Talk to each other about playing at the Ricoh - the campaign starts here (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Forget the blame game, where is the thread where we express our wish that both sides sit around a table and thrash out a deal ASAP?

Here it is, that's where.

@richh87

SISU wouldn't play there if it was free - it's not what they are after. Also they can't be reasoned with in their disgusting attempts to get the Ricoh.

No point discussing things with them any more.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I agree.. of course I want CCFC playing in Coventry... the thought of the Northampton thing makes me so angry... but for SISU to accuse ACL and others of intransigence, when Joy allegedly made the statement that the only way back is for ACL to hand over the keys to the RICOH.... makes me even more convinced of SISU's overall plan.
On this basis, regrettably I doubt we have a way forward, but if there is one.. I'm up for it.

sky blue john

Sorry but my feelings now is to starve Sisu's cash flow which isn't going to happen if they are playing at the Ricoh !!!!

olderskyblue

NW, it appears the only worthwhile discussion would be if the Ricoh was on offer for next to nothing. Are you suggesting ACL/CCC should do this?

Snozz_is_god

Sorry but my feelings now is to starve Sisu's cash flow which isn't going to happen if they are playing at the Ricoh !!!!

My thoughts as well, this seasons is lost before it even started. If you go to any 'home' games at Northampton or spend money with SISU in any way, you're just prolonging the agony I'm afraid.

NorthernWisdom

What has any of that got to do with pushing both sides to talk to each other, rather than talk through the media?

Might be better if we focussed our energies on pushing for the most uimoportant thing first, rather than looking to see who blames who for what.

sky blue john

My thoughts as well, this seasons is lost before it even started. If you go to any
'home' games at Northampton or spend money with SISU in any way, you're just prolonging the agony I'm afraid.

Exactly minimizing the support at northampton is key to getting Sisu to sell up !!!
Remember Fisher arrogance expecting it to be bad for a few games and then everyone to then everyone to start flooding back !!
There is no argument to support the team at sixfields !!!
If your prepared to go to sixfields then just go to away games instead, that's what i will be doing !!!

Skybluepiglet

Northern Wisdom...there clearly IS NO mileage in traveling to Shitfields for the future of our club

SISU are now asset stripping the club,,,,I know inside you want to support "THE BOYS" ... but to watch football@ Northampton is sending a message to SISU that
"hey..we don't like it, but we'll do it cus we have no choice"
WE DO HAVE A CHOICE..starve the SISU tossers of cash .just like they are starving us of a club in our own city!!!

If it doesn't taste nasty..the medicine won't work!!

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The basis of these talks would be rent or ownership?

Thats the problem I think, One side only wants rent not ownership the other only ownership not rent

NorthernWisdom

The basis of these talks would be rent or ownership?

Thats the problem I think, One side only wants rent not ownership the other only ownership not rent

Both.

Open minds, open positions.

Or we just sit here and call each other all kinds of names according to our entrenched positions, and don't even try to get the message across we'd quite like them to have a chat.

And if we do that, then we play into the hands of anybody who doesn't want to talk... of whatever side.

Skybluepiglet

They have just had 3 months of closed season.
Do you really think it's a coincidence nothing was sorted in that period.

ccfcdan

Yep no more money for SISU from me. I've picked my away games and shall be attending 12 over the season to support the players. That is where my st is going this year.

sky blue john

There is.

Please enlighten ?
Because you might aswell just going to away games. This way your not supporting Sisu's actions but still get to see and support the team !!!!
If you think the actions will effect team rebuilding and wages why ?
Sisu can afford to spend 30-50 million on a stadium then they can afford to cover 2-3 million in wages each year !!!!

L

longjohnskyblue

Sisu refuse to budge! How can you reason with a mindset like that?

ACL have a duty of care for the people of coventry. It is a given that if ever sisu/otium managed to get their hands on the ricoh, it is just a massive pit for them to sink their bad debt into and write it off! They have already done this once to the club, now they want an even bigger potential pit!

ACL by dumping the debt into the club, can therefore make all their other assets look good. I suspect the vast majority of their investors probably haven't even heard of coventry city yet alone give two hoots! They do however care about their investments, and by writing off the losses via CCFC Ltd (as they clearly have done) all of a sudden their balanbce sheet looks fantastic and will attract more investors!

Why can't people see them for what they are? They have made it bigger than the football club, they are trying to screw over every taxpayer in Coventry! At some point everyone must make a stand. Now is the time! SISU OUT NOPM

Nick

Administrator
Please enlighten ?
Because you might aswell just going to away games. This way your not supporting Sisu's actions but still get to see and support the team !!!!
If you think the actions will effect team rebuilding and wages why ?
Sisu can afford to spend 30-50 million on a stadium then they can afford to cover 2-3 million in wages each year !!!!

They can't pay those wages because of fair play can they?

torchomatic

I agree.. of course I want CCFC playing in Coventry... the thought of the Northampton thing makes me so angry... but for SISU to accuse ACL and others of intransigence, when Joy allegedly made the statement that the only way back is for ACL to hand over the keys to the RICOH.... makes me even more convinced of SISU's overall plan.
On this basis, regrettably I doubt we have a way forward, but if there is one.. I'm up for it.

Yes, allegedly. ML said that wasn't true. Both sides now need to sort stuff out for us lot, the ones that care. None of the other lot do.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

NorthernWisdom

This thread is not about who's to blame!

That is done to death and detracts from the main point.

Coventry should be in Coventry. Two sides can talk to each other if they choose.

The fans should be voicing their opinion that they would like them to talk to each other.

Wm65

The two parties detest each other - there is no trust and no way that that can have any kind of relationship- talking is done .

Either start from scratch with a new club at the ricoh going through the leagues as Newport did or give sisu the ground for a knockdown price - those are the only viable options.

Flying Fokker

Sisu refuse to budge! How can you reason with a mindset like that?

ACL have a duty of care for the people of coventry. It is a given that if ever sisu/otium managed to get their hands on the ricoh, it is just a massive pit for them to sink their bad debt into and write it off! They have already done this once to the club, now they want an even bigger potential pit!

ACL by dumping the debt into the club, can therefore make all their other assets look good. I suspect the vast majority of their investors probably haven't even heard of coventry city yet alone give two hoots! They do however care about their investments, and by writing off the losses via CCFC Ltd (as they clearly have done) all of a sudden their balanbce sheet looks fantastic and will attract more investors!

Why can't people see them for what they are? They have made it bigger than the football club, they are trying to screw over every taxpayer in Coventry! At some point everyone must make a stand. Now is the time! SISU OUT NOPM

A bit mixed on some of this. The supporters may well be in need of care but it is the civic responsibility of Councillors and CCC to be good stewards of the money. ACL's role is different.

Users who are viewing this thread