Takover News? (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

... thought i'd start a new thread on takeover updates etc as the last one started getting a touch silly with in house scrapping between posters.

So....has anybody got any latest takeover news after todays game?

skybluereeve

I was so desperate to start another you beat me to it mate.also anything from tweeting keys? And you right last thread has been ruined

CCFC123

Heard nothing over the last 48 hours. Gone very quiet.- Could be a good thing?

Your right the last post got embarrasing.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Didnt hear anything at the game, although Joe Elliott was on coach 1 today, and is almost certain to have been questioned by some fans. Heres hoping someone who was on that coach heard something.......

No.sign of the Hoff though (although i was near the front getting a shit view of the game so he may have been behind and I didnt see him)

EleanorRigby

According to Stuart Linnell today it's all a bit premature. Put a bit of a dampner on the whole thing...But was that him saying it or has he been told to say it ??

MatthewWallis

CWR said they spoke to 'the relevant people' and there's no bid on the table

Also someone asked Keys yesterday about the rumour of something being announced this week and he said "No nothing's changed'

lordsummerisle

CWR said they spoke to 'the relevant people' and there's no bid on the table

Also someone asked Keys yesterday about the rumour of something being announced this week and he said "No nothing's changed'

Can't see why people can't just wait and see if any bid is being made before getting all hysterical defending a bid that hasn't and may not happen.

Might stop the "Who shall we buy?" and "Should we get another manager in after the take-over" threads too.

Nonleagueherewecome

We certainly need to stop with compiling lists of transfer targets that are miles out of our reach. I'm pretty much certain that we've got massively carried away over nothing since the Bristol Crowd Rumour!

SkyBlue_Bear83

We certainly need to stop with compiling lists of transfer targets that are miles out of our reach. I'm pretty much certain that we've got massively carried away over nothing since the Bristol Crowd Rumour!
Does this mean I have to return my replica sky blue shirt with "Messi" printed on the back?

Nonleagueherewecome

Does this mean I have to return my replica sky blue shirt with "Messi" printed on the back?

You can hope that we sign John Mousinho from Stevenage, and that his nickname is "Messi". :)

rob9872

I thought I saw one on a Leicester shirt but it turned out to be "Me Sis"

skybluesam66

linnell did change his tune however, when one caller suggested we had no hope and that SISU were killing us - Linnell said (towards the end of the show) we may have some better news to change your mind before long

EleanorRigby

My hope is what Chris Cattlin said or very nearly said last Saturday before Linnell interupted him. He was enthusiastically trumpeting our win and went on to say how things are going to improve in the near future if what he has heard happens something like that. think he got a bit carried and Linnell seemed to move in to quieten him a bit.

ccfcdan

CWR stated there was no bid! And suggested that it was all rumours. We need to get up the Ricoh Saturday and protest in numbers, try and force things along abit :)

Didge76

linnell did change his tune however, when one caller suggested we had no hope and that SISU were killing us - Linnell said (towards the end of the show) we may have some better news to change your mind before long

Yeah heard that near the end of the show. Said hopefully better news in the next few weeks, now whether he meant new players coming in or an imminent takeover who knows??? Surely he knows something!!!

ICHAN

Think he was refering to maybe players coming in.
As he was quite adament on the takeover stuff was shall we say blown out of proportion can not remember exactly what he said about what was being said regarding the takeover.
Quite sure player strengthening and AT been told funds may be available or something along those lines, more to do with what fisher had said a while ago.

Disorganised1

Takeover rumours ! :eek:

What ?

When did this start ?

jagman

To many people listen to to many rumours by posters who think they are in the know eg ' my mate who is a steward told me ' 'my mate who is in the know and never gives me duff information told me'. All these rumours do is raise peoples hopes and expectations.
The only way we are going to know anything for sure is if Sisu or Hoffman make a statement and that does not look like it is going to happen anytime soon.
So lets all calm down and not listen to any tweets from people who are in the know, Richard Keys ? and be patient.

Bloodnut1964

Personally I think something is in the pipeline and I don't blame whoever it is for keeping quiet, co's let's be honest Coventry have never handled PR that good in the past so keeping quiet for a change maybe a good thing and perhaps good signs for the future that we are going to do things properly for a change.

Just my opinion of course.

it is getting frustrating but we have just got to sit tight, what we do know is that hoffman, keys etc are as much cov as any of us so they are as desperate for this to happen as us, while we want it done asap, the fact is it would take a mini miracle for us to stay up even if money was available so as long as it is done before the summer then we will all be happy

lordsummerisle

Personally I think something is in the pipeline and I don't blame whoever it is for keeping quiet, co's let's be honest Coventry have never handled PR that good in the past so keeping quiet for a change maybe a good thing and perhaps good signs for the future that we are going to do things properly for a change.

Just my opinion of course.

Keeping it quiet?

Christ knows what Keys will be saying when it's not being kept quiet then,

georgehudson

just for once put yourself in the place of a 'prospective investor',
and then rationalise whether you would surrender any details,
importantly, considering the facile actions of the now gone 'kd',
anyone who has had 'previous' with sisu would surely have zero trust in their actions / motives,
it is a reasonable shout to say that 'big pressure' is on 'sisu',
further, in business circles, their reputation is, i would estimate, about as low as any company could get,
therefore they, i estimate, will look towards damage limitation,
i pose the question,
'would a prospective invest in any of their companies ?
A BUSTED FLUSH,
SMELL THE COFFEE,
& GO !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread