear plan to go forward. Something SISU haven't had in seven years. It is interesting Mowbray has alluded to some glaring faults in the structure of the club, not something people normally do on preliminary talks because everyone has been too busy with operation survival. It sounds like Mowbray knows what is wrong and SISU don't, which is why we are where we are.

J

Jack Griffin

Waggott negotiating with a manager that wants to take over everything he does? Doesn't sound good to me. Like a turkey voting for xmas...in more ways than one.

I'll have that with all the trimmings please.

kg82

the last seven years is SISU'S fault. It is certainly not Mowbrays. But I think Mowbray has a clear plan to go forward. Something SISU haven't had in seven years. It is interesting Mowbray has alluded to some glaring faults in the structure of the club, not something people normally do on preliminary talks because everyone has been too busy with operation survival. It sounds like Mowbray knows what is wrong and SISU don't, which is why we are where we are.

Exactly! That's what I've said! And surely you can see that will take longer than a day?!

kg82

Out of interest, what would you say if mowbary and waggot don't agree a contract and he (TM) leaves?

I'd agree with everyone that it shows a complete lack of regard for the club and fans. But that wasn't the point I'm making. I'm not going to start moaning about something that hasn't happened yet.

Bill Glazier

Given Sisu's opaque management structure this could take a while. There's a Mr Big somewhere sitting in his island lair stroking a white persian cat who'll make the final decision.

Bantam48

Given Sisu's opaque management structure this could take a while. There's a Mr Big somewhere sitting in his island lair stroking a white persian cat who'll make the final decision.

Weeelcome Mr Mowbray, I've been expecting you.

Skyblueweeman

I like that analogy.

Better than f*&king renting houses anyway. Have a like.

st john

I may be wrong but I seem to remember it took several days to secure TM when he first came, and people were saying it wouldn't happen. Maybe he is just the cautious type when it comes to contracts.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I may be wrong but I seem to remember it took several days to secure TM when he first came, and people were saying it wouldn't happen. Maybe he is just the cautious type when it comes to contracts.
No you're right it was expected on the Monday and didn't happen. There wasn't even expected to be an announcement either way today so don't get what the fuss is.

Users who are viewing this thread