Talented Footballers from Coventry (1 Viewer)

AStonesThrow

So just off the top of my head, I was thinking about the footballers born/raised in Coventry (not necessarily played for CCFC)

obviously we have Maddison, Wilson, Jamie Paterson (Bristol City)

Can we name any others?

CJ_covblaze

My old man played with Ian Muir for Cov Boys. He was deadly. Could score from pretty much anywhere.

covboy1987

Ian Muir Cov lad and now back living in Cov is a legend to a generation of Tranmere Rovers fans, and still, hold Tranmere record goal scoring and played the starring role in the greatest period of the club's history and also the finest centre-forward not to have played in the top tier of English football.

clint van damme

Ian Muir Cov lad and now back living in Cov is a legend to a generation of Tranmere Rovers fans, and still, hold Tranmere record goal scoring and played the starring role in the greatest period of the club's history and also the finest centre-forward not to have played in the top tier of English football.

Better than Steve Bull?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I think Ian did play in top tier of English football, just not enough times unfortunately.

CJ_covblaze

I second that!! I played in Caludon school team with him. Top talent , so skilful.
I think Ian did play in top tier of English football, just not enough times unfortunately.

I'm sure it was Muir that my Dad mentioned being taken by QPR when someone turned up at training and pointed at the 2 or 3 players they wanted. While playing for Woodway he also ended up on his arse when he was done by Muir's skill who got on his knees to head the ball over the line.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I'm sure it was Muir that my Dad mentioned being taken by QPR when someone turned up at training and pointed at the 2 or 3 players they wanted. While playing for Woodway he also ended up on his arse when he was done by Muir's skill who got on his knees to head the ball over the line.

Yes Ian missed a few games in final school year , training down at QPR. For whatever reason he didn't make it there despite his top skills.

Anyone remember playing the game world cup? That's when a bunch of you pick a country and have rounds where one player gets knocked out until last two remain. Sad but I do remember getting to final with him once and losing 3-2 in best of five. In saying that, I always reckon he was about 10 times better footballer than me.

We had two professional players in our school team ,Pete Hormanschuck and Ian Muir, but sadly we lost to Woodlands in school final 4-2 in 1979 and missed chance to represent Coventry in National schools competition and play at Highfield road. Amazingly enough on way to play off final this year , met fellow Sky Blues fan on on the tram from Bury to Manchester and then on to London. We got talking and he just happened to have played in the same final game for Woodlands. Still gutted about that losing that game.

Sorry to over reminiscence!

Users who are viewing this thread